What's new

Arjun MK-2 tanks facing Smokey driver chamber in latest tests

Come here sometimes, I have many special places here, where you can drink with no restrictions and enjoy a lot!.

Accha, how can I get your ID for social media in case I want to see you in my friendlist? how do you share that?

waise my sasural is in banglore too ;)
well ask joekrish , JBT 90 or sairam ,KK, imran bhai , webby they can give you my id :D

thats a patently false claim
124 units of arjun mk1have been built and are operational
mk2 is currently undergoing trials with some 93 modifications upon mk1 completion of which see another 124 mk2 tanks being buitl

there is no point in an indigenous tank when almost everything that matters technologically is sourced from outside and assembled here.

this is a faulty mechanism.arjun has been running for a decade now(active program)

why dosen't govt give concessions to private industries to contribute??sure they don't see much profits and are unwilling but at least make them concessions so that they can at least consider it rather than asking drdo to import stuff and assemble a tank

now pls fanboys don't start posting details of whats indigenous in arjun and whats not,i know it well enough.

i am only punching holes in faulty planning.

on the topic though at least 500 should be inducted for the venture to turn profitable
Interesting.... i suppose, what planning are you refering to? Product design, Process planning, Project planning, Material planning....

If you do want to punch hole, punch some specific holes.

Which private companies have been barred from the program?

Which areas in the arjun program do you think would bee feasible for "private companies " to partner in...

How many private companies have shown interest in the HVF factory projects?

Should DRDO be looking at made privately in india powerplant/ Chrome line Barrel/ Panoramic sights/ Suspension systems? If so who do you think would be front line players for such projects....

How many share holders in the "private" company do you think would vote to take on a project with an order book of "500" units?

Interesting.... i suppose, what planning are you refering to? Product design, Process planning, Project planning, Material planning....

If you do want to punch hole, punch some specific holes.

Which private companies have been barred from the program?

Which areas in the arjun program do you think would bee feasible for "private companies " to partner in...

How many private companies have shown interest in the HVF factory projects?

Should DRDO be looking at made privately in india powerplant/ Chrome line Barrel/ Panoramic sights/ Suspension systems? If so who do you think would be front line players for such projects....

How many share holders in the "private" company do you think would vote to take on a project with an order book of "500" units?
private industry will invest only if they see profit and after govt gives specific concessions.
what did govt specifically do to this effect??nothing,zero
and u seem to be pretty happy with drdo work,i salute u
the fact is trade unionism of hal and drdo will never let govt cater to private industry just like OFB has been doing for decades now.

everyone knows the problem and solution,,,,,but comission and kickbacks in govt contracts are so high for some military ppl and secretaries of govt that rules don't change at all

case in point-----tatra deals,everyone knew but did nothing for years together.we werebuying fro a 3 rd party??
do u think its a small thing that we were not even buying directly from the oem??

SAB CHOR HAIN.....................u may scoff but its true

private industry will invest only if they see profit and after govt gives specific concessions.
what did govt specifically do to this effect??nothing,zero
and u seem to be pretty happy with drdo work,i salute u
the fact is trade unionism of hal and drdo will never let govt cater to private industry just like OFB has been doing for decades now.

everyone knows the problem and solution,,,,,but comission and kickbacks in govt contracts are so high for some military ppl and secretaries of govt that rules don't change at all

case in point-----tatra deals,everyone knew but did nothing for years together.we werebuying fro a 3 rd party??
do u think its a small thing that we were not even buying directly from the oem??

SAB CHOR HAIN.....................u may scoff but its true
Unfortunately your contention is rather callous... I am on this forum one of the most vocal critic of drdo and MoD. My problem with your sweeping statements are quite simple,you are blaming DRDO for a system of inept management structure handed to them by MoD. And rather making a case for handouts to private sector based on no merit whatsoever...

My case has always remained no free rides, if the private sector wants to enter competition, man up, make your investment case and raise the capital for the venture, small arms systems have been one of the best avenues for investment, but the work is nada.....

Kirloskar Oil Engines is a good example who have been manufacturing marine engines, which are essentially pielstik engines for decades, They still dont have a system balance modelling software for predicting performance of thier engines, that tells you the level of product engineering. Similar examples exist for tata, mahindra, L&T, Bajaj, HM etc.

There are others who have done wonders like, Oxygen systems designed by KPCL, or Fire control test beds designed by a Local vendor for HAL Nsk, or fuel delivery system by BPCL for MKI, these have been brilliantly done by strategic outlook for the business and close co-operation....

If today DRDO decides to pay 1.5 times to TATA for the powerplant, they wont be able to develop it for similar system in 10 years...

Maybe it's time to go complete capitalist and let international companies like boeing, LM and Eads set up shop in India to compete in defence sectors...

if u think that then u may never see a private player ever,am sorry.
and ur point on private industry is not applicable simply because no big firm has entered the arena whole hartedly.
the other thing being if boeing and lm set up partnerships here we will never ever see an indian private player emerging.we will get tech from their jv's but never have ip to the tech per se.

drdo has achieved success in only missiles,rest of the stuff is either bought off shelf or made under tot like most of our radars.
so its natural to give concessions to industrialists to let them set shop,we will reap benefits later on with this initial govt subsidy.

i for one am rooting for rafale contract to go to reliance,no onr agrees but i am firm that it will help propel reliance in defence.if at all govt feels then it can keep tabs on them in rafale manufacture,sure

if u think that then u may never see a private player ever,am sorry.
and ur point on private industry is not applicable simply because no big firm has entered the arena whole hartedly.
the other thing being if boeing and lm set up partnerships here we will never ever see an indian private player emerging.we will get tech from their jv's but never have ip to the tech per se.

drdo has achieved success in only missiles,rest of the stuff is either bought off shelf or made under tot like most of our radars.
so its natural to give concessions to industrialists to let them set shop,we will reap benefits later on with this initial govt subsidy.

i for one am rooting for rafale contract to go to reliance,no onr agrees but i am firm that it will help propel reliance in defence.if at all govt feels then it can keep tabs on them in rafale manufacture,sure

you just proved my point........Although OT... i have a fleeting suspicion that your rhetoric sounds similar to another gentlemen under a different name i encountered on the forum... i may be mistaken but then again this seems to be the norm these days...

sorry to say but i am rather unique.lol
i don't care for what fanboys think,rhetoric is what u are trying(along with scores others here) without any proff whatso ever
stop living in speculatons and accept the reasons for failure of drdo,hal and bel to deliver.

everyone knows that BEL and OFB are total leeches and just survive on tot orders that they get to produce something without a shred of innovation.
drdo better,but ultimately need to improve
hal more or less like drdo

the worst psu award must go to gtre................
i don't care what ppl say,truth is all are getting kickbacks and no one wants private industry entry as it will eat away these kickbacks

Can't we still develop for export purpose ? :D

are u joking??
our own armed forces don't trust drdo stuff and u want exports,lol

+latest techs like advanced autoloader and lieghtweight traks and 3 member crew 125 MM smooth bore gun and some other latest trends in armour are already in works :cheers:

Source? Gurudattaji

are u joking??
our own armed forces don't trust drdo stuff and u want exports,lol

Armed forces have trusted AKASH and other Missiles more than expected so as many other systems.

autoloader??
smoothbore gun??which tank are we talking about here

Source? Gurudattaji

Armed forces have trusted AKASH and other Missiles more than expected so as many other systems.
see call a spade a spade,many have been rejected too
ofcourse successes too are there but we must weed out reasons for failure rather than boast the success

see call a spade a spade,many have been rejected too
ofcourse successes too are there but we must weed out reasons for failure rather than boast the success

Do not make a general statement than. Army may not be happy with some stuff so as air force since they apply different criterion for foreign and Desi stuff? Had they tested T 90 and Su 30 and laid down stringent criterion like Arjun and LCA? Hal have to work hard for 10 years to remove bugs from Su 30. There are so many problems with T 90 at present.

When they applied same criterion in MMRCA, even Mig 35, Grippen, F 16 and F 18 failed.

Back
Top Bottom