What's new

Arjun - new videos

The Arjun looks empressive but lets just see how it preforms. But I wounder can it competit with the Al-Khalid which is far more lighter and quite agile.

The Arjun looks empressive but lets just see how it preforms. But I wounder can it competit with the Al-Khalid which is far more lighter and quite agile.

2nd response and the 'my **** is bigger than yours' contest has already begun. Good going.:guns:

If it was so good why the engg having sleepless nights. One thing I like about Indian reporting they make it sound very interesting. And this is not a JOKE.
It is just a matter of prestige 124 ordered or a lot of people would have lost jobs.
all working for so many years to make a tank and only 48% indegi---.

If it was so good why the engg having sleepless nights. One thing I like about Indian reporting they make it sound very interesting. And this is not a JOKE.
It is just a matter of prestige 124 ordered or a lot of people would have lost jobs.
all working for so many years to make a tank and only 48% indegi---.

Sir,
It is all about infrastructure and time and efforts that is needed to induct a completely different system. If Arjun proves better than T-90's in the eyes of the politicians,they will stop the import of T-90. This will screw up the upgrade of IA's armour fleet.
If IA tries only to induct Arjun, at the current rate of 50/year production it will take 20 YEARS to replace 1000 T-72s.

Add to this IA has to re-orient it's doctrine,training,infrastructure to induct Arjun which needs 4 man crew compared to 3 man crew of T-90.

Hence recently IA did not carry out "comparative" trails of Arjun with T-90 giving a reason how can you compare apple to orange!

IA used the technical glitches found during Arjun's development to try to prevent a mess of it's armor structure. Hence the comments from the developer about having sleepless nights on IA's approval.
Thing is IA does not have any reason to reject it and MOD wont stop the production unless IA gives a valid reason.

The 48% indigestion thingi is the COST of the system, not the components.
It has a german engine, which is almost 50% the cost of the tank.

Also you would be aware that when forces induct a new system,they will not commit to it unless they have trained and infra setup for it. Same with the 124 count. It is no use declaring to induct 1000 tanks if IA does not the infrastructure or suitable manpower to handle it.

although its good but can anybody compares this Arjun and Al-khalid on the basis of specification. By shape and size i think Al-khalid is more better.

By shape and size i think Al-khalid is more better.

You definitly might have seen some figures before you said that. Can you post that here.

My understanding is that Arjun tank is one of a kind Tank in the sub continental scenario where all the other armies uses lighter tanks.

You definitly might have seen some figures before you said that. Can you post that here.

My understanding is that Arjun tank is one of a kind Tank in the sub continental scenario where all the other armies uses lighter tanks.

ooo how can you say this.....Al-Khalid is not a lighter tank it is also one of a kind in Sub-continent. Speed and the power to dogde the enemy also depends on the shape. the sharper the shape the more you get this power.
isn't so.

ooo how can you say this.....Al-Khalid is not a lighter tank it is also one of a kind in Sub-continent. Speed and the power to dogde the enemy also depends on the shape. the sharper the shape the more you get this power.
isn't so.

Dude they are different classes of tank......so to compare them is daft......

Induction of Arjun means a significant change in the army's battle plans and logistics. But it is worth it, since it will give India a decisive edge versus other armies in asia.

Keys,
You haven't told me about the drawback you found in Arjun.
Is that something you cant talk in public?

This tank has several new innovations like the Kanchan ceramic armour and NERA. Also the primary gun is rifled, which further improves its accuracy and range. Also the hydro-pneumatic suspension makes the ride as smooth as a mercedes and also improves its stabiliy and hence accuracy.

Nice video though.:tup:. I wish I was lucky enought to be given a couple of hours with that beast!!

I hope the army realizes that this is a great opportunity to modernize the battle plans and induct western battle concepts, and move away from russian ones.

Back
Top Bottom