What's new

Armtec countermeasure co to supply infrared countermeasure flares to Pakistan

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Armtec Countermeasures Co., Coachella, California was awarded a $25,307,185 (25.307 million USD) modification (P00008) to foreign military sales contract W52P1J-15-C-0005 (Pakistan, Romania, UAE, Saudi Arabia) for infrared countermeasure flares.

Work will be performed in Coachella, California, with an estimated completion date of Oct. 31, 2017. Fiscal 2015 and 2016 other procurement funds in the amount of $25,307,185 were obligated at the time of the award. Army Contracting Command, Rock Island Arsenal, Illinois, is the contracting activity.

page_1.jpg

RUSSIA

RUSSIA will be more than happy to share it...

Strange, so much we depends on USA.
Imagine if these fail to work during any conflict in region.
Is it very hi-tech thing which we can't produce ourselves?
I know people who can make better flares and chaffs in Pakistan. In tenders they participated (obviously by some pawwa) and their product outclassed all others. BUT now i read we are getting from US :(

Can't we make these ourselves with support from other friendly countries?
Strange, so much we depends on USA.
Imagine if these fail to work during any conflict in region.
Is it very hi-tech thing which we can't produce ourselves?
I know people who can make better flares and chaffs in Pakistan. In tenders they participated (obviously by some pawwa) and their product outclassed all others. BUT now i read we are getting from US :(

We are already making these since more than 16 years but I think these flares r F-16 specific. @Windjammer might elaborate more.

Just flares , the item burns with proximity temperature of a aircraft engine so it confuses the incoming sensors

It's paid by American not by Pakistan
And American want all the money they give in aid to American company
Tuh ghee gira tuh kheezdi mein lol

PAF nuts build entire jet but forget the chaff flares what a pathetic thinkers we have in airforce

WTF!!!!! $25 million for flares :cheesy: is this 'normal'? Why can't these be made in Pakistan?

Very sad.

PAF nuts build entire jet but forget the chaff flares what a pathetic thinkers we have in airforce

Apparently those PAF nuts are manufacturing these flares since more than 16 years. My own Uncle had been part of the project.

not all the time, these flares emit a certain "temperature of light", which the modern sensors are able to ignore and keep going after the aircraft. but again a lot depends on specific circumstances

Just flares , the item burns with proximity temperature of a aircraft engine so it confuses the incoming sensors

Back
Top Bottom