What's new

Arjun MK-2 tanks facing Smokey driver chamber in latest tests

FORCE visited the Combat Vehicles Research & Development Establishment (CVRDE) for an exclusive insight into the programme. We learnt that while the Arjun Mk-2 is substantially improved and more capable than the Arjun Mk-1; it is too heavy, limiting areas where it can be deployed by the Army. And that renders it unsuitable for the army’s operational requirements for a Main Battle Tank (MBT).

According to P Sivakumar, Director CVRDE, “the weight of the Arjun prevents it from being deployed in all the areas required by the Army”.

Keeping this in mind, the Arjun Mk-2’s improved performance seems to have put the Army in a spot. What does one do with a tank that is fast, can shoot accurately on the move and is relatively well protected but is too heavy to be deployed in the deserts near the Pakistan border as a replacement for the T-72 or T-90? Paradoxically, while the tank itself has demonstrated high speed and mobility, its weight precludes it from being able to operate anywhere the army wants it to.

The Arjun Mk-2 will weigh around 67 tonnes and this fatally limits the tank’s operational effectiveness for the Indian Army.The tank is too heavy to be deployed across the border with Pakistan.

It is unable to effectively traverse terrain filled with natural and/or artificial obstacles. Or areas criss-crossed with rivers and canals. That rules out most places in Rajasthan, Punjab and the mountainous terrain of the J&K sector.

use an exhaust fan..:azn:

images

:D

Simple solution.....put weed in the gunpowder and enjoy the smoke!

I do not think that there is much problem with Gun. I believe that in MKII they are using tried and tested gun. May be some small issues of packaging or Gasket will be there. It will be solved easily.

Arjun Mk2 will be an advanced piece of machinery, glitches like these are expected:

Some elements of the Mk2.

COAPS

Mobile Camouflage System
Leopard_2_with_Saab_Mobile_Multispectral_Mobile_Camouflage_System_001.jpg

Marder_1A5_Mobile_Camouflage_System_Barracuda.jpg

0f3b.jpg

Last edited:
from what i hear planners in MOD and CRDE are taking every minute detail into account and very soon there will be a new "son or arjun" which will be at least 6-8 tonnes lighter with latest techs + a better and lighter "kanchan" armour and a new lighter gun and thanks to israelies we will be getting all those goodies as seen on Arjun MK2 on the future tank till that comes owt they will keep rexamining and testing + perfecting these techs just weight for couple of years :cheers:

from what i hear planners in MOD and CRDE are taking every minute detail into account and very soon there will be a new "son or arjun" which will be at least 6-8 tonnes lighter with latest techs + a better and lighter "kanchan" armour and a new lighter gun and thanks to israelies we will be getting all those goodies as seen on Arjun MK2 on the future tank till that comes owt they will keep rexamining and testing + perfecting these techs just weight for couple of years :cheers:

tere mooh mein ghee shakkar!!...

tere mooh mein ghee shakkar!!...
+latest techs like advanced autoloader and lieghtweight traks and 3 member crew 125 MM smooth bore gun and some other latest trends in armour are already in works :cheers:

Can people give me quick update on Arjunk? People say they canceled this project because of high cost and failure.

Can people give me quick update on Arjunk? People say they canceled this project because of high cost and failure.
well MOD has already moved to next level though they will never admit but the arjun as we know eill never get into full production rather even this MK2 is just a test bed for the real thing

Self developed opinion or borrowed/brainwashed..?
not in this weather i prefer old monk XXX with cola now :D

My favorite:smitten:, I dont know how it tastes in north, Last ttime I tried old monk in Goa and Chennei, mumbai they were not upto the mark like Bangalore...and the factory is next to my house by the way:-)

Self developed opinion or borrowed/brainwashed..?

My favorite:smitten:, I dont know how it tastes in north, Last ttime I tried old monk in Goa and Chennei, mumbai they were not upto the mark like Bangalore...and the factory is next to my house by the way:-)
kya yaad dila diya yaar no city inindia can hold a candle to banglore when it comes tosuch ease of drinking and food is just superb i like the ones near MG road :D

kya yaad dila diya yaar no city inindia can hold a candle to banglore when it comes tosuch ease of drinking and food is just superb i like the ones near MG road :D

Come here sometimes, I have many special places here, where you can drink with no restrictions and enjoy a lot!.

Accha, how can I get your ID for social media in case I want to see you in my friendlist? how do you share that?

Back
Top Bottom