What's new

Arjun News & Discussions

If the Indian Army truly believed in the Arjun, this would not be the case. I think they're not impressed by its performance and are trying to save face.

seems like IA had a bit of trust deficit with regards to DRDO, hopefully Arjun will help bridge that gap.

If the Indian Army truly believed in the Arjun, this would not be the case. I think they're not impressed by its performance and are trying to save face.

When you compare an indigenous tank by using eyeglasses purchased by paying ruble, such things happens ;)

Now This is what I call a wonderful News:victory::victory::victory:

Yes DRDO took time....but Results can be clearly seen now......

DRDO Rocks!!:devil::smitten:

Arjun Vs T-90

Time of the Day: MBT (No.of Tgts Assigned) No.of Sucessful Hits

B4 Noon T-90 (11) 9
Noon T-90 (11) 4
Night time T-90 (15) 7

B4 Noon Arjun (11) 11
Noon Arjun (11) 10
Night time Arjun (15) 15

Years ago i spoke to a T-90 tanker and according to him the T-90 was dead accurare even while traversing over rough terrain, just who were the tankers behind the T-90? With that kind of hit probability, or lack there of, it makes me wonder if the T-90 was set up to fail in favore of the Arjun.

Now This is what I call a wonderful News:victory::victory::victory:

Yes DRDO took time....but Results can be clearly seen now......

DRDO Rocks!!:devil::smitten:

good to be happy but DRDO cannot rest on its laurels, there is much work to be done to further enhance the Arjun. keep in mind Arjun is simply a baby step towards a long road ahead.
many components are still of foreign origin, and it still weighs a LOT.

Last edited:
Grate News Good going DRDO:yahoo:

The DRDO, meanwhile, is working overtime to sweeten the deal. S Sundaresh, the DRDO’s Chief Controller for Armaments and Combat Engineering, has told Business Standard, that all Arjuns now ordered will fire anti-tank guided missiles through the tank’s main gun; provide extra protection for the tank’s crew through explosive reactive armour, or ERA; be fitted with thermal imaging panoramic sights that allow the Arjun’s commander to scan his surroundings even by night; and incorporate at least seven other improvements over the current Arjuns.

“We had test-fired the Israeli LAHAT missile through the Arjun gun as far back as in 2005”, pointed out Sundaresh. “It will take us about six months to integrate the LAHAT’s designator into the Arjun’s fire control system.”

The addition of two tonnes of ERA will increase the weight of the Arjun to just over 60 tonnes, making it one of the world’s heaviest tanks. But, the DRDO claims that its powerful 1,500-Horse Power engine easily handles the extra weight.

But the bolded part worries me. dont you thing that DRDO should try & reduct the weight of the tank to may be at least 52 tons. its a nightmare for the logistics. :what:

Years ago i spoke to a T-90 tanker and according to him the T-90 was dead accurare even while traversing over rough terrain, just who were the tankers behind the T-90? With that kind of hit probability, or lack there of, it makes me wonder if the T-90 was set up to fail in favore of the Arjun.

don't take the numbers seriously until we see it on the official report.

You are forgetting one thing......Tests were carried out in Desert........Moreover Army always favored T-90 so there is no chance of being pre decided.....:victory::victory::victory:

BTW I cant find Russian and Indian Flags here?? Any Idea??

Looks like the fatigue levels of the tank crew played a big part. T-90 performed quite well in the morning, but the performance fell drastically in afternoon and night. IA has been operating T-90 for quite sometime and T-72 for decades. Hence, the T-90 crew must be quite expereinced guys on the tank. Arjun is brand new and the crew would have relatively less experience.
Arjun has superior ergonomics and comfort facilities for the crew, which enables them to remain in good physical condition and perform well.
This excercise was counducted wholly by the army, and the army was very much tilted towards T-90 and hostile towards Arjun. So, any doubts about the test being rigged to favour Arjun can be laid to rest.

Last edited:
good to be happy but DRDO cannot rest in its laurels, there is much work to be done to further enhance the Arjun. keep in mind Arjun is simply a baby step towards a long road ahead.
many components are still of foreign origin, and it still weighs a LOT.

Definitely true....But we are on our way to make quality products which can meet the requirements of our Armed Forces.....There is a lot of room for improvement and there will be....no doubt about that......but this news shows how Indian Products are becoming a success after a long Criticism......

The So called Arjunk has finally became a true Arjun.....

ooolalalal ...hahah guys whata start to the morning wow..congratulations to everyone hard work of DRDO has finally given us results not to say the tremendous amount of confidence DRDO had in it final product that it crossed even the threshold and went in for comapritive trials..
HOW MANY OF SUCH TRIALS WERE CONDUCTED ELSE WHERE???:cheers::sniper::smitten:
Our friends here caled up ARJUN with what not names...and had thier share of laugh,but see whose had the final laugh now DRDO,its a good sign more add on's to ARJUN tank,lahat designator to be added in 6 month:victory::cheers: and ERA would make it more safer...

You are right.. The Army brought up on russian hardware has not been able to comprehend that Arjun could out last or out shoot the much ocveted T 90. Going by past record of delays etc by DRDO, I dont blame them.

Once they took the stand of not going for Arjun, getting off that would have resulted in a loss of face. Hence Arjun had to go thru much more stern tests than what was required to prove a point. If army dodes induct these in larger numbers, despite its earlier resistence, it just goes to show that the product was good enough to move them off their rigid stance

The addition of two tonnes of ERA will increase the weight of the Arjun to just over 60 tonnes, making it one of the world’s heaviest tanks. But, the DRDO claims that its powerful 1,500-Horse Power engine easily handles the extra weight

this is new:what: isnt the ARJUN using 1400 HP german engine,their were talks of an 1500 hp indigenous enigine.can soembody throw some light on this..

Arjun MBT Vs T-90S specs
http://*****************/wp-content/uploads/opinion/army/arjun/dissimilarcombat/general-characteristics.jpg

Mobility performance
http://*****************/wp-content/uploads/opinion/army/arjun/dissimilarcombat/mobility-performance.jpg

Fire Power Performance
http://*****************/wp-content/uploads/opinion/army/arjun/dissimilarcombat/weapon-performance.jpg

Protection Performance
http://*****************/wp-content/uploads/opinion/army/arjun/dissimilarcombat/protection-performance.jpg

Back
Top Bottom