What's new

Arguments of choosing JF-17 Thunder over JAS-39 Gripen

Is this thread JFT Vs Mig 29 or JFT vs Gripen?

originally it was a comparison of the Gripen and the JFT but somehow it got changed into a MiG-29 comparison with the JFT you can thank user zialusislam for the change of direction the thread

speculation indeed if i'm not mistaken the JFT BLK2 will be equipped with a brand new ECM and EW suite correct?

Yes.. the current one is fairly good as well. But the next step is to use active arrays. The new suite then gets retrofitted to the block I's.

You guys are feeding one troll on this thread and some other members are feeding another one on the other thread.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/naval-forces/109829-pakistan-navy-interested-j-11bs-19.html

How many times do i have to say this, once more anyway, to Indians whatever Chinese is shiet, whatever Russian is = awesome.

JF-17, J-10,J-11s, WS-10 etc etc are shiet and waste of time, while Su-30MKI, Zhuk, Mig-29s, Bars etc etc areall Alien technology.

Knowing this mentality, why do you guys waste your time and let the thread get derailed ????

Call it a fruitless search for an amicable debate with someone from the eastern border..
Although this search has given pleasant results from time to time.

Speculation correct.. but then I think the term should be changed to a light weight fighter than using the term single engine..
The AT-38 used for aggressor training regularly outfly's F-16's.
Moreover.. a single engine mig-23 will usually end up as a snack for a twin engined F-15 in a dogfight.
So twin or single engines aren't a good classification for maneuverability or performance.

I remember once Sir Chogy's post where he was pitched up against a rookie F-16 pilot in AT-38 and had some ideas in mind to defeat F-16. But what he wrote that despite the errors committed by the rookie, F-16 'absorbed' all his errors and finished him.

You guys are feeding one troll on this thread and some other members are feeding another one on the other thread.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/naval-forces/109829-pakistan-navy-interested-j-11bs-19.html

How many times do i have to say this, once more anyway, to Indians whatever Chinese is shiet, whatever Russian is = awesome.

JF-17, J-10,J-11s, WS-10 etc etc are shiet and waste of time, while Su-30MKI, Zhuk, Mig-29s, Bars etc etc areall Alien technology.

Knowing this mentality, why do you guys waste your time and let the thread get derailed ????
yes u r right
any thread about chinese tech vs western & us the result will be the same western tech is superior than chinese
rafeala is superior than j10 and j11s
gripen is superior than jf17
imagine one day they will say su30 mk1 is far superior than jxx

I remember once Sir Chogy's post where he was pitched up against a rookie F-16 pilot in AT-38 and had some ideas in mind to defeat F-16. But what he wrote that despite the errors committed by the rookie, F-16 'absorbed' all his errors and finished him.

20 years in the design philosophy..has to show... yet there are other cases.. I know another F-15 pilot who was recently flying A-10's. His mention of being outclassed by the AT-38 was fresh in my mind.(although he mentioned it was only once).
In any case.. the debate had slipped into single engined vs twin engined.. which I meant to clarify.

i brought mig29 just for fact it shares an engine with jf-17..which is crappy by indian standards yet rd 33 seems to be a favorite engine of both indians and aboard

while comparing aircrafts we have to understand that a light fighter is suppose to have a lighter radar with fewer capablites in engagement mode because it carries fewer BVR missiles..
grippen NG is not yet ready for induction ..its better to compare it with Block2 of jf-17..
Grippen NG will have a newer engine with thrust around 100..jf-17 will still use the same engine , the thrust of which recently became an issue in forums when zhaui airshow poster showed it at 98kn for max thrust..

i brought mig29 just for fact it shares an engine with jf-17..which is crappy by indian standards yet rd 33 seems to be a favorite engine of both indians and aboard

while comparing aircrafts we have to understand that a light fighter is suppose to have a lighter radar with fewer capablites in engagement mode because it carries fewer BVR missiles..
grippen NG is not yet ready for induction ..its better to compare it with Block2 of jf-17..
Grippen NG will have a newer engine with thrust around 100..jf-17 will still use the same engine , the thrust of which recently became an issue in forums when zhaui airshow poster showed it at 98kn for max thrust..

you do realize the engine used on the JF-17 is the RD-93 while the one used on the MiG-29 is the RD-33MK and the RD-33 series 3??? the modern MiG-29's use the Series 3 or the MK versions of the RD-33

you do realize the engine used on the JF-17 is the RD-93 while the one used on the MiG-29 is the RD-33MK and the RD-33 series 3??? the modern MiG-29's use the Series 3 or the MK versions of the RD-33

I think you misunderstood him.
He means to say that for some of your countrymen.. the RD-33(as the 93) on the JF-17 is the worst possible engine on a fighter with all sorts of issues.
Yet on the IAF mig-29UPG and on the Mig-29K in IN service its the most reliable piece of engine tech ever made.

I think you misunderstood him.
He means to say that for some of your countrymen.. the RD-33(as the 93) on the JF-17 is the worst possible engine on a fighter with all sorts of issues.
Yet on the IAF mig-29UPG and on the Mig-29K in IN service its the most reliable piece of engine tech ever made.

well the series 3 and 33MK have higher thrust than the RD-93 but i believe the JFT will only be powered by the 93 engines until they are fitted with the WS-13 engines

well the series 3 and 33MK have higher thrust than the RD-93 but i believe the JFT will only be powered by the 93 engines until they are fitted with the WS-13 engines
AFAIK, Russians did put up their RD-33MK at Zuhai this year. For whom would they brought their RD-class, higher thrust derivative?:hint:........

AFAIK, Russians did put up their RD-33MK at Zuhai this year. For whom would they brought their RD-class, higher thrust derivative?:hint:........

for the north koreans super hovercraft hybrid 7th gen fighter jet!!!! :lol:

back to topic i thought WS-13 would be on future JF-17?

Every now and again some one hits the pedal and disrupts a thread or two out of the way. Either stay focused on topic or things will get bad. Mods are keeping a close eye on drift.

So in short which 1 is btter....Grippen or JF17 thunder

what about Groppen NG and block 2 of JF17 thunder...

DO you guys think it can compete it..?

Back
Top Bottom