What's new

Are You Ready Folks ! It's That Time of The Year ! Pakistan Day fly-past rehearsals

Sound pollution or music to the ears?
Even the commercial flights are halted in Korea during the national school exams. We should display our military might but i am not in favor of risky aerobatics our cities.

Even the commercial flights are halted in Korea during the national school exams. We should display our military might but i am not in favor of risky aerobatics our cities.
I am all for it. Love going to the airshows here in California anytime I get the chance. There is a lot to gain for the public and consequently the air force through these displays and airshows.
Fighters are going to crash one way or another. That is a fact of life and PAF, like any other professional air force is fully cognizant of that fact and seems to accept the risks involved.

I am all for it. Love going to the airshows here in California anytime I get the chance. There is a lot to gain for the public and consequently the air force through these displays and airshows.
Fighters are going to crash one way or another. That is a fact of life and PAF, like any other professional air force is fully cognizant of that fact and seems to accept the risks involved.
The Americans are not as civilized as the Koreans or the Europeans

I am strongly against such flypast over populous areas. Ignoring the sound pollution there are strict safety concerns as we lost WG Noman last year. He could have ejected but tried to save the population.

View attachment 723370
No. The parades should go on by tradition. His mistake costed him his life but there were no civilians on the ground. Enough of the hypothetical scenarios. Inside they have concluded it was pilot error.

He could have ejected but he tried saving the jet ahead of his life. It happens. He's human.

The parade shall go on......

PAF should do a re-enactment of Feb 27th, Shave Fazlu Abhinandan style and put him in an F-7
he will do it only if you promise him a seat at the govt table.

Last edited:
⛈️
IMG_20210310_121023.jpg
IMG_20210310_121021.jpg

No. The parades should go on by tradition. His mistake costed him his life but there were no civilians on the ground. Enough of the hypothetical scenarios. Inside they have concluded it was pilot error.

He could have ejected but he tried saving the jet ahead of his life. It happens. He's human.

The parade shall go on......
It's easy to blame the individual who is not here, from the crash video we can see that till the last moment of his life he tried to land the aircraft. This was a quite similar F-16 crash, but the pilot was able to eject as it was over an unpopulated area.

A similar incident happened in1989 when an Indian pilot crashed a Mirage 2000 in Delhi during aerobatic maneuvering after that they didn't allowed risky maneuvers over the cities.

I agree the parade should go on, but the unnecessary risk should not be taken to avoid any loss of human lives.

Last edited:
Yes pilots make mistakes, but such a mistake from a top gun is undigestable.

View attachment 723629
I hope you are aware that he was human. That line of work has killed the best. Almost all Viper drivers who had to eject or had fatal accidents in PAF one way or another were top graduates in their courses.

Last edited:
His mistake costed him his life but there were no civilians on the ground. Enough of the hypothetical scenarios. Inside they have concluded it was pilot error.
And your arm chair provides you the perfect vantage point to make these conclusion? You have to be at a certain level to have the right to criticize people like the WC, no one on pdf including you or I for that matter is at that level. So don't kid yourself by trying to sound all business like you know even the abcs of combat aviation and acrobatics or somehow have the inside scoop on what the AF has concluded.

And your arm chair provides you the perfect vantage point to make these conclusion? You have to be at a certain level to have the right to criticize people like the WC, no one on pdf including you or I for that matter is at that level. So don't kid yourself by trying to sound all business like you know even the abcs of combat aviation and acrobatics or somehow have the inside scoop on what the AF has concluded.
I am fortunate to have worked on the Viper as an FTE. Please do not mistake it as myself to put on the same level as them. And being critical is in the form of a progression to rest that said case than to increase posts and threads. In no manner is being critical to be taken as insulting or similar. My criticism is more on the side where we would not want to see this happen to anyone else.

Chill out. That conclusion yes is word of mouth from those who were in the same squadron. Personally it is unfortunate that he never made it home, I would have preferred the Viper going down with him punching out and making it back to his family, squadron and service.

Cheers !!!

I am fortunate to have worked on the Viper as an FTE. Please do not mistake it as myself to put on the same level as them. And being critical is in the form of a progression to rest that said case than to increase posts and threads. In no manner is being critical to be taken as insulting or similar. My criticism is more on the side where we would not want to see this happen to anyone else.

Chill out. That conclusion yes is word of mouth from those who were in the same squadron. Personally it is unfortunate that he never made it home, I would have preferred the Viper going down with him punching out and making it back to his family, squadron and service.

Cheers !!!

Where the tolerance between life and death is in the order of seconds, there is no such thing as 'master'. Everyone is on the same level, because everyone is human. An oversight of few seconds WILL take the life, no matter if it is a seasoned wing commander or a newly minted pilot.

Back
Top Bottom