What's new

Are You Ready Folks ! It's That Time of The Year ! Pakistan Day fly-past rehearsals

SAAB Erieye over The Centaurus Mall .

1615662865259.png

One of the craziest Viper demo by any PAF pilot

A definite display of courage and skills.

But

These maneuvers are very risky especially at such low altitude and highly buildup areas. We Know very well what can go wrong. A simple flypast will do as far as the 23rd March parade is concerned.

If PAF really wants to create some excitement/buzz they should conduct such maneuvers in a safer envirnoment at a higer altitude, make some High-quality videos, and release them via social media.

If they want to increase people's engagement for the sake of PR & Recruitment then they should consider steps like increasing School/College trips to PAF bases or open Days at PAF bases for common folks.

A definite display of courage and skills.

But

These maneuvers are very risky especially at such low altitude and highly buildup areas. We Know very well what can go wrong. A simple flypast will do as far as the 23rd March parade is concerned.

If PAF really wants to create some excitement/buzz they should conduct such maneuvers in a safer envirnoment at a higer altitude, make some High-quality videos, and release them via social media.

If they want to increase people's engagement for the sake of PR & Recruitment then they should consider steps like increasing School/College trips to PAF bases or open Days at PAF bases for common folks.
I hope they can at least stop using the MLUs and C/Ds for this stuff. Why not use the ADFs at least (and that way we don't put the high-cost radars, TDLs, ECM, JHMCS, etc at risk?)

I hope they can at least stop using the MLUs and C/Ds for this stuff. Why not use the ADFs at least (and that way we don't put the high-cost radars, TDLs, ECM, JHMCS, etc at risk?)

The moment we start thinking like that is the moment we stop becoming the PAF. Yes, the pilots and equipment is at risk as we continually push them to their very limits. Train hard, fight easy. It has obviously been an ethos that has paid off. I appreciate what you mean about the consdierations around a public parade/

The moment we start thinking like that is the moment we stop becoming the PAF. Yes, the pilots and equipment is at risk as we continually push them to their very limits. Train hard, fight easy. It has obviously been an ethos that has paid off. I appreciate what you mean about the consdierations around a public parade/
I see a spectrum. Next to actual operational use, training is the most important. So, in terms of training, drills, exercises, and even accumulating flight hours, I'm fine with heavy usage.

However, aerobatics are at the end of the spectrum, and there's really no reason to use a precious combat asset for the role. Moreover, we even lost one of these F-16s under these circumstances, and we probably won't be able to replace it (unless our ties with the US turn again).

Back
Top Bottom