What's new

Armenia seeks long-range weapons against Turkey and Azerbaijan

foreign meaning Russian, and in worst case scenario -- Iran too (even though Iranians have Azeri/Turk populations)

but for Armenia to be making aggressive designs against a country like Turkiye is pure comedy

Turkish gendarmerie is enough to wipe out the Armenian national forces

Armenia has a russian umbrella over its head..and thats the reason they sometimes overestimate themselves..

foreign meaning Russian, and in worst case scenario -- Iran too (even though Iranians have Azeri/Turk populations)

What leads you to the conclusion that Iran wishes, secretly or overtly, or intends to be militarily involved in any conflict with Turkey, and that too to support/ defend Russia and Armenia? At present, both nations are working together against PJAK/PKK. In fact, mutual relations have improved over what they were previously. Irrespective of military capabilities of both nations and so forth, the Iranian initiative simply isn't present. This is true regardless of Iran's internal ethnic demographics. Iranian Kurds are thought generally to be those who display the greatest resentment for Turkey, but even amongst Iranians Kurds, this remains a minority at it's zenith-- in which case, they hold anti-Iran sentiments at par (for instance PJAK). I am guessing however that this is based entirely on Iran's diplomatic relations with Armenia, but therein again, I fail to see how that correlates as a negation of Turkey. Anyways I await your explanation.

What leads you to the conclusion that Iran wishes, secretly or overtly, or intends to be militarily involved in any conflict with Turkey, and that too to support/ defend Russia and Armenia? At present, both nations are working together against PJAK/PKK. In fact, mutual relations have improved over what they were previously. Irrespective of military capabilities of both nations and so forth, the Iranian initiative simply isn't present. This is true regardless of Iran's internal ethnic demographics. Iranian Kurds are thought generally to be those who display the greatest resentment for Turkey, but even amongst Iranians Kurds, this remains a minority at it's zenith-- in which case, they hold anti-Iran sentiments at par (for instance PJAK). I am guessing however that this is based entirely on Iran's diplomatic relations with Armenia, but therein again, I fail to see how that correlates as a negation of Turkey. Anyways I await your explanation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Turkey does not have close and friendly relations with many of it's neighbors. Azerbaijan could be an exception. Bulgaria remembers Ottoman rule and expelled its Turkish minority few times. Greece and Turkey had wars. Cyprus want Norther Cyprus back and Turkish forces withdrawn. Syria wants Hatay province cede by France to Turkey. Iraq has supported PKK and now its militants are based in Iraq. Iran and Turkey have good relations but still some irritants. Armenia accuses Turkey of killing its Armenian population. Georgia annexed Ajaria province and Meskhetian Turks expelled by Stalin.

I honestly don't really understand what you meant by the "I won't remember" bit.
The crisis in 2001... the situation was just out of control, it was going to be war between Iran and Azerbaijan if we did not get involved

...and all this time I thought Turkey had friendly relations with all its neighbors with the exception of Greece.

We dont have a problem with our neighbours because we got a damn powerful military. Everybody want a piece of us because we are the the successors of Ottoman Empire but they dont dare to move against us themselves. So they support terrorist organisations against us (under the table)

Last edited:
The crisis in 2001... the situation was just out of control, it was going to be war between Iran and Azerbaijan if we did not get involved

The incident was that in July 2001, an Iranian warship and two jets had allegedly forced a research vessel (working for British Petroleum) in the Araz-Alov-Sharg field in the Caspian Sea, a part of which is claimed by Iran. Demarcation of sea boundaries on the Caspian has been a long and contentious issue and I don't see a resolution as far as the near future is concerned. The Azerbaijani media had said that Iranian helicopters had violated their airspace and flew over Astara, in southern Azerbaijan, for over 20 minutes. But there was no serious military confrontation nor the intend for one. So I think your saying that the situation was out of control if not for Turkey's involvement is somewhat of an exaggeration of the fold of events. Also, what later culminated in 2005 between the two was a non-aggression pact that would disallow third countries from using their domains for offensive operations against the other. Iran's relations with Azerbaijan aren't amiable, rather strained and disjointed, from the view of both but neither nation is such that they are on a war footing with Turkey having to be an mediator.

We dont have a problem with our neighbours because we got a damn powerful military. Everybody want a piece of us because we are the the successors of Ottoman Empire but they dont dare to move against us themselves. So they support terrorist organisations against us (under the table)

Saying that one doesn't have a problem with neighbors because they themselves have a potent military force goes to say that countries without a potent military force are those that are in problems with their neighbours.

Well Armenia and Azerbejan can go into war.. Coz their military is mostly balance bt turkey is a Giant for armenia.

It would be a pleasure for Turkish military to counter Armenian forces in East but I think Turkey and Armenian will never go into a debate as long as Armenia do not have a stupid politic/military manouvre against us.

Instead of that, Turkey will arm Azerbaijan with latest generation deadly weapon systems. That's why, The Turkish ministery of national defence, Vecdi Gonul told that Turkey is offering Azerbaijan to join into
-Anka MALE UAV
-Altay MBT
-7.62 infantry rifle
-T-129 Atak and missile programs immediately.

Azerbaijan forces with those weapon system can challange not only Armania, but also Greece as well... :)

Armenia will not attack turkey even they have Russia support..

But Azerbaijan.. bro... it is possible for them to launch further attack in azerbaijan and capture more land, like israeli does :lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom