What's new

Arjun News & Discussions

Neo CITV means commanders independent thermal viewer, can be itnegrated in the Arjun but will escalate cost so it havent been kept on table with already screaming army for 4mn$ per piece..

hunter-killer means hunting while killing, You'll know if it has it or not just wait till June 8th a team of FIDNs will visit Arjun and ask it :enjoy:

Thanks mate. :tup:

I think it is a good thing that the Arjun has been exposed by the Media, because of the critics look where the Arjun is now it is far advanced and developed tank. It is probably among the top tanks when its finished its initial trials.

What are the grounds of your sense less claim.

No the T90S we had, we dont need new ones for test.
So you will be testing new Arjuns with used tanks.
Heard of JRI? around 30 Arjuns are reado for JRI (joint reception Inspection), to make the production line smoother, Arjun has to go through trails and inspection after each batch is being build, till the production line gets perfected.
How many batches had been built so far and how many are under production?
Why do you need to test every batch?
Why are you building batches if your production line is not yet perfected?
When do you think perfections in assembly will be acheived?
I didn't understood the rest!
there are no problems in Arjun so far.
How can you claim this before any testing.
Wrong, Indias new logistics are all 70+ rated.
:undecided: Wrong, IA need to build new carriers for transportation.
What is 70+ rating?
MBT and T series doesnt hits same, it is always more and more.
Isn't T-90 the existing MBT in IA! Arjun is surely not the most favorite tank of IA.
Grapes are sour, 124 will equip 2 regiments, more will come.
Building 124 Arjuns before it pass IA requsites!!!!!.... Any inductions now will be seen with suspisions.
for 4mn$ per piece..
I will do little research before believing this figure!
hunter-killer means hunting while killing, You'll know if it has it or not
just wait till June 8th a team of FIDNs will visit Arjun and ask it :enjoy:
Isn't is this same as tracking target while engaged in shooting, it can't be a modern tank if it dosn't have it.
What is FIDNs and what will the ask?

My dear Batman, I'm afraid your woefully immature in the sidelines of briefing about Arjuns Developement, However I'll try my best to reply you, kindly do a little bit research while posting things.

So you will be testing new Arjuns with used tanks.
lol, Does used tanks means they wont perform as new ones?

How many batches had been built so far and how many are under production?
Roughly around 30 or so are ready, if you want more details let me know.

Why do you need to test every batch?
The secret lies in extremely finer tolerance issue of Arjuns construction which tests the rep taped OFB organisation to its limits.
If you have seen M1 Abrams production line in National Geographic you would knew how mechanized is a modern MBT production line, Indian OFB is a red tape organisation and doesnt has capability/infrastructure to produce Arjun in mass scale basis as per the requirements of tolerance and quality control laid out by DRDO to them, they have been building infrastructure for it for past few years, thus testing of each batch would ensure transition from zero production lineup to a steady production line up, and thus it is needed.

Why are you building batches if your production line is not yet perfected?
See above, how can you perfect production line without producing batches?

When do you think perfections in assembly will be acheived?
It is being been achievded as we speak with each batch being tested.

I didn't understood the rest!
there is no rest lol.

How can you claim this before any testing.
Arjun has been problem free for a couple of years now, It is from official MOD report.

:undecided: Wrong, IA need to build new carriers for transportation.
What is 70+ rating?
No, not wrong, ask zraver, 70+ in short means carriers which can carry Arjun.

Isn't T-90 the existing MBT in IA!
T90 is not a MBT, Arjun is a MBT, We have 3500 tank fleet, so a high-lo mix is needed, thus the T90S would supplement Arjun.

Arjun is surely not the most favorite tank of IA.
Your wrong here, Arjun has been plagued with arms lobby game, If you check the original QSR, IA initially asked for a 60 tonne MBT , 120 mm from 105 mm gun so dont believe what you see in normal eyes read more!

Arjun was is will outpace any T series tanks, and was designed keeping that specific details in mind, Thanks you.

Building 124 Arjuns before it pass IA requsites!!!!!.... Any inductions now will be seen with suspisions.
I did not understood what you said, or what your suspicion has to do with reality.

I will do little research before believing this figure!
Your welcome to do it, Arjun as of now cost some 17 crores with some thing imported and will be subsequently replaced by home grown things where cost will be brought down.

Isn't is this same as tracking target while engaged in shooting, it can't be a modern tank if it dosn't have it.
It does have it, as per someone who evaluated Arjun himself.

never mind.

What does the above sentence mean?

I cant understand it!

I think it is a good thing that the Arjun has been exposed by the Media, because of the critics look where the Arjun is now it is far advanced and developed tank. It is probably among the top tanks when its finished its initial trials.

I can see you have difficulties with English. Your whole sentence makes no sense.
I guessed you are claiming arjun to be the best tank in the world though it was rejected by IA.
Hence, I wondered what are your interests for glorifying a rejected hardware?

Batman, Your problem in understanding him is bringing in question the ability of your technical expertise, refrain from such thing as honestly you dont make any sense, because Arjun is not rejected.

Batman, Your problem in understanding him is bringing in question the ability of your technical expertise, refrain from such thing as honestly you dont make any sense, because Arjun is not rejected.

Exactly as stated by Joey, Arjun is here to stay, there were malign reports about Arjun, however, the recent test has shut them up!

oh one needs CITV for hunter-killer right? just a upgrade.

zraver if you recall post by dberwal to you who personally evaluated the Arjun, ( link )

but, CITV would provide better work I guess.

A panoramic day sight does not give the tank hunter killer capabilites no matter what he thinks. The first thing a pakistani tank force is going to do when engaged is pop smoke and that panaramic daysight is useless. That sight also lacks automatic sector scanning- commanders override, and a laser range finder.

An M1A2 or an Al Kalid can have the gunner engaging one target, while the commander finds the next target day or night, smoke or no smoke. Not sure about the AK, but the Abrams computers remember this info and help lay the gun so the gunner can aquire the next target faster-while the commander is already looking for and lasing more targets. This is a huge advantage and is the Arjuns only weakness besides cost and low numbers.

It does have it, as per someone who evaluated Arjun himself.

dberwal is like a colorblind mna describing a rainbow. What he thinks is a hunter-killer capability and what is really a hunter killer capability are two different things. All the panoramic day sight does is allow the tank commander to look around him unbuttoned in fair weather during the day without smoke.

Hunter-Killer

The ability of the tank to hunt for fresh targets while the gunner is actively killing the first target. The Arjun does not have this abilityunder any realistic scenarios.

CITV

Commander Indipendant Thermal Viewer with laser range finder and a computer that can lay the gun on target for the gunner. This lets the commander find and lase new targets for the gunner to aquire as soon as the gunner has killed the first target. The really good systems like the Abrams allow the commander to get several targets ahead of the gunner under ideal circumstances.

No, not wrong, ask zraver, 70+ in short means carriers which can carry Arjun.

Joey is right, the Arjun coems in at 58.5 metric tonnes while the IA has upgraded thier assult bridging and transporter fleet to class 70 (70 metric tonnes) the shortage is in rail cars (but India does hav ethe needed cars jsut not many) but this is a peace time concern as front line units wont go to war on flatbed cars.

its a TV station so the questions it will ask and the answer sit will get don't mean much. What is important will be the video. The video will be reviewed by people who know what they are looking at who will then render thier judgement. The little bit of pre-trial video released showed a very impressive and highly effective suspencion that totally outclasses every other tank on the Sub continent. If not fore the new XK-2 it would probalby be the best in the world in that department. Thats from a 2 minute video that had 5 seconds of really useful footage. What it doe snot show is how relaible it is. if the system holds up then India has a war winner in mobile combat beucase the Arjuns gun envelope will probalby be 15-25KPH faster than the AK/T-84/T-90. Most older tanks and older suspencion designs have a gun envelope of between 15-35kph. faster of slow and the vibratiosn outpace the stablisation system, this includes the Al Khalid that uses an older suspencion model. Truly modern tanks have a 0-40kph gun envelope the Abrams can go to 45 the leclerc to 50 and the Arjun promises to be a 50kph gun platform. That is mindblowing and very dangerous.

What I am wating to see now is some gunnery footage, turret traverse and a few other things to make a better overall evaluation.

zraver thanks, so one needs CITV for true hunter-killer, well no big deal I guess, you just need to add a Gunners main sight 2 which will be cued with the computer and will be used by the Commander.

and zraver, FIDNS is not a TV station, it is a online group which will visit Arjun for 3 days to check it, you can ask questions to them which they'll ask the developers inturn, i gave you the link already.

and zraver, FIDNS is not a TV station, it is a online group which will visit Arjun for 3 days to check it, you can ask questions to them which they'll ask the developers inturn, i gave you the link already.

My bad, I thought it was the TV station that would be doing the filming, I am waiting on the video.

I'll ask them to ask the developers on this hunter-killer issue, as you said Arjun does not has true hunter killer as it is being having a independent CITV, but it can still do hunter-killer role using its commanders sight right? ofcourse when not in smoke et al.

I dont know why Army didnt asked for including a CITV, what can be the reason? cost? As i understand you just need to put a second gunners sight which will e used by commander instead of gunner and both sights will work in tandem with the onboard computer.

I hope in next batch beyond 124 they will integrate it, as one can always put it.

It requires a small subsystem and software, thats about it for the Hunter Killer system.
Nothing big for India to develop they have booming technology companies and it will probably be added in the next batch or maybe is added?

Interceptor it requires a CITV means you need to use one more gunners idnependent sight exclusively for commander, zraver I think i got the reason why it doesnt has CITV, remember Arjuns gunners sight was yet not indigenous other than the new batch IIRC.

Thus i guess not to escalate cost it didnt put CITV, and will put it when in next batch it will use the indigenous gunners main sight which will be considerably cheaper.

It clready costs 2x times the T90 lol.

no interceptor, the sight lack requisite details, hehe.
It used open source information iirc.

Though some details are revealed very nicely like the original QSR which army only asked for a 60 tonne class tank, and details on the NBC system.

The BR article will be much detailed :)

As zraver said smoke can jam your pan view as it lacks laser range finder, it needs a CITV period.

Plus the details I think it is giving of ashwamedha exercise, and one cannot judge Arjuns full parametres through it, as zraver said its suspension along with two axis electro-hydraulic gun stabilizer will give it exceptional speed while firing.

Check the Arjun video in youtube and check rhe speed on gun stabilised mode when the two tanks is dashing through a water pit.

Back
Top Bottom