What's new

Army Heli Crashes in Multan

how is it possible --- lack of weather information? -- nahhh --- khair i heard so -- let the ISPR confirm

If there are fast moving or strong thunderstorms in the vicinity, shouldn't that information be made available to aircraft flying or landing in that area? IF the thunderstorm caused the crash, like you said.

Very sad incident :(

upload_2014-6-26_0-21-46.png

I would not fly on a clear day near Multan and certainly not Jang...

Why???:what:

If there are fast moving or strong thunderstorms in the vicinity, shouldn't that information be made available to aircraft flying or landing in that area? IF the thunderstorm caused the crash, like you said.

it must have been --- ofcourse --- as devil soul quoted --- it crashed on 'run way' -- but it's not what you call lack of information.

anyhow lets see what the real cause was.

In multan, the weather is like a jumping rabbit, very unpredictable winds

I remember my father recounting tales of the adverse weather.

it must have been --- ofcourse --- as devil soul quoted --- it crashed on 'run way' -- but it's not what you call lack of information.

anyhow lets see what the real cause was.

If the crash report is ever released, we shall know.

In multan, the weather is like a jumping rabbit, very unpredictable winds

I remember my father recounting tales of the adverse weather.

Helicopters are specially vulnerable at low altitudes in hot weather.

It was result of a high Gale here in Multan. May their soul rest in peace

RIP and condolences to the soldier's family.

إِنَّا لِلّهِ وَإِنَّـا إِلَيْهِ رَاجِعونَ

Think not of those who are slain in Allah's way as dead. Nay, they live, finding their sustenance in the presence of their Lord; They rejoice in the bounty provided by Allah: And with regard to those left behind, who have not yet joined them (in their bliss), the Shuhada's [martyrs'] glory is in the fact that on them is no fear, nor have they (cause to) grieve.

—Qur'an, Sura 3 (Al-i-Imran), Ayat 169 – 170

if it crashed right after takeoff on runway, it could be because of water in the fuel.
My teacher had the same problem...

The physics behind helicopter flight are amazingly simple considering how complex those machines are.

A severe pocket of unstable air in a storm can render the best pilot flying the safest helo helpless.

إِنَّا لِلّهِ وَإِنَّـا إِلَيْهِ رَاجِعونَ‎

rest in peace

The physics behind helicopter flight are amazingly simple considering how complex those machines are.

A severe pocket of unstable air in a storm can render the best pilot flying the safest helo helpless.

Which is exactly why current weather information is so critical.

Or rather the lack of current weather information?
how is it possible --- lack of weather information? -- nahhh --- khair i heard so -- let the ISPR confirm
Pakistan has a limited and rather old fleet of Cobra's that it is somehow managing to keep flight-worthy despite extensive "use and abuse" during operations in FATA and Balochistan. Given the age of the fleet and the combat flight hours racked up, it is a testament to the hard work of the technicians responsible for maintaining these machines that we have not seen significantly more crashes.

Take a look at this summary of (the muich better funded) ISAF aircraft crashes for example:

List of aviation accidents and incidents in the War in Afghanistan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Back
Top Bottom