What's new

Arrests as China web users call for revolution

Impossible, the American government would never fund the subversion of a legitimate government.
The American CIA, NED, Freedom House and multitudes of American government financed NGOs are synonymous with overthrowing legitimate governments for over 60 years. This is a long and well known history or trolling. Off the top of my head...

• Iran (1953)
  • Guatemala (1954)
  • Tibet (1950-1959)
  • Congo (1960)
  • Brazil (1964)
  • Iraq (1963/1968/1973)
  • Chile (1973)

Iran, Guatemala, Congo, Brazil and Chile were all democratically elected governments. In all these cases, they were getting rid of foreign leaders they could not control. Do I even need to continue?

The American CIA, NED, Freedom House and multitudes of American government financed NGOs are synonymous with overthrowing legitimate governments for over 60 years. This is a long and well known history or trolling. Off the top of my head...

• Iran (1953)
  • Guatemala (1954)
  • Tibet (1950-1959)
  • Congo (1960)
  • Brazil (1964)
  • Iraq (1963/1968/1973)
  • Chile (1973)

Iran, Guatemala, Congo, Brazil and Chile were all democratically elected governments. In all these cases, they were getting rid of foreign leaders they could not control. Do I even need to continue?

Yep sarcastic.

Neither am I but I'm not predispose to think Chinese people incapable of freewill that's all.

Freewill starts from the top and then trickle down, unless PRC can endorse freewill for peaceful protest at least, dont see it happening.

It must be easy to say how stupid the people protesting in China, when your all cosy in a democratic Canada.

Talk about being a hypocrite.

Guess you missed the comments by all of the members here living in different parts of China and links to Chinese BBS boards where people are laughing at Wang Dan.

I was referring to CCTV coverage of the protests in Tahrir Square... Thanks for the links though...

you are right... I don't read Chinese media primarily because of my lack of trust on regulated news.

I consume the same news you do, and if you're so uncritical as to think you are getting the objective truth, because it's "unregulated", you end up deceiving yourself.

(btw I don't read any Chinese news source and I don't read Xinhua, people's daily etc)

(btw I don't read any Chinese news source and I don't read Xinhua, people's daily etc)

I read local HK news sources, and I also read a lot of Western media. CNN, BBC, the Economist, Financial times, etc.

Recently I have been reading a lot of mainland Chinese media as well. People who accuse state media of being propaganda, are usually the ones who have never read it in a regular manner.

Basically, I get my news from a large variety of sources.

Back
Top Bottom