What's new

Arunachal CM Dead - Confirmed

Its High time India started big time road and rail projects in AP. Maybe pathetic infra forced CM to take the chopper and in this weather condition, i have very less hope for a survival news.

I will Blame the Indian Govt for neglecting North east. It took Aggression from China for us to even look into north east affairs. Pathetic!!

Don't blame infrastructure for the mishap. I bet you haven't ever been to AP. My cousin stays in AP in near Bomdila and last time I visited her, I could see why it has been so difficult to build infrastructure in this area. The mountains make aerial route the most efficient to reach remote areas. Most state govts use choppers for transportation within their state to save time.
Weather is quite unpredictable in the mountains and one should respect the nature if it indeed played foul in case of a bad news. Keeping fingers crossed.

yes i have not been to AP, but i live in a place enveloped by western ghats, and i agree putting infa is difficult there. It may take time but its not impossible. If we can do Konkan Railways, then whats stopping AP developing infra? I'd say neglect !

Don't blame infrastructure for the mishap. I bet you haven't ever been to AP. My cousin stays in AP in near Bomdila and last time I visited her, I could see why it has been so difficult to build infrastructure in this area. The mountains make aerial route the most efficient to reach remote areas. Most state govts use choppers for transportation within their state to save time.
Weather is quite unpredictable in the mountains and one should respect the nature if it indeed played foul in case of a bad news. Keeping fingers crossed.

Sounds like mountains are only in AP. AP's infrastructure is below par. Period.:hitwall:

road_of_death_8.jpg

A road through the mountains in China.

yes i have not been to AP, but i live in a place enveloped by western ghats, and i agree putting infa is difficult there. It may take time but its not impossible. If we can do Konkan Railways, then whats stopping AP developing infra? I'd say neglect !

It is not pure neglect but rather logistics. The govt has invested in infrastructure wherever it has seen the potential of economic growth. If you look carefully at all the infra projects, they all have been done keeping in mind, its contribution to the growth. With the relatively sparse population in AP, it is difficult to justify development faster than rest of the country where it is needed more.

Having said that, there are several road projects underway in the NE states right now. I won't say it was a threat from China which led people to take a look at the NE projects, but rather a decision to invest money where it is most needed. We are not a rich country and it makes sense to invest in areas where we have the most population and the most potential for growth.

Sounds like mountains are only in AP. AP's infrastructure is below par. Period.:hitwall:
Not saying that... see my reply to ajaxpaul. It is partly economics and often business justification. There has been neglect and I don't deny that, but the reason lies in the limited funding we have in our country to invest in our infrastructure all over the country. I can show many more roads in other so called better off states where roads are in miserable and pathetic condition.

We should use same fleet of choppers for half breed italian Rahul and Sonia

Ya sure... We should use the same chopper to settle scores in order to systematically kill people in public life. Right?

Not saying that... see my reply to ajaxpaul. It is partly economics and often business justification. There has been neglect and I don't deny that, but the reason lies in the limited funding we have in our country to invest in our infrastructure all over the country. I can show many more roads in other so called better off states where roads are in miserable and pathetic condition.

Thanks.
Choppers are not the solution. Business justification for a VIPs travel is not being questioned but a few 100 miles can be covered in a couple of hours if the roads are good. Here the common man goes through such a lot of hardship to go from place A to Place B.

The roads in many parts of India is pathetic but AP has to start from ground up wheras the other states have started moving in the right direction including J&K.

Thanks.
Choppers are not the solution. Business justification for a VIPs travel is not being questioned but a few 100 miles can be covered in a couple of hours if the roads are good. Here the common man goes through such a lot of hardship to go from place A to Place B.

The roads in many parts of India is pathetic but AP has to start from ground up wheras the other states have started moving in the right direction including J&K.

I agree that choppers are not the solution, but why single out AP when all other states are using choppers at will to ferry political leaders? Don't they see the hardships of the common man on the street? Forget travelling 100 miles in couple of hours, any one living in any major city in India can tell you enough horror stories about the transportation infrastructure. Try going 10 miles in a city like Bangalore and come back with the stopwatch reading. Roads are not always the solution for the problems that we face. Fact is that the govt machinery has taken things for granted, they will always get a cordoned off smooth passage corridor of travel everytime they need to venture out in a city... failing to realize what a common man faces.

I agree on your frustration on govt officials abusing the privileges, but why single out AP. Even YSR was killed in a chopper accident even when the so called road network is in a much better shape than the rest of the country. Will you blame the incident on the govt not having enough roads in Andhra Pradesh... Irony that it is also called AP.

I agree that choppers are not the solution, but why single out AP when all other states are using choppers at will to ferry political leaders? Don't they see the hardships of the common man on the street? Forget travelling 100 miles in couple of hours, any one living in any major city in India can tell you enough horror stories about the transportation infrastructure. Try going 10 miles in a city like Bangalore and come back with the stopwatch reading. Roads are not always the solution for the problems that we face. Fact is that the govt machinery has taken things for granted, they will always get a cordoned off smooth passage corridor of travel everytime they need to venture out in a city... failing to realize what a common man faces.

I agree on your frustration on govt officials abusing the privileges, but why single out AP. Even YSR was killed in a chopper accident even when the so called road network is in a much better shape than the rest of the country. Will you blame the incident on the govt not having enough roads in Andhra Pradesh... Irony that it is also called AP.

Do not confuse intra City transport with intra state transport. I am from Bangalore and I know the situation there. I no longer live in Bangalore and one main reason is the number of hours I spend on road. Bangalore has experienced unexpected inflow of population due to its fame of being the IT capital. It is losing its sheen for the very same reason.

Compare Arunachal with Karnataka roads. Example the NH4, Bombay to Bangalore is a pleasure (some kms are to be completed though). Compare with Mysore - Bangalore. Compare with Chennai - Bangalore also compare with Hyderabad - Bangalore.
:cheers:

Do not confuse intra City transport with intra state transport. I am from Bangalore and I know the situation there. I no longer live in Bangalore and one main reason is the number of hours I spend on road. Bangalore has experienced unexpected inflow of population due to its fame of being the IT capital. It is losing its sheen for the very same reason.

Compare Arunachal with Karnataka roads. Example the NH4, Bombay to Bangalore is a pleasure (some kms are to be completed though). Compare with Mysore - Bangalore. Compare with Chennai - Bangalore also compare with Hyderabad - Bangalore.
:cheers:

OK lets compare inter city road infrastructure then. Tell me how many people use these expressways and highways? compare to how many will use if we would have built them in AP or for that matter any other NE state? If we had the same GDP as we have today a decade ago, we could have spent across all over India.

I am not denying that there has been neglect, rather trying to refute your point that building roads would have prevented the CM in taking the aerial route. If despite good road infrastructure, the Maha or Karnataka CM can travel in choppers, then whats wrong when the AP CM used choppers.

^^^ OK, point taken. But Chief ministers do travel on roads and not just on choppers. The only condition is that roads should be usable, well build and well maintained.

No one is singling out AP....instead we are bringing up the matter of infrastructure which is lacking thee and elsewhere. There is no excuse...sure it may be difficult but it is not impossible. Look at china....no mountain or sea will stop it from developing infrastructure. This should apply to us. Sure it may be difficult but very possible to complete. If you go in to a cricket match thinking you are going to lose before the match has begun, guess what the chances of you losing are higher. Go into Infrastructure with a winning mentality that you can overcome any problems that come in the way.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom