What's new

Army chief to grind India in US

Nawaz_Sharif_Raheel_Sharif.jpg

ISLAMABAD: Army Chief General Raheel Sharif in his upcoming US visit will take a tough stance against India, especially over the issue of New Delhi’s fanning terrorism in Pakistan, it has been learnt. The civilian and military leadership took this decision yesterday during a high-level meeting on security situation of the country and implementation of National Action Plan against terrorism, sources aware of the deliberations informed the meeting.

The meeting, chaired by Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif and attended by his key cabinet members, was also attended by the high ups of military and security agencies. The participants expressed satisfaction over the positive results coming out as a result of NAP implementation and it was their unanimous view that government and state institutions must remain focused on rooting out militancy from the society.

About the upcoming US visit of army chief, the meeting decided that General Raheel Sharif would toe the line taken by Prime Minister Nawaz during his visit to US last month where he had forcefully pleaded the case of Pakistan and also taken US authorities into confidence on the Indian interference in the internal affairs of Pakistan. In the current regional security context as well as Pakistan’s own efforts to curb terrorism and extremism in the country, the army chief’s visit – his second visit to the US in a short span of six months – has acquired special significance.

Before Premier Nawaz Sharif’s visit, ISI DG Lieutenant General Rizwan Akhtar had also visited the US and on his return he had given briefing to PM on his negotiations with the US authorities for which Prime Minister had to delay his departure for US for a few hours. Sources informed The Nation that army chief in US would also present country’s policy toward Afghanistan, the role Pak Army was playing in war on terror and the difficulties Islamabad is facing in managing all these things, especially in the face of Indian interference in the internal affairs of Pakistan, the proofs of which prime minister had handed over to UN Secretary General as well.

During the PM House meeting, General Raheel Sharif informed the participants about the targets army had achieved during the ongoing operation against militants. He also informed about the progress on the rehabilitation of the IDPs to their homes. According to the data presented in the meeting, the majority of the displaced persons have settled down in their homes in the areas cleared from militants. The second phase of operation Zerb-i-Azb aimed at purging the settled areas of militants is in progress and it was agreed upon in the meeting that the operation should be geared up and taken to its logical conclusion.

Expressing satisfaction over the outcome of the ongoing targeted operation against militants and criminal elements in Karachi, Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif made it loud and clear that no compromise on the operation would be made and they would return peace and tranquility to the port city for which it was known. Nawaz expressed his satisfaction over marked improvement in the law and order situation in the country particularly after the launching of Zarb e Azb. He said the terrorists have been defeated and vowed that the war against terrorism would go on till the last militant was eliminated. He lauded the sacrifices rendered by Pakistan Army and other law enforcement agencies and said the nation salutes them for their sacrifices and achievements.

How N League MPA Mian Javed is Barking Against Pak Army

کسی وردی والے نے آنکھ اٹھا کر دیکھا اور شلوار گیلی کر دیں گے،جاوید لطیف کے آرمی کے خلاف بیان

Mian Javed Latif PML N MNA speech against Army for polling day in local body elections Sheikhupura
Mian Javed Latif PML N MNA speech against Army for polling day in local body elections Sheikhupura
ZEMTV.COM

I am just an observer enjoying the festive cheer. Don't have any use for either shorts or rockets, instead prefer the Diyas which are pure and innocent in their own way.

Fiat lux or as they say let there be light.

That could be interpreted to mean....oh, never mind.

More than 1/3rd of the world's poorest starving people live
Hhehe. If I had the necessary posd count then I would have told you why your nation I'd regarded as failed state and what is the condition of hunger and poor in Pakistan which even exceeds india.
Can anyone on my behalf show this person the real state of affairs and its condition on poor and hunger front.

Hhehe. If I had the necessary posd count then I would have told you why your nation I'd regarded as failed state and what is the condition of hunger and poor in Pakistan which even exceeds india.
Can anyone on my behalf show this person the real state of affairs and its condition on poor and hunger front.

Oh really, I can show you the real state of affairs my friend. Your starving population is actually compared with starving African countries, no need to compare it with Pakistan. Here is what UN says.
"Indian poverty levels are much higher than those in Pakistan" Indian poverty levels higher than Pakistan's, says UN report - Telegraph

Oh really, I can show you the real state of affairs my friend. Your starving population is actually compared with starving African countries, no need to compare it with Pakistan. Here is what UN says.
"Indian poverty levels are much higher than those in Pakistan" Indian poverty levels higher than Pakistan's, says UN report - Telegraph

u r making arse 4 urself. no need 2 make stupid points when arguing

y is the media making such a big fanfare when nothing happen yet ? if coas comes back with no result like pm then indian will mock pakistan and say we waste time. coas shld go in 2 do the work and if work is done then make big media statement

No need, believe me.

u r making arse 4 urself. no need 2 make stupid points when arguing

y is the media making such a big fanfare when nothing happen yet ? if coas comes back with no result like pm then indian will mock pakistan and say we waste time. coas shld go in 2 do the work and if work is done then make big media statement

A possible explanation could be that the person posting is stupid.

Nawaz_Sharif_Raheel_Sharif.jpg

ISLAMABAD: Army Chief General Raheel Sharif in his upcoming US visit will take a tough stance against India, especially over the issue of New Delhi’s fanning terrorism in Pakistan, it has been learnt. The civilian and military leadership took this decision yesterday during a high-level meeting on security situation of the country and implementation of National Action Plan against terrorism, sources aware of the deliberations informed the meeting.

The meeting, chaired by Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif and attended by his key cabinet members, was also attended by the high ups of military and security agencies. The participants expressed satisfaction over the positive results coming out as a result of NAP implementation and it was their unanimous view that government and state institutions must remain focused on rooting out militancy from the society.

About the upcoming US visit of army chief, the meeting decided that General Raheel Sharif would toe the line taken by Prime Minister Nawaz during his visit to US last month where he had forcefully pleaded the case of Pakistan and also taken US authorities into confidence on the Indian interference in the internal affairs of Pakistan. In the current regional security context as well as Pakistan’s own efforts to curb terrorism and extremism in the country, the army chief’s visit – his second visit to the US in a short span of six months – has acquired special significance.

Before Premier Nawaz Sharif’s visit, ISI DG Lieutenant General Rizwan Akhtar had also visited the US and on his return he had given briefing to PM on his negotiations with the US authorities for which Prime Minister had to delay his departure for US for a few hours. Sources informed The Nation that army chief in US would also present country’s policy toward Afghanistan, the role Pak Army was playing in war on terror and the difficulties Islamabad is facing in managing all these things, especially in the face of Indian interference in the internal affairs of Pakistan, the proofs of which prime minister had handed over to UN Secretary General as well.

During the PM House meeting, General Raheel Sharif informed the participants about the targets army had achieved during the ongoing operation against militants. He also informed about the progress on the rehabilitation of the IDPs to their homes. According to the data presented in the meeting, the majority of the displaced persons have settled down in their homes in the areas cleared from militants. The second phase of operation Zerb-i-Azb aimed at purging the settled areas of militants is in progress and it was agreed upon in the meeting that the operation should be geared up and taken to its logical conclusion.

Expressing satisfaction over the outcome of the ongoing targeted operation against militants and criminal elements in Karachi, Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif made it loud and clear that no compromise on the operation would be made and they would return peace and tranquility to the port city for which it was known. Nawaz expressed his satisfaction over marked improvement in the law and order situation in the country particularly after the launching of Zarb e Azb. He said the terrorists have been defeated and vowed that the war against terrorism would go on till the last militant was eliminated. He lauded the sacrifices rendered by Pakistan Army and other law enforcement agencies and said the nation salutes them for their sacrifices and achievements.

Couple years back, it was all about (Bogeyman) 'BlackWater' or 'CIA' and now its all about 'RAW' or may be somewhat 'NDS'. In short, Pak establishment's propaganda can fool Pakistanis but not the World.

Army Chief General Raheel Sharif in his upcoming US visit will take a tough stance against India, especially over the issue of New Delhi’s fanning terrorism in Pakistan, it has been learnt. The civilian and military leadership took this decision yesterday during a high-level meeting on security situation of the country and implementation of National Action Plan against terrorism, sources aware of the deliberations informed the meeting.

The General can talk as tough as he wants to and make whatever case he makes against India. Of course he has the right to represent his views. Whether he succeeds in initiating any meaningful change in US policies is, however, quite another matter,

About time. India's detrimental policies which have hurt Pakistan deeply must be discussed and relayed to the world. India clearly gets away with some of the most evil stuff ever done by any people. It has been destabilizing the country for generations since 1948. It is bent on weakening Pakistan. I have seen the seeds of division India has sown in my country by supporting MQM mafia and am strongly against their influence in Pakistan

The General can talk as tough as he wants to and make whatever case he makes against India. Of course he has the right to represent his views. Whether he succeeds in initiating any meaningful change in US policies is, however, quite another matter,

That would hardly matter now, what matters is the perception created for domestic consumption and in that regard it was a Job Well Done.

That would hardly matter now, what matters is the perception created for domestic consumption and in that regard it was a Job Well Done.

Of course, playing to the internal gallery is far more important. The concerted marketing effort of the Army's image after the soft coup dharna continues with great success, but only within Pakistan. Nobody else is being fooled, including USA.

Back
Top Bottom