What's new

Arranged Marriages: How are promises of a lifetime made in one day? By Sonakshi Srivastava Publishe

Personally love before marriage is stupid.

Arranged marriages are the way to go.

Islamic marriages are the way to go.

Dating and friendship before marriage, thats all nonsense.

You mean personal choice is stupid.

Question:How are promises of a lifetime made in one day?

Answer: Because those promises made in one day manage to last a life time!!

Just compare the divorce ratio in love vs arrange marriages, easier still, compare the divorce ratio in UK (mostly love marriages) with that of Pakistan (Mostly arranged)

You're playing a fools game here.

We all know why the divorce ratio between the west and subcontinent is so screwed. It's because of the stigmatization of the concept of divorce over here. Ask yourself how many people have you seen who are sick of their spouse but only keep up because "log kya kahain gay". Marriage over here is less the union of two people and more the union of entire family trees.

We all know why the divorce ratio between the west and subcontinent is so screwed. It's because of the stigmatization of the concept of divorce over here. Ask yourself how many people have you seen who are sick of their spouse but only keep up because "log kya kahain gay". Marriage over here is less the union of two people and more the union of entire family trees.
Compare the statistics of one single country then and you will get your answer.

As for the question you have asked, NONE! Honestly NO ONE!

Let me begin with what I have witnessed within my family and among close friends.

Both of my sisters, two of my brothers and most of my friends had arranged marriages; seeing their prospective life partners only a couple of times in front of everyone, all of them had successful marriages. Only two of my friend’s marriages ended in divorce. One married his first cousin; neither of them liked each other but could not refuse because their mothers were sisters. The girl had an outgoing vivacious personality and expected her husband to take her out in the evenings, while the husband, an engineer working in a sugar mill, expected to be pampered by his wife when he came home tired after 8 hour ‘s work. After nearly 10 years of unhappy life and a couple of kids they divorced.

The other was a love marriage; the groom’s father had a heart attack and admitted to the Ganga Ram Hospital of Lahore. There he met a young female doctor and fell in love. They married despite opposition from both the families but divorced after 15 years. Understand the reason was that when the kids became teenagers and the wife had time on her hands; she wanted to continue her medical career but the husband disagreed. They divorced and the lady opened up her own medical practice.

One of my brothers and my nephew married their American classmates for love but they are both divorced. My second cousin (father’s cousin) married a Swiss girl whom he met in London; I was at their house yesterday at Osterley, London celebrating their 55th anniversary.

I was advised by my tutor in London to marry the girl not because I wanted to live with her but because I could not live without her. But it did not quite work out that way. I met a cousin of a close friend at the party for my friends first born, we both liked each other and after a few meetings in a group setting, I sent my mother to her house with the proposal. You may call it a semi-love marriage because later I found out the friend had told his aunt about me being an eligible bachelor. The girl attended the birthday party so that she & I could meet. Hopefully, we shall celebrate our golden anniversary in March next year.

In conclusion, I would state that all marriages have their ups & downs because two different individuals are in constant company day in day out. After the initial youthful infatuation wears out, the success of the marriage, whether arranged /or of their own choice, depends largely on how much the husband & wife are willing to compromise to keep the marriage going.

Last edited:
Let me begin with what I have witnessed within my family and among close friends.

Both of my sisters, two of my brothers and most of my friends had arranged marriages; seeing their prospective life partners only a couple of times in front of everyone, all of them had successful marriages. Only two of my friend’s marriages ended in divorce. One married his first cousin; neither of them liked each other but could not refuse because their mothers were sisters. The girl had an outgoing vivacious personality and expected her husband to take her out in the evenings, while the husband, an engineer working in a sugar mill, expected to be pampered by his wife when he came home tired after 8 hour ‘s work. After nearly 10 years of unhappy life and a couple of kids they divorced.

The other was a love marriage; the groom’s father had a heart attack and admitted to the Ganga Ram Hospital of Lahore. There he met a young female doctor and fell in love. They married despite opposition from both the families but divorced after 15 years. Understand the reason was that when the kids became teenagers and the wife had time on her hands; she wanted to continue her medical career but the husband disagreed. They divorced and the lady opened up her own medical practice.

One of my brothers and my nephew married their American classmates for love but they are both divorced. My second cousin (father’s cousin) married a Swiss girl whom he met in London; I was at their house yesterday at Osterley, London celebrating their 55th anniversary.

I was advised by my tutor in London to marry the girl not because I wanted to live with her but because I could not live without her. But it did not quite work out that way. I met a cousin of a close friend at the party for my friends first born, we both liked each other and after a few meetings in a group setting, I sent my mother to her house with the proposal. You may call it a semi-love marriage because later I found out the friend had told his aunt of me being an eligible bachelor. The girl attended the birthday party so that she & I could meet. Hopefully, we shall celebrate our golden anniversary in March next year.

In conclusion, I would state that all marriages have their ups & downs because two different individuals are in constant company day in day out. After the initial youthful infatuation wears out, the success of the marriage, whether arranged /or of their own choice, depends largely on how much the husband & wife are willing to compromise to keep the marriage going.

apkey jazbaat ki qadar Niaz Sahab per yahan to log pinjrey me band karke kehte hai shadi hogayi

Nothing wrong with arranged marriages. It is very very common across most cultures.
The notion of love marriage is rubbish; love one day, divorce next; this is like drinking various flavours of soda.
What i would like to see is statistics in comparison. It is a baseless discussion because trend now is just to live in without any ties.
Just highlighting silliness of this article. Accept there are general trends. While one works for one it may not work for the other.

Arrange marriage is a sick idea .

It is not a sick idea. While sure one can argue that our divorce rates are skewed due to divorce stigmatization, I'd say that they do work most of the time. Most outlast love marriages.

What you could say is that it's a bit of a stupid idea. Because arrange marriage is less the union of two people and more like a marriage of two families. Furthermore how exactly can someone else choose something thats not theirs to choose. Your parents might be a able to buy a good gift but only you can buy yourself what you really want. And third ofcourse is the buildup to the whole thing. Besides maybe Saudi Arab and Afghanistan I'd say we're the most gender segregated country in the world. It's taboo to even have a friendly conversation with the opposite sex but one day you're expected to screw a complete stranger.

depends largely on how much the husband & wife are willing to compromise to keep the marriage going.

I know plenty of women and some men that would separate if they had the option, Circumstances and Options affect people choices. Life is a wait till death, do not make harder for yourself and others around you. I pray for a painless death as well as painless journey.

You mean personal choice is stupid.

Shut up false flagger.

There is personal choice in Islamic marriage.

There is personal choice in arranged marriage.

Grow up!

Shut up false flagger.

There is personal choice in Islamic marriage.

There is personal choice in arranged marriage.

Grow up!

Kafiron kay ghar may rehnay waloun nay humain hee kafir bana diya. Oh well no surprise here.

Well if you say there's a choice in arramarr marriage it means the idea of preferences comes in. Preferences are based on likes and dislikes. So by preferring someone it means you like them. So that should mean arrange marriage with a choice is pretty much love marr...... DAMN YOU FALSE FLAGGER ENDIAN LIBTARD YAHOODI.

Nothing wrong with either love marriage or arranged (not forced) marriage. What matters is being happy afterwards.

Kafiron kay ghar may rehnay waloun nay humain hee kafir bana diya. Oh well no surprise here.

Well if you say there's a choice in arramarr marriage it means the idea of preferences comes in. Preferences are based on likes and dislikes. So by preferring someone it means you like them. So that should mean arrange marriage with a choice is pretty much love marr...... DAMN YOU FALSE FLAGGER ****** LIBTARD YAHOODI.
Choosing does not equate to love you retard.

There is choosing in arranged marriage.

Arranged marriage is far superior to dating and whatever friendship before marriage garbage.

Alright Who pissed the Amish Boy off.

Who was it

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom