What's new

Are You Ready Folks ! It's That Time of The Year ! Pakistan Day fly-past rehearsals

That looks like that he screwed up a bit. Either way they are no longer having OCs to fly the demos anymore. Not after last year's incident.
I believe it's an old video with W/C Azman Khalil at the controls while rehearsing of the air display.

Should relegate the hard demos to JF-17s. F-16s flight hours should be reserved for actual air defence.

@Windjammer you may have the video of 1 of Thunder crazy rehearsal over Islamabad, from last year when a comment from the ground was passed like that's crazy stuff.

A definite display of courage and skills.

But

These maneuvers are very risky especially at such low altitude and highly buildup areas. We Know very well what can go wrong. A simple flypast will do as far as the 23rd March parade is concerned.

If PAF really wants to create some excitement/buzz they should conduct such maneuvers in a safer envirnoment at a higer altitude, make some High-quality videos, and release them via social media.

If they want to increase people's engagement for the sake of PR & Recruitment then they should consider steps like increasing School/College trips to PAF bases or open Days at PAF bases for common folks.
I agree . if at all they must be done really high in the sky.

At 1:07 while completing the Cuban 8 he literally went at tree top level, that's way too risky.
As we know that until now, all the Thunder Jocks have been senior pilots and they tend to push it to extremes.

1615751923478.png

1615751995021.png

1615752062319.png

i hope they get some decent people on camera this time :/

The following is a video which was shot hand held by myself, i managed to mostly keep the video stable and the subject (Viper) within frame, if an armature can do this with hand held without any gimble why can't PTV camera people with bloody expensive equipment can do a proper job

P.S last few seconds that Viper jockey went REALLY low and now after WC Noman incident it send shivers down my spine watching it, if i am not wrong it was one month before his Shahadat?

i hope they get some decent people on camera this time :/

The following is a video which was shot hand held by myself, i managed to mostly keep the video stable and the subject (Viper) within frame, if an armature can do this with hand held without any gimble why can't PTV camera people with bloody expensive equipment can do a proper job

P.S last few seconds that Viper jockey went REALLY low and now after WC Noman incident it send shivers down my spine watching it, if i am not wrong it was one month before his Shahadat?

I thought he almost crashed at the end. Probably lapse of misjudgment or error.
As we know that until now, all the Thunder Jocks have been senior pilots and they tend to push it to extremes.

View attachment 724591

View attachment 724592

View attachment 724594
If they are experienced and being unsafe, it makes them just as unsafe as a junior pilot. Still with JF-17 public demos on March 23rd they have been displaying aggressively and safely. Chances are the camera position and angles give out other impressions.

If they are experienced and being unsafe, it makes them just as unsafe as a junior pilot. Still with JF-17 public demos on March 23rd they have been displaying aggressively and safely. Chances are the camera position and angles give out other impressions.
Just as it did in the above video. :)

I would have the pucker factor going on in a simulator so I can’t imagine what his heart rate hit - must have been a more sweaty helmet after landing.

Goes back to the lack of demo pilot situation - even regional USAF has dedicated drivers on their demo(PACAF) who get 5+ flights in a much more controlled and less risky space than Viper demo or T-Birds.

Doesn’t mean its a bad pilot, just not trained for that performance. While it all looks cool and stuff like DCS has folks thinking that most can pull off the SA and maneuvering - what is lost is the sheer physical strain of it. One wrong head placement and you have arthritis in the neck for life or worse.

Well, regret to say, you seem to find faults in everything that PAF does so i guess that only leaves UAEAF with perfection.
I actually meant in the video. Did you not see the link where one of the members filmed it.

Are you serious with that comment or was it to somehow mock and insult a bit.
I would have the pucker factor going on in a simulator so I can’t imagine what his heart rate hit - must have been a more sweaty helmet after landing.

Goes back to the lack of demo pilot situation - even regional USAF has dedicated drivers on their demo(PACAF) who get 5+ flights in a much more controlled and less risky space than Viper demo or T-Birds.

Doesn’t mean its a bad pilot, just not trained for that performance. While it all looks cool and stuff like DCS has folks thinking that most can pull off the SA and maneuvering - what is lost is the sheer physical strain of it. One wrong head placement and you have arthritis in the neck for life or worse.
Absolutely. There is always a risk to it. In the 90s when PAF bases hosted air shows across the country, they'd have multiple Viper demos. Operational pilots often would perform the aerobatics twice a day.

One of the demos, a pilot had his G-suit ripped while in a tight turn. It was such a situation as it ripped on the right side which pressed the against the stick. It caused the aircraft to roll. Pilot immediately exited his demo and landed. Fortunately he had enough height to recover.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom