What's new

Are you Eligible for Marriage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: sur
@sur nice post except the Divorce bit....

Since marriage is a big issue....Divorce is not to be taken lightly....

There are ACTUALLY 3 stages leading to a divorce which an average south Asian has no idea...All they know is 3 talaq...What they do not know is how it is brought about...

Saying 3 talaq at the same time is not even allowed! Yet it is common practice! Of course because that is easier than the Quranic practice!

Step 1: Announce it to one another, as a contract (legal divorce)

For example, Allah addresses men asking them to try hard to keep the marriage, even if they dislike their wives:
... live with them on a footing of kindness and equity. If ye take a dislike to them it may be that ye dislike a thing, and God brings about through it a great deal of good.
- Surah 4 Verse 19
Also the following verse is addressed to women asking them the same thing:
If a wife fears cruelty or desertion on her husband's part, there is no blame on them if they arrange an amicable settlement between themselves; ...
- Surah 4 Verse 128

Step 2: try to reconcile:

Again, the following verse is addressed to the family or the society for the same purpose of rescuing this bond, which God did not make easy to break:
If ye fear a breach between them twain, appoint (two) arbiters, one from his family, and the other from hers; if they wish for peace, God will cause their reconciliation: For God hath full knowledge, and is acquainted with all things.
- Surah 4 Verse 35But, if after exhausting all methods of reconciliation, the hatred between the husband and wife is still greater than tolerance, then divorce becomes inevitable

Step 3: divorce

And after that SOME SCHOOLS OF THOUGHT:
If a couple decides to reconcile, after the divorce is finalized, they must start over with a new contract and a new dowry (mahr). To prevent damaging yo-yo relationships, there is a limit on how many times the same couple may marry and divorce. If a couple decides to remarry after a divorce, this can only be done twice. The Quran says, "Divorce is to be given two times, and then (a woman) must be retained in good manner or released gracefully.” (Quran 2:229)

After divorcing and remarrying twice, if the couple then decides to divorce again, it is clear that there is a major problem in the relationship! Therefore in Islam, after the third divorce, the couple may not remarry again. First the woman must seek fulfillment in marriage to a different man. Only after she is divorced or widowed from this second marriage partner, would it be possible for her to reconcile again with her first husband if they choose.

This may seem like a strange rule, but it serves two main purposes. First, the first husband is less likely to initiate a third divorce in a frivolous manner, knowing that the decision is irrevocable. One will act with more careful consideration. Secondly, it may be that the two individuals were simply not a good match for each other. The wife may find happiness in a different marriage. Or she may realize, after experiencing marriage with someone else, that the 1st husband was a blessing.... WALLAH HU ALAAM...

Another thing about divorce which NO ONE LOOKS INTO:

A man who divorces his wife must be adult and sane.
Similarly, a man should divorce of his own free will, therefore, if someone compels him to divorce his wife, that divorce will be void.
It is also necessary that a man seriously intends to divorce; therefore, if he pronounces the formula of divorce jokingly, the divorce will not be valid.

@Talon Sis :enjoy:
i see , u brought up
""some schools of thought""
its not ignorable :D or is it? :D

Another thing which I know many women are unaware of is their HAQ MEHR

First, the mahr is the dowry given to the bride at the time of marriage before consummation takes place

THIS IS FARZ
However, any woman asking about her mahr is said to want to divorce...What sick mentality is that?

Another thing which I know many women are unaware of is their HAQ MEHR

THIS IS FARZ
However, any woman asking about her mahr is said to want to divorce...What sick mentality is that?
welcome to the subcontinent :D :D

@Sur

Thank you for the post and mentioning me. I agree with you that Pakistani-style weddings are just a nuisance. I remember being in a wedding recently where the girls were wearing, as expected, revealing dresses. When the Nikah Nama was being signed and the prayer being recited, everyone had scarf over their head. As soon as they said Ameen, the scarves flew off, the DJ started to play his music and the mujra started.

It is absurd yet hilarious the way Pakistani weddings are. They start in the name of Allah and end up with Mujra.

@Sur

Thank you for the post and mentioning me. I agree with you that Pakistani-style weddings are just a nuisance. I remember being in a wedding recently where the girls were wearing, as expected, revealing dresses. When the Nikah Nama was being signed and the prayer being recited, everyone had scarf over their head. As soon as they said Ameen, the scarves flew off, the DJ started to play his music and the mujra started.

It is absurd yet hilarious the way Pakistani weddings are. They start in the name of Allah and end up with Mujra.
Welcome to pakistani Society :D

Its very painfull and sad :sad:

what are you saying we dont understand you you r imposing your talibanist sharia of producing 5 kids . we will nt produce a single kid ok switz mothers dont reproduce bcos of education which tells them about pregnancy induced hypertension
@zainabfatima same people cry in old people's home for not having kids or not making good citizens out of their kids....

BTW, you can get hypertension from other means too...not just pregnancy...

Welcome to pakistani Society :D

Its very painfull and sad :sad:
This reminds me of one of PTI's song 'Uth Jawana' where a line says 'Aethay cheeni vi mahengi, aethay aata vi mahenga, per meri mulk di dulhan pawey panch panch lakh da lahenga' "This is a country where essential utilities are expensive yet brides wear dresses worth five hundred thousand Rupee."

Alpha1 shouldn't you be offline and preparing for exam instead of being on the marriage thread
oye. Say that in naswaristan and i will be off in a few hours.. And il give my id to my bro.. 90% he wil use it!

Dont tease him :D

This reminds me of one of PTI's song 'Uth Jawana' where a line says 'Aethay cheeni vi mahengi, aethay aata vi mahenga, per meri mulk di dulhan pawey panch panch lakh da lahenga' "This is a country where essential utilities are expensive yet brides wear dresses worth five hundred thousand Rupee."
but individualy we should change and try to bring a better society

pakistan cant afford to have even a single kid pakistan has 18 crroe population switzerland has 50 lac rate of having children in switzerland is very low but muslims of pakstan keep reproducing 5,12,15 children

@zainabfatima it is not for YOU to decide...it is Switz loss...what is even the point of your post? Troll?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom