What's new

Arjun-II MBT development l Updates & discussion.

MLC-70+Modular+Bridge.jpg

DRDO's Modular Bridging System - Being produced by LnT
Waiting for the BLT version of the Arjun.

Sorry, I meant on the Mk.2 chassis.

Any ideas if the Mk.1 BLT is in service?

The changes in MK1, MK2 chassis is minimal at best, or wont make much difference.

I dont think it's in service. They're working on a armoured recovery vehicle at the moment. That will surely be inducted.

ARRV_zpsakistpxv.jpg

They only have a fail system on arjun for anti mine opps. They should make something like the Abram example.

zWDHZ1e.jpg

Anyway -----

Kanishka-Ukraine-push-edited---Defexpo-2016-in-Goa.jpg

The changes in MK1, MK2 chassis is minimal at best, or wont make much difference.

I dont think it's in service. They're working on a armoured recovery vehicle at the moment. That will surely be inducted.

ARRV_zpsakistpxv.jpg

They only have a fail system on arjun for anti mine opps. They should make something like the Abram example.

zWDHZ1e.jpg

Anyway -----

Kanishka-Ukraine-push-edited---Defexpo-2016-in-Goa.jpg
The Arjun BLT needs to enter service along with all other support vehicles otherwise the Arjun will never be fully operational in the IA and always be impared.

Hi , How many arjun mk2 have we ordered and how many are in service as of today ??

none, 110+ on order.

xTg2xuK.jpg

urOdDmw.gif
so saabji, when can we expect to see the first mk2s in service ?
And i read an article on another website that the design for the arjun was influenced by the german leopard tank . It said that the indian govtment hired the makers of the leopard tank as consultants in the arjun project . Is that true ?
Not that i see anything wrong in it . The leopard is a mighty fine tank to base the arjun's design on .

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/arjun-ii...dates-discussion.292466/page-52#ixzz46zEbLFIY

And i read an article on another website that the design for the arjun was influenced by the german leopard tank . It said that the indian govtment hired the makers of the leopard tank as consultants in the arjun project . Is that true ?
Not that i see anything wrong in it . The leopard is a mighty fine tank to base the arjun's design on .

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/arjun-ii...dates-discussion.292466/page-52#ixzz46zEbLFIY

Leopard;
image.jpeg

Arjun;
image.jpeg

Arjun again was designed by the Germans .. Too bad it's got a lot of flaws .. Good Indian army went for T-90s.

Leopard;
View attachment 302369

Arjun;
View attachment 302370

Arjun again was designed by the Germans .. Too bad it's got a lot of flaws .. Good Indian army went for T-90s.

They choose the German style design, there were other designs of Arjun out. Did the Germans also design this?

GIACh9K.jpg

This is one without the weak point, rejected by the army.

Yes, but there were many other designs there. Recently, a design that looks nothing like the early leo's was shown.

The new tank designs wont have that weak point, example with recent FMBT concept shown-

lwhKoOX.jpg

Back
Top Bottom