What's new

Army officers clashed with jawans in Ladakh

We must have the highest standards and we do. It's the Indian Army.

I wouldn't give a flying f*uck if it were any other army in the world.

But this is about my army.

we do have the highest standards. But the basic thing is money does matter too. I am sure this was basically because of xyz allowances pending on the table.

Zeenews Bureau

New Delhi: Putting a serious question mark on its image as disciplined force, Army officers of a regiment posted at a forward base in Ladakh clashed with jawans over some trivial issue.

Sources told Zee News, Friday, officers of the 226 Field Regiment posted at Nyoma in eastern Ladakh, 150 km from Leh, were involved in a scuffle with jawans of the same unit after a jawan refused to obey orders by superiors yesterday evening.

Some jawans are said to have suffered injuries.

Commenting on the situation, Army headquarters said that, "Due to some administrative reasons, there was a scuffle in an artillery unit during field firing. The incident is under investigation and necessary action will be taken.

Nyoma is a strategic post located just 40 kilometres from the Chinese border.

The Indian Air Force had reactivated an Advanced Landing Ground in 2009 at Nyoma, underlying its importance in security structure of the country.

The reported clash, as per some sources serious in nature, is a cause of concern as units posted at forward bases have to maintain high level of vigil and if they lack discipline then it surely would be a cause of concern for the Army establishment.

its 'trivial' issue.. it happens everywhere ... co-workers always argue with each other at some pint but in the end it a no issue..
it happens in everywhere.. the difference is 'where' it can be reported and where not.. [i.e such news are suppressed]
very pathetic post..

we do have the highest standards. But the basic thing is money does matter too. I am sure this was basically because of xyz allowances pending on the table.

Can't be.

Rules of renumeration etc. are the same for all in the Army.

Why these officers?

Why these troops?

Why this one incident?

Come on this one incident is not at all reflective of the IA as a whole. A set of unique circumstances could have been present which we are not aware of- clearly the exception and nor the rule.

We must have the highest standards and we do. It's the Indian Army.

I wouldn't give a flying f*uck if it were any other army in the world.

But this is about my army.

After reading some of the comments here, I am shocked at the naivete of these posters. Obviously, most members here have never ever set foot in a Military environment let alone trained by any of the Military services. As a former officer from Pakistan Air Force, I can tell you that this is a very serious matter. A physical altercation between the officers and enlisted men is unthinkable worst case scenario. That means a total breakdown of Military decorum and discipline. You cannot operate as a Military unit under such an environment. After this scuffle how will you ever get the enlisted men to follow orders from their officers ?

I am sure Indian army will set up an example by punishing the guilty to the maximum punishment. This is not Politics. This is military environment and military is not a democracy. In Military you either give orders or follow orders, no ands ifs or buts.

If a Jawan has no respect of the Officer its usually of reasons

1) Officer care no about the lives of who he/she leads
2) Officer is just a snob idiot

It is the responsibility of the Officer to show that he/she can lead men in a fight, and will die shoulder to shoulder with them.

Respect is Earned not given.

Sure, the army would do its best to sought out issues.

For enlisted men and officers - who are supposed to be gentlemen to get into a physical altercation, points to a serious dereliction of duty, experience informs that matters like this, bubble under the surface for a long time before they boil over into the physical arena.

Can't be.

Rules of renumeration etc. are the same for all in the Army.

Why these officers?

Why these troops?

Why this one incident?

arre bhai we are not in a state of war right now. Apart from patrolling and defending the borders these officers and low ranks work in a normal office environment with pen and paper like civilians. golia bhi chal jati hai you don't know this. It is just like a peon arguing with SO admin. for his costume allowance to get it on time.

you have to change the whole system and functioning of Govt. to make it perfect.

Thəorətic Muslim;2925198 said:
If a Jawan has no respect of the Officer its usually of reasons

1) Officer care no about the lives of who he/she leads
2) Officer is just a snob idiot

It is the responsibility of the Officer to show that he/she can lead men in a fight, and will die shoulder to shoulder with them.

Respect is Earned not given.

both of the points are wrong. There is an immense unity in Indian Army. Quarrels do happen in the administration due to 101 reasons except the above ones.

The problem lies deeper than you guys think.....

A lower ranked official won't risk everything and go against a higher ranked official unless there is enough reason(especially in a strict and disciplinary organization like the ARMY--where the consequence of such an action could be severe)

Though this one incident is ofcourse not reflective of the IA as a whole.......and I don't know what exactly caused this incident...

But tell me, why the allowances/salaries of the lower strata of the govt. employees has to be pending always.....

Look at AI pilot strike....they are striking for non-payment month after month....but the top brass is getting paid duly......
This is the irony.....the people(from the management) who are responsible for dragging AI into a position where it is unable to pay its own staff...are getting paid duly.....but those who are responsible for doing the real hard work(the Pilots and ground-staffs) are not getting their due payment.....

The top-brass of all govt. institutions are engaged in extensive corruption(the Army is no exception).......exempting the lower strata from their dues........

The problem lies deeper than you guys think.....

A lower ranked official won't risk everything and go against a higher ranked official unless there is enough reason(especially in a strict and disciplinary organization like the ARMY--where the consequence of such an action could be severe)

You are mixing things here.Everyone in the Army gets their salary on time.The situation is not like AI here.

Though this one incident is ofcourse not reflective of the IA as a whole.......and I don't know what exactly caused this incident...

But tell me, why the allowances/salaries of the lower strata of the govt. employees has to be pending always.....

Look at AI pilot strike....they are striking for non-payment month after month....but the top brass is getting paid duly......
This is the irony.....the people(from the management) who are responsible for dragging AI into a position where it is unable to pay its own staff...are getting paid duly.....but those who are responsible for doing the real hard work(the Pilots and ground-staffs) are not getting their due payment.....

The top-brass of all govt. institutions are engaged in extensive corruption(the Army is no exception).......exempting the lower strata from their dues........

You are mixing things here.Everyone gets their salary on time in the IA and the situation is not like AI.

the reason might be
(1) Officers are over smart, they do not have feelings for the soldiers and behave like they are masters and soldiars are servants. unnecessary harassing turns to the same.
(2) soldiars are not follow the discipline. or due to social problem. like one soldiar told me that, he was kept at the kasmir and now his wife is living at the UP. he is only given a month to go his home. and called back before month is over.

TOday the soldiars are not rigidly or extreme discipline that if officer say die and they do so without any sence. and now its require to balance between the discipline and needs of soldiars. no need unnecessary harrasment on name of the discipline or even to permit no discipline.

think so.

The soldiers of IA get 2-3 months of leave each year and they even get Army quaters in Cantonments.

both of the points are wrong. There is an immense unity in Indian Army. Quarrels do happen in the administration due to 101 reasons except the above ones.

Would you have respect for an Officer who doesnt care about your life?
An Officer can't be a snob idiot?

Or you think because its the Indian Army such scenarios is impossible?

An Officer LEADS, they should portray themselves as the best of the best in profession and manners.

Thəorətic Muslim;2925377 said:
Would you have respect for an Officer who doesnt care about your life?
An Officer can't be a snob idiot?

Or you think because its the Indian Army such scenarios is impossible?

An Officer LEADS, they should portray themselves as the best of the best in profession and manners.

We have a 1.1 million strong Army which is a vast number.Such things happen thats how humans are.There are conflicts everywhere.It happens in school,colleges,companies etc then why cant it happen in the Army..are they not humans?

I am not saying what happened is right and a court of inquiry needs to be ordered and the guilty be punished.

Army orders probe into officers-jawans scuffle

The Army on Friday ordered a Court of Inquiry into a scuffle that broke out between officers and jawans in Ladakh.

“The situation is under control and a Court of Inquiry has been ordered into the incident,” Army spokesperson Col. Jagdeep Dahiya said in New Delhi.

The inquiry order came after the Defence Ministry sought a report from the Army on the incident that took place on Thursday night.

“A minor scuffle took place between the officers and the troops of a unit on the night of 10-11 May in Ladakh”, he said, adding “a few minor injuries were suffered by the personnel”.

The incident took place at Nyoma — 150 km from Leh town, on Thursday evening

The Hindu : News / National : Army orders probe into officers-jawans scuffle

Back
Top Bottom