What's new

Army chief to grind India in US

I agree that the term 'grind India' is crass, but it isn't really inaccurate in terms of summing up the intent of the leadership.
Well, All I can say is all the best to the government of Pakistan in it's endeavors. This would be interesting development to watch as Indian government failed miserable to do so against Pakistan even with overwhelming evidences against individuals fromPakistan, without sending it's Army chief anywhere to do so I must add.

So let me depart from the strict context, going by the gist of opening of our conversation, what would be the objective of such disclosure in your opinion. Are there any quantifiable gains as in imposing sanctions, restrictive trade relations, export control laws on engineering/nuclear technology. What according to you would be end result of a successful diplomatic offensive against India via US?

This is what I've referred to before, and people here think "NS is weak and doesn't know diplomacy". In this meeting, it was decided that RS will follow NS's strategy (sorry for the few who think the "military" is running the foreign policy). NS has a strong vision on how to handle India. Including becoming a serious economic challenge starting in the next three years, yet keep things open to the world in terms of the Indian involvement inside Pakistan, and YET, not fight a war, so Pakistani economic growth and CPEC don't get impacted.

NS and RS are a great combo, one has a passive-forceful, business like "nice guy" style, the other one is straight forward and aggressive due to his military training. Combine the two, you cover all aspects!! Good for Pakistan's future growth and success. Good leaders in place, working together for the country, not for their own personal agenda :tup:

This is how a nation is presented to the world. No matter who's idea or strategy it may be, both are using it and showing ONE picture to the world for Pakistan's benefit. The Pakistani members on here, who often show divide between the country and the nation on here, due to their personal and political reasons, should learn from this example right here.
Your childish posts just amuse me. It's Raheel Shareef who is running the show and in this meeting Nawaz was not even allowed to order tea in his own PM house by Army let alone run foreign policy. Either you are way to innocent or in denial. NS has no vision he tried to give one when he became PM third time but in first 6 months he ruined everything and now General Raheel calls all the shorts.

I meant when they retire from army and are civilians. Retired Pakistani Musharraf and Indian Singh are prime example of incompetence.

Then Kayani is a honorable man !
Yes honorable and a man of dignity

What according to you would be end result of a successful diplomatic offensive against India via US?
This is really for media consumption, which is an important part of diplomacy in terms of taking steps to improve Pakistan's image (there is a lot more that can be done and needs to be done of course). Any actual evidence and/or concerns of Indian involvement in terrorism or other destabilizing activities in Pakistan has more than likely already been shared with important foreign governments.

Indian's pull their hair out trying to understand why the US just doesn't sanction, bomb, invade Pakistan over terrorism. It's not just about 'Pakistan being too big to fail', because the US government (and not the legislature, which is susceptible to all sorts of lobbying influences that do not reflect reality) could still restrict military aid to Pakistan while not allowing it to fail.Why do you think the US government is still willing to sell F-16's to Pakistan and even looking at starting negotiations to mainstream her nuclear program, instead of taking the Iran or North Korean route?

It's because when it comes to State's engaging in covert activities destabilizing other States, India's hands are far from clean.

The funny thing is, it actually is........... I don't remember the exact constitutional amendment, however, I've seen it and it's pretty vague........ as it's vague, people have the tendency to bend it to their wishes........ I, myself, and not in favor of such a role, or any role that falls in the domain of civilian leadership, no matter how incompetent, such as Nawaz moron. As in my personal opinion, we should at least keep the facade of a democratic system...........

is that constitutionally legal?

you better keep out of Pakistani politics, don't you have a million issues at home to ponder about?

great to see that shoddy journalism is not just relegated our areas....

Nawaz Sharif is incompetent in ministerial appointments, so Army chief can step in, is that constitutionally legal?

@Hyperion Why did I think of something else when grinding?

What use will this grinding be when the entire US congress has been bought out by Indian lobbyists because we are just too stupid to know how the United States works.

Your childish posts just amuse me. It's Raheel Shareef who is running the show and in this meeting Nawaz was not even allowed to order tea in his own PM house by Army

:yahoo: :rofl: :omghaha: Do you see the picture above? Everyone's sitting in it and "discussing issues". And lower level officers have "hot gossipy news" to run on.

You can remain amused with the "not ordering tea story". That shiit came out of Ali Baba story, and it didn't come from Islamabad :cheers:.

The guy who wrote that little story was one of IK' close friends who had a huge role in negotiating the "sit-in" place with the Islamabad administration last year. He is SO pro IK that tomorrow, he might write that NS caused IK's divorce, just to write stuff against NS. Indian government has more appreciation for the growth NS is bringing to the country and his strategy that the Indian PM and Mr. Duval have had many arguments over it, as Modi wants CPEC stopped and Mr. Ajit hasn't been able to produce jack shiit. BUT....then there are Pakistanis like you, who have NO appreciation for anything your system is going. Open your eyes and see the Sun. By keeping your eyes and mind closed, the Sun doesn't disappear, you are fooling yourself!!

Allow me to bring you back to "the reality", RS has many times said that if the current civilian government wasn't there in 2013, and Pakistan was to go bankrupt, the Army won't be able to pay its 550K soldiers salaries!! Let alone having weapons even READY to fight a war!! Everything runs on money....or juice, which is still purchased through money!!

Someone big in the US said in his statements a couple of times "Gen. Raheel is the first Pakistani general who drinks the "Civil-Cola" (reference to his appreciation for the system that's being run by NS).

And allow me to tell you more, there are predictions already that the next Pakistani government will be from NS's party. And NS won't run for the PM again, we think. And Pakistan is among the handful countries which have started to see the most economy related growth (BRICS + P).

Aside from the headline, what's so shoddy about it?

The reporting refers to an 'intent' on the part of the Pakistani civilian and military leadership to communicate certain Pakistani positions to the US government and military leadership. I doubt anyone disagrees with the description of the 'intent' described here.

Just a case of amusement. In a meeting like this with cabinet colleagues too (not a one to one), does the Army Chief sits side by side with the PM?
I mean like really? In India it would have created a furore

Till the day Pakistan understands the real meaning of 'consultancy firms', lobbyists, and the inner workings of DC, we shall remain where we are stuck till date @ Henry Kissinger's era. The extra ordinary pile of shit that we find ourselves in today, to overcome it, we need to make EVERY politician and general pass an exam on Washington 101! :D

51wKsdKy97L._SX320_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

What use will this grinding be when the entire US congress has been bought out by Indian lobbyists because we are just too stupid to know how the United States works.

you better keep out of Pakistani politics, don't you have a million issues at home to ponder about?
make me.

This is a public forum, and I am neither insinuating anything negative nor am out of regulations here. The medium is at my disposal to discuss any topic available at my will. As far as issues are concerned, home or abroad, it's my prerogative to decide which discern my attention and which don't.

I did too...

:yahoo: :rofl: :omghaha: Do you see the picture above? Everyone's sitting in it and "discussing issues". And lower level officers have "hot gossipy news" to run on.

You can remain amused with the "not ordering tea story". That shiit came out of Ali Baba story, and it didn't come from Islamabad :cheers:.

The guy who wrote that little story was one of IK' close friends who had a huge role in negotiating the "sit-in" place with the Islamabad administration last year. He is SO pro IK that tomorrow, he might write that NS caused IK's divorce, just to write stuff against NS. Indian government has more appreciation for the growth NS is bringing to the country and his strategy that the Indian PM and Mr. Duval have had many arguments over it, as Modi wants CPEC stopped and Mr. Ajit hasn't been able to produce jack shiit. BUT....then there are Pakistanis like you, who have NO appreciation for anything your system is going. Open your eyes and see the Sun. By keeping your eyes and mind closed, the Sun doesn't disappear, you are fooling yourself!!

Allow me to bring you back to "the reality", RS has many times said that if the current civilian government wasn't there in 2013, and Pakistan was to go bankrupt, the Army won't be able to pay its 550K soldiers salaries!! Let alone having weapons even READY to fight a war!! Everything runs on money....or juice, which is still purchased through money!!

Someone big in the US said in his statements a couple of times "Gen. Raheel is the first Pakistani general who drinks the "Civil-Cola" (reference to his appreciation for the system that's being run by NS).

And allow me to tell you more, there are predictions already that the next Pakistani government will be from NS's party. And NS won't run for the PM again, we think. And Pakistan is among the handful countries which have started to see the most economy related growth (BRICS + P).
It happened in this meeting finally no Sir yes they are sitting together and discussing so called issue if from thins you think than Nawaz is running the show than I can only laugh and pray for you. You are way being childish here. Nawaz was allowed to by Army to run the show for first year and the disasters he made which Army knew he would made Raheel took the charge as far as foreign policy is concern and after CPEC at least half of economy is also being run by Army now. Nawaz and his goons are good for nothing only good at putting pressure on Custom guys to get Ayyan case delayed, my relatives are in Army don't tell me How they treat these corrupt politicians even a Major in service has more power than this Shabaz Shareef. Some one big in USA is either lying or giving this statement for consumption of those fools who actually believe this because they are way bigger fools. General Raheel and his Lt General Rizwan are now running the show you want to remain in delusion of so called Nawaz being in power than May ALLAH help you.

It happened in this meeting finally no Sir yes they are sitting together and discussing so called issue if from thins you think than Nawaz is running the show than I can only laugh and pray for you. .

Here's an update for you. General RS is not going to get extended. Second, the only show the Army runs is deployment related....and NS actually keeps them involved. And some of you people that like to highlight Army's successes and glorify it, when it screwed Pakistan over for 6 decades through dictatorship....is silly. If Civilians were ruling Pakistan back then, today, you'd be the top 10th economy with Pakistan looking like Dubai (which it'll now look like by 2025).

Sorry, I hurt your little heart. And you can believe in that "Tea wasn't allowed in the PM house story", anyone hearing this, and using common sense can see and understand it!! But continue on with over glorification of your military. As you'll keep hurting your feeling. The military is OUT of the system as a ruler. I guarantee it. Won't happen. And if any silly general tried it, you'll have millions of people on the street protesting and the military will lose its credibility or this place will become like Syria. So keep the Tank man in the tank and the Civilian on the street. They both have a role to play, when one abuses the other, tension is born. Pakistan is going forward, I don't think you understand what that means...but what that for sure means if that Pakistan need to become a stable, tolerant, peaceful and a military rule free state to grow.

Here's an update for you. General RS is not going to get extended. Second, the only show the Army runs is deployment related....and NS actually keeps them involved. And some of you people that like to highlight Army's successes and glorify it, when it screwed Pakistan over for 6 decades through dictatorship....is silly. If Civilians were ruling Pakistan back then, today, you'd be the top 10th economy with Pakistan looking like Dubai (which it'll now look like by 2025).

Sorry, I hurt your little heart. And you can believe in that "Tea wasn't allowed in the PM house story", anyone hearing this, and using common sense can see and understand it!! But continue on with over glorification of your military. As you'll keep hurting your feeling. The military is OUT of the system as a ruler. I guarantee it. Won't happen. And if any silly general tried it, you'll have millions of people on the street protesting and the military will lose its credibility or this place will become like Syria. So keep the Tank man in the tank and the Civilian on the street. They both have a role to play, when one abuses the other, tension is born. Pakistan is going forward, I don't think you understand what that means...but what that for sure means if that Pakistan need to become a stable, tolerant, peaceful and a military rule free state to grow.
General Raheel himself is not interested other wise Government has offered to increase his tenure to 4 years and all the Army Chiefs coming after him but he has refused. Civilians screwed far more than dictators and also in corruption our politicians made world record in corruption. Yes I can believe that tea thing and it can happen welcome to Pakistan and specially Army power house. They both have the role to play I agree but unfortunately civilians are only busy looting and robbing this country and making stupid policies because of that General Raheel has taken the lead and taken charge.

It is not put to rest since many Pakistanis don't like Pakistani Army General running foriegn policy instead of defending our borders.

Majority of Pakistanis support Army. You are part of a small Minority that objects to Army having a say in this matter.

Back
Top Bottom