What's new

Arjun News & Discussions

your assuming the test is conducting.

The IA keeps the competitive trials trials in Limbo.

They were first supposed to be conducted

in April 09 but IA said IA wanted full regiment exercise with 45 Arjuns and 45 T-90's. :hitwall: .

So it got moved to October 09 IA then said they wanted to conduct a war game style trial where. Where the tanks would have to capture key points. As efficiently as possible. And when DRDO objected to the sudden change as this kind of trial brings into play the experience and skill of the tank operators. IA postpone again. :hitwall:

Now its March 2010, what excuse will the IA make now.:hitwall:

What needs to happen is closure on this once and for all.

A trial by Fire against the T-90 to put all rumors and speculation to rest.

What ever the Result, sections within the IA seems to be intent on hiding it.

Why won't India take Arjun to an international show and let foreign countries try it out. If its a real good tank and the price is right, maybe foreign countries would buy it in larger quantities if IA refuses.

Why won't India take Arjun to an international show and let foreign countries try it out. If its a real good tank and the price is right, maybe foreign countries would buy it in larger quantities if IA refuses.

Already Colombia shown interest in this Tank

Already Colombia shown interest in this Tank

There you go. I heard Peru plan to buy some Chinese export version of Al Khalid. Peru and Columbia are not in the best of terms. If conflict happen between this two countries, than these two tanks could square off in a real life scenario.

I read perfectly, and i can tell you can't even correctly pronounce Chechnya, let alone sound it out and atleast come close to spelling it correctly, so good luck on spell checking "Cherneyans".

You can speak your mind. However, I have no respect for racists. when you start using such phrases as "i hate Russians" and "Puke tank" then you better be prepared for what's coming. Did you think i was going to thank you for your remarks?

Usually people post links to back up their claims. Like i said, i have yet to see videos of T-90's in Georgia, so please give a link, and don't give me that gouv-nau about searching yourself, you make a claim, back it up. It's a simple concept.

If you read perfectly, then howcome you didn't see the "Spellcheck" part, which I clearly informed every reader that I made a mistake which I couldn't fix in spelling "Chechnya."

I never asked for a thanks, so please do not insist on giving it.

You made a claim that T-90's weren't used 3/2 years ago, OK. Back that up with evidence. Can you promise me that out of the billions or trillions of articles online, not one of them has a T-90 related to the 2008 conflict? Where's you source?

Firstly, 23 abams were taken out. Secondly, most of Iraq's tank force was made up of, "T-55 and T-62 tanks, as well as Iraqi assembled Russian T-72s, and locally-produced copies (Asad Babil tank). The T-72s like most Soviet export designs lacked night vision systems and then-modern rangefinders."

Iraqi tanks could not fire anti-tank missiles like their Russian counterparts.
M1 Abrams - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And just so you know many Iraqi tanks were taken out from the air. Like one American general said " The results would have been the same if we operated the same tanks because our training was that good."

Merkava's, considered the best armoured tanks in the world, were getting knocked out as if they were plastic toys, during the Lebonon conflict.

[url="
merkava taking hits[/url]

This is what good Russian RPG's do to Merkava's, what do you think will happen to the Abrams?

OK buddy, since you told me to post evidence to back up my claims, where is the evidence that 27 M1's got knocked out during OPERATION DESERT SHIELD? As for the AF taking out land targets, that is true. However in a book I read, I clearly recall seeing some one thousand T-72's destroyed and taken out of action by M1's alone.

Last edited by a moderator:
There you go. I heard Peru plan to buy some Chinese export version of Al Khalid. Peru and Columbia are not in the best of terms. If conflict happen between this two countries, than these two tanks could square off in a real life scenario.

you know peru is not ordering AK actually RAW is . It will be packed in a plane & back to india to test it

PS: don't ask for link RAW has good foundation in peru sorry for offtopic

Last edited:

DRDO cried foul against Army so much.

They had to bring in an international 3rd party to evaluate the tank.
After the Aduit showed the tank meets all the IA's requirements.

MOD gave the order for the 124 tanks we have now.

Army said after the Audit that The IA is now looking for something else and said the order would be capped at 124.

DRDO cry foul again , SO MoD sets up for comparative trials.4
between T-90 and Arjun.

Since then IA has been dodging the trials.

There is rampant corruption in the army.
its our worst modernized branch in the armed forces, and also the one with the most corruption charges, i wonder if there is a relation.

DRDO cried foul against Army so much.

They had to bring in an international 3rd party to evaluate the tank.
After the Aduit showed the tank meets all the IA's requirements.

MOD gave the order for the 124 tanks we have now.

Army said after the Audit that The IA is now looking for something else and said the order would be capped at 124.

DRDO cry foul again , SO MoD sets up for comparative trials.4
between T-90 and Arjun.

Since then IA has been dodging the trials.

There is rampant corruption in the army.
its our worst modernized branch in the armed forces, and also the one with the most corruption charges, i wonder if there is a relation.

Seems like some heads must be rolled after this comparitive trials :taz: ..May be this is the same case with Insas too..who knows :hitwall:

If you read perfectly, then howcome you didn't see the "Spellcheck" part, which I clearly informed every reader that I made a mistake which I couldn't fix in spelling "Chechnya."

Beleive me, i seen it. I simply showed you how to spell correctly.

I never asked for a thanks, so please do not insist on giving it.

And to think i was a mouse click away :smitten:

You made a claim that T-90's weren't used 3/2 years ago, OK. Back that up with evidence. Can you promise me that out of the billions or trillions of articles online, not one of them has a T-90 related to the 2008 conflict? Where's you source?

Read my posts carefully, you made the claim that there is video of the T-90 in Georgia, i made the remark that i have never seen this video, then i asked you to provide a link to this video; you told me to find it myself. I have searched for evidence of the T-90 in Georgia. However, i have not found such. I'm not doubting there wasn't T-90's in Georgia. However, i have not found evidence that there was, but your unwillingness to provide any proof doesn't help your cause, so where can i find this video?

To reiterate my point, the T-90 could have been used in Georgia but i'm more interested in this video.

OK buddy, since you told me to post evidence to back up my claims, where is the evidence that 27 M1's got knocked out during OPERATION DESERT SHIELD? As for the AF taking out land targets, that is true. However in a book I read, I clearly recall seeing some one thousand T-72's destroyed and taken out of action by M1's alone.

In the link i provided. And are you sure those "thousand T-72's" were infact T-72's. Most of the Iraqi tank force was made up of OLD downgraded T-55, T-62's and some garbage Iraqi tanks.

Last edited:
I think we have a China-Russia war going on here :pop:

Beleive me, i seen it. I simply showed you how to spell correctly.

Good, thank you, because this was not the impression I got from your last post.

And to think i was a mouse click away :smitten:

Doubt 1 click of a mouse can do anything.

Read my posts carefully, you made the claim that there is video of the T-90 in Georgia, i made the remark that i have never seen this video, then i asked you to provide a link to this video; you told me to find it myself. I have searched for evidence of the T-90 in Georgia. However, i have not found such. I'm not doubting there wasn't T-90's in Georgia. However, i have not found evidence that there was, but your unwillingness to provide any proof doesn't help your cause, so where can i find this video?

OK, the video footage I found was on the 6 o'clock news, sorry, but I didn't tape it, not for myself, not for you. My apologies. But you cannot prove that I haven't seen it.

To reiterate my point, the T-90 could have been used in Georgia but i'm more interested in this video.

Sorry, wish you were here a little over a year ago.

In the link i provided. And are you sure those "thousand T-72's" were infact T-72's. Most of the Iraqi tank force was made up of OLD T-55, T-62's and some garbage Iraqi tanks.

Well, if the book I read in the library was correct, then yes, I did read >10^3 T-72's.

What's you point ptldM3, what are you trying to prove? That the T-90 is on par with its Western counterparts? If that's so, I'm sorry to say but you're sadly mistaken.

Formidable when comparing it with the rest of India's inventory, but a piece of junk when compared with similar works of the West.

Says who? The greatest self-proclaimed military expert of our times? :lol:

It is absolutely retarded to point out the performance of T-72 during Operation Desert Storm and Shield because those under Iraqi service were poorly maintained, had no countermeasures suite and had no explosive-reactive armor. And not to forget the fact that Iraqi crewmen were poorly trained and US forces enjoyed absolute air superiority.

So, go take your useless rants somewhere else.

Seems like some heads must be rolled after this comparitive trials :taz: ..May be this is the same case with Insas too..who knows :hitwall:

Just search google news for "Indian army corruption."

you will find a Long list of articles going back to Bofors scandal

In any armed forces the Army is always the most corrupt. In India the army is working hard to be number one in this field.:hitwall:

The number of firms black listed for the army artillery.
Is just the tip of the ice berg.

I just want Arjun to get its trial by fire.
so either we can induct in 1000's or build a new tank.

Back
Top Bottom