What's new

Arjun-II MBT development l Updates & discussion.

1555473_525517397545590_1783999253_n.jpg

i was expecting a local Indian version ERA on it, rather sad to see the Relikt. Unfortunately DRDO is still copying the Kontakt 1 series when its not appropriate. :(

i was expecting a local Indian version ERA on it, rather sad to see the Relikt. Unfortunately DRDO is still copying the Kontakt 1 series when its not appropriate. :(

It is locally made. But obviously influenced by Russian type.

This makes sense, India has been making T90s for a while now. And mark 2 was speced out, readied for trials very quickly.

jd4OSv9.jpg

0ry6pk9.jpg

3ANlH5B.jpg

N9DnTX3.jpg

Last edited:
It is locally made. But obviously influenced by Russian type.

This makes sense, India has been make T90s for a while now. And mark 2 was speced out, readied for trials very quickly.

jd4OSv9.jpg

0ry6pk9.jpg

3ANlH5B.jpg

N9DnTX3.jpg

nope, this is made by DRDO

erapanel.jpg

this is the one on Arjun...

T90TagilTorre_zpsa8aec6af.jpg

nope, this is made by DRDO

erapanel.jpg

this is the one on Arjun...

T90TagilTorre_zpsa8aec6af.jpg

Do you even know how massive those plates are on Arjun mark 2? It doesnt even look like a direct copy.

arjun+2+1.JPG

t90srussiaarmyrecogniti.jpg

It's probably double the size of the one on T-90 models too.

N9DnTX3.jpg

And the turret looks like it was cut up to arrange like it is. This is a custom made ERA plates for mark 2.

It's influenced by the Russian types, but it's locally made to fit the size.

If it was a direct copy, it wouldnt even look right.

Last edited:
Wouldn't we need Russian approval if the the ERA plates were Russian design/technology. But since in the foreign component list there isn't any mention of Russia, I believe the ERA are the one DRDO made, there was even a video couple of months ago of them testing the ERA plates.

Wouldn't we need Russian approval if the the ERA plates were Russian design/technology. But since in the foreign component list there isn't any mention of Russia, I believe the ERA are the one DRDO made, there was even a video couple of months ago of them testing the ERA plates.

ZTZ-99_main_battle_tank_China_ArmyRecognition_01.jpg

ztz99aaj_1.jpg

Chinese and Indians locally make similar ERA blocks that have origins to Russian designs.

Probably Eastern Europeans make similar ones too, to fit their own platforms.

you guys are funny, google "Relikt" and "Kontakt 5", they look similar but are a generation apart, the one on T-90S is Kontakt-5, the one on Arjun is Relikt, and it is NOT made by India, rather imported from Russia and put on for a parade. ;)

Chinese ERA is known as FY- series, google it too, but Chinese usually dont mount ERA on their type-99s, the pic above is additional composite layer at the front turret, not ERA.

Do you even know how massive those plates are on Arjun mark 2? It doesnt even look like a direct copy.

arjun+2+1.JPG

t90srussiaarmyrecogniti.jpg

It's probably double the size of the one on T-90 models too.

N9DnTX3.jpg

And the turret looks like it was cut up to arrange like it is. This is a custom made ERA plates for mark 2.

It's influenced by the Russian types, but it's locally made to fit the size.

If it was a direct copy, it wouldnt even look right.

prove your claim please, custom made ERA for Arjun :rofl:

you guys are funny, google "Relikt" and "Kontakt 5", they look similar but are a generation apart, the one on T-90S is Kontakt-5, the one on Arjun is Relikt, and it is NOT made by India, rather imported from Russia and put on for a parade. ;)

Simply not the cause, do I sense a little jelly going on?:lol:

prove your claim please, custom made ERA for Arjun :rofl:

How about you show that they are Russian Relikt imports from the ones on T-90MS?

They're not even the same dimensions.

And Mark 2, with those panels were shown before T-90MS.;)

The CGI was shown way back as 2011.

Broadsword: Heavier, more lethal Arjun tank poised for trials

And the prototype with those panels were shown before MS was even unveiled, dont be so jelly. :lol:

Last edited:
Simply not the cause, do I sense a little jelly going on?:lol:

How about you show that they are Russian Relikt imports from the ones on T-90MS?

They're not even the same dimensions.

And Mark 2, with those panels were shown before T-90MS.;)

The CGI was shown way back as 2011.

Broadsword: Heavier, more lethal Arjun tank poised for trials

And the prototype with those panels were shown before MS was even unveiled, dont be so jelly. :lol:

FIRST thing, Relikt ERA has been in service since late 90s so your point of it being newer than Arjun Mk2 is mute. MS is NOT the first tank with Relikt, in fact,T-90M had it back then. Google it ;)

Well, we have been making our own (AORAK series) for 12 years now so me being jealous? thats a good one :D

on the contrary, can you name the ERA made for Arjun Mk2, IF it is not Relikt? DRDO has a habit of putting everything on website you know, sigh, all they have is this...

DRDO::Life Sciences Engineering

I have matched the dimensions of this ERA and it is exact as Relikt. Refute with evidence please..

@Ayush - Yeh kiyaa drameiii baaziii haiii ? Your Arjun has such a bad color scheme ! :mad:

Bandaa koiii Aesthetics ka hiii khiyaal rakh leitaa haiii ! :hitwall:

Where are the Chrome Plated Wheel Cups, the Gun Metal Carbon Textured Body & the Spoilers to go with it that you promised ? :undecided:

I have some questions
1. Do we need mine plow for all the vehicles?
2. Are the sides protected?
3. As the tonnage is more, dont we need more powerful engine?

on the contrary, can you name the ERA made for Arjun Mk2, IF it is not Relikt? DRDO has a habit of putting everything on website you know, sigh, all they have is this...

DRDO::Life Sciences Engineering

None of the Indian PSU sites have a habit of updating anything. All look like half assed works.

Just look at the missile products. They even have missiles like Trishal that are long cancelled.

DRDO

Now, DRDO and India in general are transparent about where they get their things. Please provide us with a source saying it's relikt. Simple as that, otherwise, its an jellygasam. ;)

Last edited:
None of the Indian PSU sites have a habit of updating anything. All look like half assed works.

Just look at the missile products. They even have missiles like Trishal that are long cancelled.

DRDO

Now, DRDO and India in general are transparent about where they get their things. Please provide us with a source saying it's relikt. Simple as that, otherwise, its an jellygasam. ;)

not buying without source, indian website even update LCA flights, how can they not boast something as crucial as a sophisticated reactive armour? They bought it off the shelf and put it on Arjun, there is no shame in it.

not buying without source, indian website even update LCA flights, how can they not boast something as crucial as a sophisticated reactive armour? They bought it off the shelf and put it on Arjun, there is no shame in it.

Like I said, where is the source? And, no, I dont look at Indian PSU site ,period. Only sites that dont do half assed websites, are probably some private entities.

I can give you sources for sourced systems like the passive defense systems from Elbits, the commander sight, etc. These were stated before we even seen the tank.

Back
Top Bottom