What's new

Arjun News & Discussions

Here is additional info from wiki...

A later report published by the Government of India during the induction ceremony of the Arjun tank, confirms the success of the trial. "An independent evaluation of the tank by a reputed tank manufacturer found that the MBT Arjun is an excellent tank with very good mobility and fire power characteristics."[45]

DRDO has installed a black box-like instrument in the Arjun, following attempts to "sabotage" its engine. The instrument was installed after the Indian Army termed the September 2007 winter trials of the Arjun tank a "failure". Attempts to sabotage the trials of the Arjun tank have failed after the black box was installed, said authorities.

Where in that extract does it say it matches up with the T-90 or it's lil' brother?

Where in that extract does it say it matches up with the T-90 or it's lil' brother?

Dude are you having some problems is grasping things around here??Dude the race was to become India's main battle tank..and according to the IA Arjun failed in it and it opted T-90's.so DRDO officials challenged IA for a comparison trials with Arjun and T series tanks..and let them know which one is better..And DRDO officials have full confidence in their Arjun Tank ..and after the comparison we will know for sure which one is better ..

Please read the links brave heart posted above..the whole comparitive trial is to proove that Arjun is a world class tank..lets wait till the trial is over then criticize it ..

Haha, hilarious! Having 1.5K bhp @ ~60t is world class now? Basically, if I integrate 3 twin turbos and add a few weigts to my car+throw in a few machines guns, my car would become a world class tank too? Buddy, it's not about the paper specs, but rather about the secret features which it holds. Why is the M1 such a featured tank? Answer? It's depleted U armor, capable of fending off multiple 125's.

what are u trying to do here other than troll....can't u see the articles posted earlier and specifications mentioned by becham?

or shud I highlight them for u ?...wait a sec...will do so...if u hv problems...

Dude are you having some problems is grasping things around here??Dude the race was to become India's main battle tank..and according to the IA Arjun failed in it and it opted T-90's.so DRDO officials challenged IA for a comparison trials with Arjun and T series tanks..and let them know which one is better..And DRDO officials have full confidence in their Arjun Tank ..and after the comparison we will know for sure which one is better ..

I think you are. He quote MY POST, meaning he had a problem with interpreting it-It was about Arjun vs. T-90, and the characteristic comparisons.

Haha, hilarious! Having 1.5K bhp @ ~60t is world class now? Basically, if I integrate 3 twin turbos and add a few weigts to my car+throw in a few machines guns, my car would become a world class tank too? Buddy, it's not about the paper specs, but rather about the secret features which it holds. Why is the M1 such a featured tank? Answer? It's depleted U armor, capable of fending off multiple 125's.

Lock33d i dont have any speciality in Tanks or Aircrafts..but I am sure that DRDO is not foolish enough to have a comparative trial with a world class Tank if they dont think Arjun dont have a chance ..lets wait for the results and then start bashing...

what are u trying to do here other than troll....can't u see the articles posted earlier and specifications mentioned by becham?

or shud I highlight them for u ?...wait a sec...will do so...if u hv problems...

No, the argument deviated from the original course after someone mentioned the Arjun to be better than the T90, and I just said there is inconclusive evidence to prove that, and at the moment, the T-90 is still better. Trolling?

I think you are. He quote MY POST, meaning he had a problem with interpreting it-It was about Arjun vs. T-90, and the characteristic comparisons.

Where did he quote your post?he was pointing out why the Arjun failed when it was tested earlier

No, the argument deviated from the original course after someone mentioned the Arjun to be better than the T90, and I just said there is inconclusive evidence to prove that, and at the moment, the T-90 is still better. Trolling?

Dude we were saying that DRDO wanted to proove that Arjun can match T series tank or better than T series..thats what this comparitive trial is all about ..

I honestly believe that in anpartial dual Arjun MBT take on T-90 and beat it on any choosen day.

But indian Army suffers from this huge had this penchant for foreign maal for some obivious reasons.

When i heard Army chief saying that indian armoured corp is night blind...i felt like if i were the defende minister i would asked for dismissal of all generals in the armoured corp of the indian army.Its ******* ridiculous.

Lock33d i dont have any speciality in Tanks or Aircrafts..but I am sure that DRDO is not foolish enough to have a comparative trial with a world class Tank if they dont think Arjun dont have a chance ..lets wait for the results and then start bashing...

Even that would be unfortunately not enough. For the stereotypical "comparative trial," it only consists of a fire control test and an engine run. However, it would require an actual combat to prove the worthiness of this tank so it won't be soon the Arjun becomes a world class tank.

Even that would be unfortunately not enough. For the stereotypical "comparative trial," it only consists of a fire control test and an engine run. However, it would require an actual combat to prove the worthiness of this tank so it won't be soon the Arjun becomes a world class tank.

in that logic Chinese tanks are also not world class nor Pakistanis :azn: ..you agree with it??

Would u care to explain what makes Arjun unreliable....

the way u speak I guess u r a military professional and know more than the DRDO people who designed and modified it or the army people who deploy/use it...

Also make sure u go through previous posts and come out with genuine problems which have not been already answered/taken care off...

Just because it carries a 'Made in India' tag the tank is being targeted, had it been any other western it would have been called grand success!!

Same was done with Arihant sub.. but no one seems to laugh at Royal navys Astute class or type 45 destroyers..

:cheers:

No,No,No,I also hope the Arjun can fit the military request,but all above is said by the designer and producer,it should be repeated tested by army,it is used by army and only the army can decide this.

But when I was a child,I heard the Arjun tank,and now 36 years has past since 1974,In the world tank has gone through several generations.Many times the DRDO gave people a big Balloon and be punctured soon,so it is difficult to believe the DRDO

One of the above poster trolls in all the Arjun related thread.

guess who ??
:azn:

If the world thinks like you, we'd all be dead. If Thomas Alva Edison didn't poke holes at his own observations, the light bumb would never have been designed out of tungsten and we'd still be living on candles today. So if you call poking holes at other things trolling, then you shouldn't be here. Common ground is what's necessary for things to progress in this world.

Back
Top Bottom