What's new

Armata - universal attacking machine

There is no "absurd" claim. History can prove it to you. Its public data, wherever the US went, the enemies had "sophisticated" Russian systems. You are more than welcome to see on youtube how from air defense to the TU-70's, 80's and 90's were taken out.

Since when did the US face T-90s? :lol: also just so you know the majority of "sophisticated" Russian tanks from the guld war dated back the the 1940s and 1950s and many were not even Russian but kits built tanks from the Warsaw or Chinese tanks based off old T-54/55s just as important is that Iraq consisted of poorly led and poorly trained forces.

Next, knowing the US military, I can give you my personal assurance that when and if this tank faces the Abraams and the A-10's....their hull be be cracked open like a CocaCola bottle.

Your "personal assurance" has no credibility whatsoever. I can also give my personal assurance that when and if this tank (Abrams) faces the Armata and the SU-25s...."their hull be be cracked open like a CocaCola bottle".

I am giving you my personal assurance as I can't speak for the US government nor do I have access to the "Armata" classified files if there are any. But you should wait for a day and see how right I was. This tank will become a handy name in the history, aka, modernized junk which provided the same result to a barrage of GBU's or other stand off or direct attack munitions!

Okay we believe you. :lol:

also just so you know the majority of "sophisticated" Russian tanks from the guld war dated back the the 1940s and 1950s and many were not even Russian.

Right, we fought the German Sherman tank in both the Iraqi wars. I forgot, I think Hitler was also helping Saddam draw battle plans with his Shermans from like 9 decades ago. There were almost ALL versions of the "T"'s and they were fried like the French fries!!!!Will happen again too

@ptldM3 You are wasting your time.

Please stay out of this otherwise this will become a thread about the millions of minorities killed in India that Indian Govt does not let even Fox (or more appropriately nawa i waqt) to report on.

Right, we fought the German Sherman tank in both the Iraqi wars. I forgot, I think Hitler was also helping Saddam draw battle plans with his Shermans from like 9 decades ago. There were almost ALL versions of the "T"'s and they were fried like the French fries!!!!Will happen again too

Nice attempt to be clever but the Sherman is not German but American. :lol: And no i was not kidding when i said that the Abrams faced many tanks from the 1940s and 1950s or derivatives of them.

Iraqi Type 69 (Chinese) 1982 tank based off Soviet T-54 which dates back to 1946.

Iraqi Type 59 (Chinese) 1949 tank based off Soviet T-54 which dates back to 1946.

T-54 (Soviet) 1946.

And then there were also newer T-72s and some T-62 built from parts kits.

8-Pole.jpg.896x604_q90-300x200.jpg

" Armata " - this is not a tank , and a ground forces combat complex , including guided missiles and a radar system to monitor the space in a radius of 100 km .

Newest tank based on the unified platform armored " Armata " is today one of the most secret projects of the Russian defense industry. Although the first prototype machine was already shown to experts at exhibition in Nizhniy Tagil , its performance characteristics still impossible to find . However, some details of the appearance of " Armata" we have been able to find out . From the information available it can be concluded that this is not a tank in the classic sense , but a universal attacking machine ground troops , equipped with 16 different types of weapons. Including missile system of medium-range guided missiles with independent targeting .

Let's start with the fact that it is the world's first unified platform of modular type for all types of heavy armored vehicles . We are planning to create a main battle tank , a heavy infantry fighting vehicle , tank support combat vehicle , armored recovery vehicle chassis for self-propelled artillery , etc. Unification will greatly enhance the technological viability of ground forces in war and in peacetime provide reduced cost of production equipment by 30-40% without compromising quality. Features of the platform include state secrets category "VC" ( very secretly) , the disclosure of which entails a prison sentence of up to 25 years. So with the permission of the readers I will not talk about them .

As for the tank , then there is really tasty information . Of the design features primarily is - tremendous security crew - it is not in the tower, inside behind the engine in a special sealed capsule that can withstand any projectile shot from either side of the tank. That is like " Armata " nor incited the people in it will stay alive , and to pull them out without their consent is unsolvable problem. Tankers in any case wait for their help , even if they have to wait for the end of the war as such ( unless, of course , it does not last for years ) .

The car will be sold in-line arrangement of all crew are in it - it will allow them to make decisions more quickly . In the " Armata " process of control tower and firing will be automated . Crew will be applied completely different protection technologies : special steel to withstand cumulative projectiles any existing power, the individual elements nonoceramic protection, multilayered armor. According to planned by the developers will also be a new concept of automatic ammunition feed and ejection. Ammunition "Armata" will contain 32 projectile for various purposes, and the tank will be able to conduct aimed fire of 125 mm caliber gun in motion with an accuracy of 0.1 meters.

Some critics argue that " Armata " is a simplified version of the T-95 . Clearly it is not. First, the uniqueness lies in the fact that it is not just a tank and a single combat platform that can carry about 30 sorts of weapons . Claimed by the developer level of unification has no analogues in the world : on the platform " Armata " will be collected in the future not only fighting vehicles , but also command and control machines , machine artillery and missile systems , machinery and equipment of the military defense logistics. Their component parts are interchangeable , which will in the short term repair and maintenance. Second, the " Armata " will shoot both traditional shells of different types ( high-explosive , armor-piercing subcaliber , cumulative ) and guided missile "land - land" with opto- electronic, infrared and satellite guidance, as well as anti-aircraft missiles class " air - land ".

In fact, this is not a tank , and the universal attacking machine of army, which includes a full tactical missile system , anti-aircraft defense system , a complex of military intelligence and target designation and actually tank. It turned out that " Armata " will be equipped with the same radar technology , and that the fifth generation fighter T-50 , which is known for its range and accuracy of detection and capture objectives has no analogues in the world. According to the terms of reference Minpromtorg , " Armata " will receive Ka-band radars ( 26,5-40 GHz ) based on active phased array ( AESA ) made by low-temperature ceramic technology .

AESA consists of a plurality of cells - of microwave transmitters. This antenna is able to quickly change direction location (no mechanical moving "plates" locator ) and has high reliability - the failure of one element does not lead to a significant drop in power and distortion of the ray. This radar will be indispensable in the armor in the decision and defensive and offensive purposes . There are two versions of its applications - part of the fire control system or as a set of active protection . It consists of an antenna that detects the means of destruction , flying up to the tank. AESA determine coordinates and parameters of such a threat , and the tank will destroy these targets . The system is capable of simultaneously "lead" to 40 dynamic and up to 25 aerodynamic targets - completely unattainable figure for all radar , the armament of other armies. The system will control the territory within a radius of 100 kilometers and can automatically destroy targets in the area of up to 0.3 meters .

According to the documents Minpromtorg, machines based on the unified platform track "Armata" should get such devices by 2015.

According to the statement of Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin, tanks on the basis of "Armata" will enter the army in 2014-2015. Development of technology for mass production of electronics locator according to plans of Industry and Trade, will last until early 2016. No contradictions: locator can be set on a ready-made armored vehicles.

The complex of active defense is now undergoing preliminary tests.
Универсальная ударная машина

We want them! :)

The only thing that the T-72 and T-90 have in common is a similar chassis and a similar canon. Yes the T-90 is a further development of the T-72; however, the T-90 has evolved so much that it can not be considered a T-72. The T-90 has improved armor, different turret, a better and longer range gun, improved autoloader, improved engine, ect. T-72 can have a lot of the upgrades from a T-90 including a new turret but then it is only a T-72 in name.

Older T-72's are outdated unless they are upgraded. If we speak of the T-90MS that tank is even more radical and different.

T 90 has turret of T 80 U and its Fire Control System.

This is what 'evolved' means. The differences are not like e.g. M-60 to M1 or Leo 1 to Leo 2.
It is more like Chieftain > Chieftain 800/900 > Challenger 1 > Challenger 2.

Its wheels are not big like that of of T 72, they are more like wheels of T 54.

Last edited:
It really doesn't look like much,as usual from Russia,much hype over nothing.It would be a progress indeed if it can match a Leo 2A4 or an M1,but it's doubtful.

It really doesn't look like much,as usual from Russia,much hype over nothing.It would be a progress indeed if it can match a Leo 2A4 or an M1,but it's doubtful.

Explain what you mean by "it doesn't look like much" and how does the leo and A1 "look like much" and what it means. Amazing how you can come to a conclusion about the tank's performance such as armor protection and armor penetration just by seeing a grainy picture of the Armata with a covered turret.

I also don't think it Russia's hype since they have said almost nothing, it's more like jealousy and ignorance from people such as yourself. You and your pal Viper have one thing in common, you both blow a lot of steam.

Explain what you mean by "it doesn't look like much" and how does the leo and A1 "look like much" and what it means. Amazing how you can come to a conclusion about the tank's performance such as armor protection and armor penetration just by seeing a grainy picture of the Armata with a covered turret.

I also don't think it Russia's hype since they have said almost nothing, it's more like jealousy and ignorance from people such as yourself. You and your pal Viper have one thing in common, you both blow a lot of steam.

No need to get angry over an opinion.Yes,it looks like an over hyped T72 to me,just like the T90.Most likely it will be an easy target for true modern MBT's such as the M2,2A6(7)'s or Leclercs.

There is no "absurd" claim. History can prove it to you. Its public data, wherever the US went, the enemies had "sophisticated" Russian systems. You are more than welcome to see on youtube how from air defense to the TU-70's, 80's and 90's were taken out.
Next, knowing the US military, I can give you my personal assurance that when and if this tank faces the Abraams and the A-10's....their hull be be cracked open like a CocaCola bottle. I am giving you my personal assurance as I can't speak for the US government nor do I have access to the "Armata" classified files if there are any. But you should wait for a day and see how right I was. This tank will become a handy name in the history, aka, modernized junk which provided the same result to a barrage of GBU's or other stand off or direct attack munitions!

I'd even suggest giving some to Syria or Iraq / ISIS and allow the USAF to do "blow up testing" for you :enjoy:
that apply's for abraams also when they face armata and su 25's,their hull would also be cracked opened like coca cola bottle,just like isis cracked opened several abraams in iraq with their rpg's and russian and chinese anti tank munitions.

No need to get angry over an opinion.Yes,it looks like an over hyped T72 to me,just like the T90.Most likely it will be an easy target for true modern MBT's such as the M2,2A6(7)'s or Leclercs.
if by one look you think it's overhyped t72,just like t90, then i think you are some extraordinary person with xray vision,then i have to say only one thing to you-if looks could kill.

if you want to clear your doubt,then the only way to find out is to have war with russia which the European union has no guts or is willing but i can assure you it's not like the monkey model of t72 like romanians or other nations like us were producing under license,they keep best for them.so please don't hallucinate and think others as fools.

It has nothing in common with a T-72 or T-90. The Armata was designed to match or surpass the performance of all rival tanks. It's a clean sheet design, even it armor is new. We all know that the Abrams is a good tank but Iraq showed it is not invincible, if Russian made anti tank rockets can penetrate Abrams tanks as well as Challengers then so should the Armata's high velocity gun coupled with new longer rod penetrators.

Does the Abrams have an active protection system that destroys RPGs before they even make contact? No but the Armata does. In case the Abrams turret is penetrated does the crew remain safe? No but the crew of the Armata should. Do all Abrams models come with modular add on armor?

Team NATO seem pretty jealous, a lot of insulting and claiming the Armata is inferior but when ask to explain how it is inferior the response is always a generic off topic jealous fanboy rant such as:

'you think we don't prepare for this stuff'?

'it will be an easy target for true modern MBT's'.

'looks like an over hyped T72'.

"it will be scrap metal for the A-10'.

Then when questioned and called out on the immaturity and lack of substance in their arguments those members usually bolt :lol:

Since when did the US face T-90s? :lol:

I can also give my personal assurance that when and if this tank (Abrams) faces the Armata and the SU-25s...."their hull be be cracked open like a CocaCola bottle".

Do you believe that the US didn't know anything about the T-90's? If the answer is yes, I think you may be right :enjoy:

You can give me your personal assurances, I'd just refer to youtube videos where Iraq and Serbia did have the SU's and more and T-72's and 80's and all. Hull's cracked open everywhere!!

that apply's for abraams also when they face armata and su 25's,their hull would also be cracked opened like coca cola bottle,just like isis cracked opened several abraams in iraq with their rpg's and russian and chinese anti tank munitions.

if by one look you think it's overhyped t72,just like t90, then i think you are some extraordinary person with xray vision,then i have to say only one thing to you-if looks could kill.

if you want to clear your doubt,then the only way to find out is to have war with russia which the European union

The Abraams sold to Iraq or others, were export versions, not the ones the US uses internally. How many times you've seen enemy jets breaking through the US defense layers to get to its ground assets??

I don't think the T series are over-hyped, I know they are, for the US air power at least. You are welcome to see youtube videos of different conflicts where there were T series tanks and all. Results are visible to everyone :angel::tup:

On Russia's having war with EU or the West, well the Russians are having trouble doing annual services of their weapon systems right now. When they are ready for such a venture, you can let us know. Their ability at this point, is limited to sending a couple of bombers around the Atlantic.
When you guns are jammed and you don't have the money to clean the barrels, the last thing you wan to do, is to get into a fight where that jammed barrel will need to be used a lot!! That's Russia for you.

Do you believe that the US didn't know anything about the T-90's? If the answer is yes, I think you may be right :enjoy:

You can give me your personal assurances, I'd just refer to youtube videos where Iraq and Serbia did have the SU's and more and T-72's and 80's and all. Hull's cracked open everywhere!!

The Abraams sold to Iraq or others, were export versions, not the ones the US uses internally. How many times you've seen enemy jets breaking through the US defense layers to get to its ground assets??

I don't think the T series are over-hyped, I know they are, for the US air power at least. You are welcome to see youtube videos of different conflicts where there were T series tanks and all. Results are visible to everyone :angel::tup:

On Russia's having war with EU or the West, well the Russians are having trouble doing annual services of their weapon systems right now. When they are ready for such a venture, you can let us know. Their ability at this point, is limited to sending a couple of bombers around the Atlantic.
When you guns are jammed and you don't have the money to clean the barrels, the last thing you wan to do, is to get into a fight where that jammed barrel will need to be used a lot!! That's Russia for you.
so were the t72 and at present t90 that is export versions,not the ones Russia uses for themselves.how many times did you have seen enemy jets breaking through the Russian defence layers with specifically regarding to Russia or it taking part in active war just like USA. YouTube videos prove nothing regarding Russia and that to about monkey models,then that is applicable to us also.regarding EU or the West having war with Russia even knowing they are having trouble doing annual services of their weapon systems right now,still they didn't dared to scratch the back of the bear even when they annexed Crimea,so much of the global power(USA and EU)except some sanctions.Even when their guns are jammed and they don't have money to clean the barrels still the west didn't fired a single shot with their fully armed guns,that's the confidence of west even knowing well their chips were down and that's west for you.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom