What's new

Arihant to become operational soon

Any ideas about Powerplant output in Mw of upcoming sub.

One Arihant is equal to three nuclear subs since from which of our subs we fired nuclear tipped K-5s won't be ever know, well it may be one of the leased Akula or our Arihant herself, we are planning for leasing second Akula.

The Akula is a SSN, the Arihant is a SSBN.

Another Russian weapon :lol:
Wake me up when you can make your own subs, not these subs built by Russians with Russian components.

Time to wake up. (In more meanings than one.)

Because INS arihant is being built in India by Indians. It is not a Russian sub.

(By the way, how many Russian subs does your navy operate?)

Do you think the IN or MoD will publicly announce that it is going out on a patrol or that it has completed trials or anything major relating to this project?

Actually we will see formal induction ceremony. That would be enough for our friends to believe

I think K-15 will be tested from Arihant in coming month or two. That would be enough for me :D

Any ideas about Powerplant output in Mw of upcoming sub.

One Arihant is equal to three nuclear subs since from which of our subs we fired nuclear tipped K-5s won't be ever know, well it may be one of the leased Akula or our Arihant herself, we are planning for leasing second Akula.

dont think russians will allow a leased submarine to carry nuclear ballistic missiles

dont think russians will allow a leased submarine to carry nuclear ballistic missiles

You are trolling or is it possible to fire SLBM form SSN ???

Anyways there is no restriction on the use of Akula but I doubt that we have any decent CM to fire from it. E klubs we get from Russia are capable but we can't add N to them

You are trolling or is it possible to fire SLBM form SSK ???

Anyways there is no restriction on the use of Akula but I doubt that we don't have any decent CM to fire from it. E klubs we get from Russia are capable but we can't add N to them

no i am not trolling..My knowledge of Akula class is limited...
But now that i have checked..it turns out that Akula class does not have any capability of carrying a ballistic missile.
Can only fire cruise missiles..Even that wont be allowed by Russian under international arms control treaties...

India's only platform capable of a credible second strike will be Arihant.

man that leased russian submarine is SSN actually so anyway it can not carry ballastic missiles as it's not designed to.

man that leased russian submarine is SSN actually so anyway it can not carry ballastic missiles as it's not designed to.
some other member was claiming that and i replied..
But saying that...Arihant is 8000 tonner?
Qing and Golf class both are/were smaller than Akula class but carried ballistic missiles.

But now that i have checked..it turns out that Akula class does not have any capability of carrying a ballistic missile.
Can only fire cruise missiles..Even that wont be allowed by Russian under international arms control treaties...

Chalo toh Brahmos 500km wala hi naya version fire kar lenge.

Everything is fair in love n war..Russia ko baad me dekh lenge pehle apni jaan bacha toh le.

300km missile pass though it. But I agree 300km isn't a good struck range. I hope our SLCM project materialise ASAP.
Till we have to be contain by K-15

700km range with full size warhead
1000km range with half size warhead. That should be enogh.

Everything is fair in love n war..Russia ko baad me dekh lenge pehle apni jaan bacha toh le.

with conventional warhead..yes.
but not with nuclear warheads
But then there is no evidence of Akula class being modified for carrying Brahmos VLS,as Brahmos is too wide for being fired from torpedo tubes

Brahmos is VL missile so can't be fired from torpedo tube. We have to modify subs in order to accommodate it. May be in P75A

Back
Top Bottom