What's new

Armed Clash Between Burmese Insurgents and Bangladesh Army

But the SKS is very different to fire to most modern weapons (Ak's not included as they are not really modern), why train to shoot with a weapon that may not even be similar to fire to the one who are going to use?

When you learn with the harder one.. it become easier to operate the modern one.. As I said, you need rifles to target practice not a machine gun. Machine gun is used for heavy firing not for specific target... :smokin:

What I want to know is why she is using an SKS, they are completely out of date these days.

Not in India and (correct me)Bangladesh. We dont have a gun culture here. Civilians can have no guns at all(unless they apply for license and go through painful procedures including approval from District level authority (in India)).

So the next level of security still carries age old weapons. The next higher level carries better weapons and so on.

The older weapons are still present and almost everywhere police(with exceptions like anti terrorist squads) carry only these kind of rifles.

So they are in use even today.
One of the reasons why no one confronted the terrorists in Mumbai is this lack of gun culture giving them a free run.

Not in India and (correct me)Bangladesh. We dont have a gun culture here. Civilians can have no guns at all(unless they apply for license and go through painful procedures including approval from District level authority (in India)).

So the next level of security still carries age old weapons. The next higher level carries better weapons and so on.

The older weapons are still present and almost everywhere police(with exceptions like anti terrorist squads) carry only these kind of rifles.

One of the reasons why no one confronted the terrorists in Mumbai is this lack of gun culture giving them a free run.

Hahahahah.. you came to the point... Its very hard to own a gun in BD.. Also if they find you with one without license.. Minimum 14 years plus 7 years for every other bullets....

We had hard time getting rid of 303 from Police but govt was forced to .. when they found out that most of the rifles dont actually fires... and most of them even not testet with live amunition in last one or two decades.... :hitwall:

When you learn with the harder one.. it become easier to operate the modern one.. As I said, you need rifles to target practice not a machine gun. Machine gun is used for heavy firing not for specific target... :smokin:

I grew up on the on the Cadet target rifle and the SA80 when I actually joined the army (the Cadet target rifle I used in the Army Cadets) my experience with the Target rifle really didn't help much when training for the SA80. Apart from the very basics of weapon handling they are completely different weapons in every sense.

No, In Bangladesh, 3 not 3 is completely withdrawn, may be very few now with village defense police (VDP), however even most of most them are now equipped with "Chinese automatics". Armed Police Battalions and Army BGB (ex BDR) have modern handguns.
It is true that in Bangladesh, very few licensed guns with general population, but plenty are there of various models and capacities, only almighty Allah knows from where they are coming. Despite the punishment announced by law, we never found lack of arms and ammunition when two rival groups are in clash. Please don't forget the density of population and our passing a war of independence in 1971, we got now arms and ammos, no matter whether with license or not!
As I have already used the term war of independence, it might be recalled again that our war of independence was not against Pakistani people,who were and are our brothers and sisters and the most closest till date,but against some political conspirators who damaged the both parts of the country since 1947. We have no enmity with our Pakistani brothers and sisters!

Well you just bumped a 2 year old thread, so I wouldn't be surprised if the 303 has been completely withdrawn in these 2 years :lol:

Back
Top Bottom