What's new

Arranged Marriages vs. Girlfriend/Boyfriend western culture

I still think it's a lot healthier to be able to date independently. Of course every society has its own standards. An arranged marriage would feel very strange to me, I'd definitely want to be able to make my own way.
Of course, everyone has a right to their opinion. Exactly, what may be right for me, may be strange to you.

My parents don't approve of dating, because they know the male can overpower the female and rape her. Which is common in European societies.

I believe in the West it is called "date rape."

Last edited:
Of course, everyone has a right to their opinion. Exactly, what may be right for me, may be strange to you.

My parents don't approve of dating, because they know the male can overpower the female and rape her. Which is common in European societies.

I believe in the West it is called "date rape."

in China there used to be arranged marriages in the 1800's and before. We've done away with that. Most of the time it was not good for both sides, it was too easy to become exploitive. If you're curious read 《呼伦河传》(Tales of Hulun River)by Xiao Hong, written in the 1930's, who describes the life of an arranged bride.

Buddy I went to Pakistan and met this innocent girl when my sister attended the clinic while we were on holiday.I loved her caramel skin and her shyness following that encounter I told my sis to get more info about the girl and that I wanted her to be my wife.My sister gave green light after speaking with her , I got her mobile number from my sis and I came back to the uk.Six months later I went back with my parents and got married with her ,, Everything was fine and got her immigrated to uk with me .
She began to show her real self slowly coming out of her shyness, innocence and her immaturity.She would ask for expensive clothes and food in the restaurants ,travelling and expensive jewellery eg gold bengals .Expensive mobile phones.
She would argue with me and wanted me to spend more time with her away from my own family..we have had children during this time ,I know for sure I always respected women folks never ever had a argument with them.
Well this is the first time a woman was arguing with me most of the time as she had bad attitude (nakera) .
I am still married as I didn’t want my children to feel that it was my fault she has calmed down a bit but still gets me under pressure now and than..
I believe I was destined for this type of woman so just to continue my life for the sake of my children .

The western womenfolk never have any issues as long as you both work and play on the same level.They don’t desire expensive jewels they only need respect and sharing of everything.
In the end every one is different where I grew up in uk I had my education here and never was materialistic , always being down to earth person type..

Warnings guys if you gonna merry a Pakistani girl think twice ..you may not live to tell the story!!!
😂😂😂on the lighter note I love my kids they superb Alhamdillallah .

It is really unfortunate that white western girls are insulted so much.

These women need love and respect and to be honest , they will become excellent partners. Yes , the issue of feminism is there but these women will quickly drop their ideologies once you start making them feel secure with lots of love and respect. West is more or less a godless society ... These women never really understood religion well. Show them the light and they will become incredible partners.

The mode is not important. Compatibility is important. There is no way you can figure out compatibility in a few meetings. The reason arranged marriages (seemingly / allegedly / purportedly) last longer is because the people getting into them tend to be more conservative and care about 'samaj kya sochega' stuff and tolerate problems more and for longer.

End of the day you have to be a good human being, accommodate your spouse's life to a reasonable extent, shun materialism and have at least a few common goals.

I have been active in the dating scene some have been beneficial and others not but mann do we lose our values when we live overseas or born overseas etc etc or grow up overseas from young age.

Your heroes of the "Islamic" Emirate of Afghanistan will probably arrange for stoning of the females you dated.

My Shaadi will be arranged by my Ammi. :P
Be good or she will mess you up bad and big time...May be a Nigerian mama....who is into WWF looool
Not in the civilized world.
Its civilised when your sister will have been used like a p_orn star by 35 men b4 she finds the poor bastard who will marry her. Good call. Civilisation rules. Nice

AOA Dear all,

Being a Muslim i thought what Islam has taught us the right way of Nikkah is not implemented anywhere and also due to our current culture and values which we have adopted over a period of time from other non-muslim cultures we don't except true islam by heart. This is where the true mistake lies...

Rather we all give excuses...

Remember "This world is a exam and this world is neither perfect nor ideal, we are here for very very limited time and eventually we all gonna die one day. Its inevitable"

So we must obey Islam as it is as it ordered us. Success lies in this

Islam says do marry as soon as you are adult...
Islam allow us 1-4 marries and of course of our own choice
Islam says the best Nikkah is the one with too less expenses

Sadly our system don't allow us easy access to nikkah, There are so many hurdles in making Nikkah

Next generation must consider all this and find the way to implement islam. Truly that is the only way to success

AOA Dear all,

Being a Muslim i thought what Islam has taught us the right way of Nikkah is not implemented anywhere and also due to our current culture and values which we have adopted over a period of time from other non-muslim cultures we don't except true islam by heart. This is where the true mistake lies...

Rather we all give excuses...

Remember "This world is a exam and this world is neither perfect nor ideal, we are here for very very limited time and eventually we all gonna die one day. Its inevitable"

So we must obey Islam as it is as it ordered us. Success lies in this

Islam says do marry as soon as you are adult...
Islam allow us 1-4 marries and of course of our own choice
Islam says the best Nikkah is the one with too less expenses

Sadly our system don't allow us easy access to nikkah, There are so many hurdles in making Nikkah

Next generation must consider all this and find the way to implement islam. Truly that is the only way to success
Well said however,
What Islam says and Muslims do is not the same.
Try marrying more than one. You life is hard with 1 with 2 it will be terrible and with 4 you will wish you were infront of a firing squad.

Talking nice is easy.
Marriages can be good most mostly people just get by.
You are born alone die alone. In-between there is this dance of wife children family. Reality is no one gives a damn

Lets put it a bit more bluntly so that reality become a bit clear for some of ignorant idiots. In the West, their Mothers, and their sisters have BOYFRIENDS who they can bring home any time they like. Obviously a lot of times this results in illegitimate kids. If you think that is ACCEPTABLE TO YOU THEN FINE GO AHEAD. :lol: :lol:

Haram versus Halal.

Take your pick.
Very easy to say...I guess you are 100% halal. Lowered gaze even.

Please don't judge others. Many people see a splint in others eye and don't see a plank in their own.

We are not perfect. At least not me

Arranged marriages are fine as long as the people are compatible; they should be given time to understand each other. If they know each other prior then well and good! It shouldn't be forced as well. Also, NO COUSIN MARRIAGES DAMMIT! The whole debate stems from Muslims making Nikah very hard. Like why do you need your kid to be 35 at least to marry and then have to blurt 20 lac at a wedding? When you make Halal hard, then Haram just seems easy.

I do not find the whole GF/BF thing amusing though; Gen Z loves not being committed and having fun. Anyway each to their own and if people like that route, well good for you!

Back
Top Bottom