What's new

Arrests as China web users call for revolution

If most Chinese think this is just tomfoolery, then it will die. But if that's not the case, things will flare up. It is a myth that external support can prop up a revolution for long. The defensiveness comes from several Chinese members' claims that some sort of foreign hand is involved in everything. Perhaps, some richer Chinese sitting in HK want this revolution. But, I too dont see how revolutions can happen in a State that is increasing its prosperity everyday. Unless of course, the prosperity is itself a trick to fool the world...we have seen the erstwhile Soviets trying to do that. So, there is some apprehension about how Communist regimes work. Chinese CCP already knows that democracy works well (HK SAR and Macau SAR and neighboring Taiwan) and has lifted millions to prosperity. So, I would be interested to see why they would be reluctant to promote more democracy. Who's got to lose?

If most Chinese think this is just tomfoolery, then it will die. But if that's not the case, things will flare up. It is a myth that external support can prop up a revolution for long. The defensiveness comes from several Chinese members' claims that some sort of foreign hand is involved in everything. Perhaps, some richer Chinese sitting in HK want this revolution. But, I too dont see how revolutions can happen in a State that is increasing its prosperity everyday. Unless of course, the prosperity is itself a trick to fool the world...we have seen the erstwhile Soviets trying to do that. So, there is some apprehension about how Communist regimes work. Chinese CCP already knows that democracy works well (HK SAR and Macau SAR and neighboring Taiwan) and has lifted millions to prosperity. So, I would be interested to see why they would be reluctant to promote more democracy. Who's got to lose?

In this case, foreign involvement is a fact. Just read any report you'll find the call for protests originated from Boxun.com (which is an American website) and democracy activists who's known to be on the U.S payroll (like Wang Dan) coming out in support for it.

In this case, foreign involvement is a fact. Just read any report you'll find the call for protests originated from Boxun.com (which is an American website) and democracy activists who's known to be on the U.S payroll (like Wang Dan) coming out in support for it.

Impossible, the American government would never fund the subversion of a legitimate government.

The difference between China and nations like Egypt, is that China is quick to tame its people, and stoping it from boiling over and get really bad.

China can identify the main people and prison them easily compared to the middle east

The difference between China and nations like Egypt, is that China is quick to tame its people, and stoping it from boiling over and get really bad.

China can identify the main people and prison them easily compared to the middle east.

---------- Post added at 02:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 AM ----------

No need to shout at the screen, calm down.

You're really smart.

China can identify the main people and prison them easily compared to the middle east

I do not know what chinese are good at. The only thing I know, is Xinhua's coverage of Egypt is border-line comical.

I do not know what chinese are good at. The only thing I know, is Xinhua's coverage of Egypt is border-line comical.

I doubt it even got any coverage except for a ticker at the bottom of the screen.

Its human instinct mate, for a average person to "want" as much freedom.

But as well its natural for people with power to regain the power and do what it can to not lose the ability to call the shots, here you see is a cat and mouse game. In this case the media, government personnal such as police are certainly doing a good job in retaining the power.

What Im saying is not every single Chinese citizen hate the PRC, but its natural for people to want choice and freedom and effectively do what they want to do.

Chinese CCP already knows that democracy works well (HK SAR and Macau SAR and neighboring Taiwan) and has lifted millions to prosperity.

Hong Kong is not a democracy, and Hong Kong have never been a democracy.

Sure, we can vote in multi-party elections... however we have never been able to elect our own leaders, and we do not have universal suffrage.

Our leaders are appointed, not elected.

Back
Top Bottom