What's new

Army chief thanks 35,000 Nepalese soldiers of Indian Army.

Reaction score
Country
India
Press Release
12/02/2017

COAS Gen Bipin Rawat attended the annual conference of Gorkha Regiment on welfare measures in Manekshaw Centre.
Gorkha Regiment is celebrating 200 yrs of it's inception and currently has 35,000 Nepalese soldiers. COAS Gen Bipin Rawat is President of the Regiment and thanked the soldiers and people of Nepal for their service.
-ADGPI

Press Release
12/02/2017

COAS Gen Bipin Rawat attended the annual conference of Gorkha Regiment on welfare measures in Manekshaw Centre.
Gorkha Regiment is celebrating 200 yrs of it's inception and currently has 35,000 Nepalese soldiers. COAS Gen Bipin Rawat is President of the Regiment and thanked the soldiers and people of Nepal for their service.
-ADGPI

Wonderful gesture.

Respecting the contributions of our great friends and brothers from Nepal is very important. It comes however in contradiction to the actions by the Dahal government in Nepal where they for the first time classified Nepalis working in India as 'foreign' employment.

Though in real sense it is correct, but the relation between India and Nepal has been like EU countries among each other - Open Borders.

It is shameful you would say that. They have shed their blood for India.
We might have issues with Nepal's political leaders, but Nepalese in Indian Army have done great service to this Nation.

Full respect to them.
I mean no disrespect to nepalese, I mean its shameful that we employ foreigners.. nothing against nepalese, I like them.

nothing more shameful than being a false flagger !!
bla bla.. you are going to my ignore list..

upload_2017-2-13_20-7-57.png

do Indian soldiers become officers?

Indian, nepali, bhutanese, and tibetians who came to India before 1962 are eligible to join NDA(has all india entrance exam)... an academy where officers are chosen from... (army, navy, airforce).
Indian army also has IMA(Indian military academy).. I guess they will have similar criteria..

do Indian soldiers become officers?

Indian, nepali, bhutanese, and tibetians who came to India before 1962 are eligible to join NDA(has all india entrance exam)... an academy where officers are chosen from... (army, navy, airforce).
Indian army also has IMA(Indian military academy).. I guess they will have similar criteria..
Yes. A normal soldier can become an officer. May be you people haven't seen one, but I know a gorkha who has become an officer after 12 years of service through SCO entry in army.

NOT ONLY ARMY .. but
Except IAS/IPS officer, ( for which A candidates must be citizen of India)

A citizen of India, or

a subject of Nepal, or

a subject of Bhutan, or

a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India

are legible for all Other Services.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom