What's new

Army Heli Crashes in Multan

BrAFRhvCQAEA7Ab.jpg:large

Look right on his shoulder , he is Cobra pilot.

Pakistan has a limited and rather old fleet of Cobra's that it is somehow managing to keep flight-worthy despite extensive "use and abuse" during operations in FATA and Balochistan. Given the age of the fleet and the combat flight hours racked up, it is a testament to the hard work of the technicians responsible for maintaining these machines that we have not seen significantly more crashes.

Take a look at this summary of (the muich better funded) ISAF aircraft crashes for example:

List of aviation accidents and incidents in the War in Afghanistan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

welcome back Agno ....long time no see....

RIP. First old dying Mirage & now this, there is no reason left to keep the dying fleet of Cobras. PA should had first gone for MI 28, to replace the old dying cobra fleet. Now PA will have to act & replace them ASAP.

Captain Murtaza wanted to be in the army since he was a young boy. I remember him doing little "drills" since he was 10 years old. His passion for Pakistan and the serving the Nation was contagious. Married recently in February. I salute these brave soldiers, and hope that all of us can rise to the occasion and do our part in saving Pakistan. May their souls rest in eternal peace. Ameen

إِنَّا لِلّهِ وَإِنَّـا إِلَيْهِ رَاجِعونَ‎

Hi,

This base is right close to my house in multan---it is 5 minute walk to the runway fence / boundary. When I was there in march the choppers were flying in and out all day long.

The chopper coming down in dust storm is tower problem---should have never allowed for the take off. In multan---when the dust storm is coming---you can literally see it coming from far---there is no surprise---.

Hi,

This base is right close to my house in multan---it is 5 minute walk to the runway fence / boundary. When I was there in march the choppers were flying in and out all day long.

The chopper coming down in dust storm is tower problem---should have never allowed for the take off. In multan---when the dust storm is coming---you can literally see it coming from far---there is no surprise---.
you are a khan and living in multan :o:

Multan has lots of diversity--- lots of pathans settlers around multan---a lots of balochis----muhajjirs as well urdu speaking---amongst the locals---. But the name is just a 'screen' name.

Hi,

According to reports, it was involved in night training practice, after it took-off, a severe storm kicked up covering the area in pitch black, as the chopper was attempting to land back, the sad accident occurred.
Multan is apparently notorious for red dust storms.

Funeral prayers of martyred pilots offered in Multan

multan-army-helicoptor-crash-pilot-funeral-two_6-26-2014_151966_l.jpg

MULTAN: The funeral prayers of the two pilots, who were martyred on Wednesday when an army helicopter crashed in Multan, were offered here on Thursday morning, Geo News reported.

The prayers for pilot and co-pilot, Major Yasir and Captain Murtaza, were said at the Army ground near Multan airport today morning. The funeral prayers were attended by the Army Aviation officials.

After the funeral, the body of deceased Major Yasir was sent to his ancestral area of Jhang while Captain Murtaza to Lahore where the burial would take place.

An army aviation helicopter crashed on the runway of Multan Airport due to a technical fault, killing pilot Major Yasir and co- pilot Captain Murtaza on the spot. Some media

Some reports suggested that the reason of crash was windstorm. The helicopter was on a regular night training mission when the accident occurred.

Funeral prayers of martyred pilots offered in Multan - thenews.com.pk

إِنَّا لِلّهِ وَإِنَّـا إِلَيْهِ رَاجِعونَ‎

Back
Top Bottom