What's new

Arjun News & Discussions

The Jane report shows the Indians are not satisfied with its performance. Hence they bought a large number of T-90s to keep up the stratigic need.

The Janes report is full of BS, my friend. I've already made a number of posts reg the errors in the article. Care to read ?

ARJUN has arrived.

Correction> T-90 has arrived.

Correction, the Arjun has arrived for head to head comparisons with the T-90 and T-72 starting in June. The video shot by a local TV station (local to the test course) did not show much but it did show the extremily smooth suspencion of the Arjun on a rough course. This is going to give the Arjun a huge edge over any tank in Asia but the US Abrams and South Korean K1/A1 and XK2. The Arjun's ride is smoother than the Abrams in fact, and that is an impressive feat.

Correction, the Arjun has arrived for head to head comparisons with the T-90 and T-72 starting in June. The video shot by a local TV station (local to the test course) did not show much but it did show the extremily smooth suspencion of the Arjun on a rough course. This is going to give the Arjun a huge edge over any tank in Asia but the US Abrams and South Korean K1/A1 and XK2. The Arjun's ride is smoother than the Abrams in fact, and that is an impressive feat.

That was first ever video of Arjun on a testing range. It always been a enigma tank. We dont have any proper video of Arjun shooting at targets.
However reading from numerous reports over the years, I can safely conclude that Arjun atleast does not issues overs shooting on the move,range or ability of armour.

This conclusion is based on the "cribbing" reports that generally come out. The Indian media has been cribbing about the most silly thing about these tanks.Hence if there were any issues with the gun or the armour,the IA would have gladly complained to the press and they would ripped DRDO apart.
Infact suspension was one of the most complained about in the press.

During the late 90's testing ,IA had complained that it is more accurate while shooting on the move,than when stationary.:what: . (I guess also an effect of IA was using it as a T-72,by expecting it to shoot better when stationary!)

Hopefully in the coming months,we have better videos on the tank.

There was this report over development of 1500hp engine for the tank.Within the report it had a comment about futuristic tank requirements being already in place. I guess this is probably a hint that Arjun MK2 in the pipeline/already worked on.

Correction, the Arjun has arrived for head to head comparisons with the T-90 and T-72 starting in June.

Oh, I see.... Arjun will be tested against those 350, T-90 tanks, but I wonder if there will be any deliveries from Russia by june for your head to head comparisons.

Still Arjun prototypes had to under go testing and there are chances of rejection.
Even if it pass IA testing still lot of logistics related changes will be required before it can be used in battels.
If its over all cost hit more or same as T-90 than again there inductions may be very limited and will be for iconic reasons, only.

This conclusion is based on the "cribbing" reports that generally come out. The Indian media has been cribbing about the most silly thing about these tanks.Hence if there were any issues with the gun or the armour,the IA would have gladly complained to the press and they would ripped DRDO apart.
Infact suspension was one of the most complained about in the press.

I think it is a good thing that the Arjun has been exposed by the Media, because of the critics look where the Arjun is now it is far advanced and developed tank. It is probably among the top tanks when its finished its initial trials.

During the late 90's testing ,IA had complained that it is more accurate while shooting on the move,than when stationary.:what: . (I guess also an effect of IA was using it as a T-72,by expecting it to shoot better when stationary!)

Does the Arjun have the ability of Hunter Killer?

Hopefully in the coming months,we have better videos on the tank.

There was this report over development of 1500hp engine for the tank.Within the report it had a comment about futuristic tank requirements being already in place. I guess this is probably a hint that Arjun MK2 in the pipeline/already worked on.

Well there was a similar report about the Al-Khalid durings its initial career, however, Arjun needs to be first inducted into the Indian Army before there is Mk2 version. This report you read is the engine forign or Indian made.

Does the Arjun have the ability of Hunter Killer?

based on published photes, and reports and my own trained eye- NO it does not posses a hunter killer apsect but such modificatiosn inside the roomy Arjun turret should be easy enough if the tank is inducted in large enough numbers to make it cost effective.

oh one needs CITV for hunter-killer right? just a upgrade.

zraver if you recall post by dberwal to you who personally evaluated the Arjun, ( link )

ARJUN for the Nth time has a true Hunter - Killer capability..... it has a commanders panoramic sight commander can keep on hunting for the TGT and gunner can keep on killing the TGT as assigned/passed by cmdr..

but, CITV would provide better work I guess.

Its getting too technical for me to follow...I'm lost. Ehm..excuse my ignorance but whats a hunter killer and CITV? :coffee:

Oh, I see.... Arjun will be tested against those 350, T-90 tanks, but I wonder if there will be any deliveries from Russia by june for your head to head comparisons.
No the T90S we had, we dont need new ones for test.

Still Arjun prototypes had to under go testing and there are chances of rejection.
Heard of JRI? around 30 Arjuns are reado for JRI (joint reception Inspection), to make the production line smoother, Arjun has to go through trails and inspection after each batch is being build, till the production line gets perfected.

there are no problems in Arjun so far.

Even if it pass IA testing still lot of logistics related changes will be required before it can be used in battels.
Wrong, Indias new logistics are all 70+ rated.

If its over all cost hit more or same as T-90
MBT and T series doesnt hits same, it is always more and more.

than again there inductions may be very limited and will be for iconic reasons, only.
Grapes are sour, 124 will equip 2 regiments, more will come.

Neo CITV means commanders independent thermal viewer, can be itnegrated in the Arjun but will escalate cost so it havent been kept on table with already screaming army for 4mn$ per piece..

hunter-killer means hunting while killing, You'll know if it has it or not just wait till June 8th a team of FIDNs will visit Arjun and ask it :enjoy:

I think it is a good thing that the Arjun has been exposed by the Media, because of the critics look where the Arjun is now it is far advanced and developed tank. It is probably among the top tanks when its finished its initial trials.
Thanks, we knew it much before.

Well there was a similar report about the Al-Khalid durings its initial career, however, Arjun needs to be first inducted into the Indian Army before there is Mk2 version. This report you read is the engine forign or Indian made.

Very Very correct, IA needs to induct Arjun and the whole works this way you induct some then you make upgrades.
Arjun has always huge room for expansion.

Another thing note, There was once a MK2 version tested using torson bar, was once reported way back in mod report, but it was rejected by developers, it was done to compare the suspensions, wait for the BR article it will have these nifty details with source.

Back
Top Bottom