What's new

Are we wrong about Pakistan?

Its funny because majority of the people who come to Pakistan end up enjoying their stay and find out all the negative propaganda the media does towards Pakistan is false.

even my experience during my Stay in Islamabad and Lahore was quite good , though I must say some mullahs and shopkeepers do harbour negativity if you tell them that you are from India
infact some guy at Hafeez center in islamabad , did try to con me out of some 12000 PKR , by over charging on some items , but one Pakistani poster on PDF saved me from loss by warning me against making the purchase from that store

even my experience during my Stay in Islamabad and Lahore was quite good , though I must say some mullahs and shopkeepers do harbour negativity if you tell them that you are from India
infact some guy at Hafeez center in islamabad , did try to con me out of some 12000 PKR , by over charging on some items , but one Pakistani poster on PDF saved me from loss by warning me against making the purchase from that store

I'm glad you had a good stay.

I'm sure that same thing would happen to a Pakistani in India too. For the most part Indian visitors are treated nicely and are welcomed (that goes for people for any country)

Where did you get "10 years" from. Its only been the past 3 or 4 years. The former soviet union got it for more than 20 years

no mam,this process is started from 2002..
soviet union was never known for the reasons which pakistan is blamed for.

just let me search a clip,i will post with in seconds.

no mam,this process is started from 2002..
soviet union was never known for the reasons which pakistan is blamed for.

just let me search a clip,i will post with in seconds.

No this started like in 2007/2008.

No this started like in 2007/2008.

It started in 2002/2003 but no one was buying it.. but from 2006/2007 .. when TTP and Afghan Taliban got more active and drone strikes ..

It is called a wrong image. If all the crap that was said about Pakistan was true then we wouldn't have articles like this.

Either way, hes right...its the perception that counts and we really haven't sold our side of the story to the outside world...or have we ?

They do it to us Pakistanis too. I remember I brought home a pair of tyres for the car and I had overpaid by about PKR 3000, my dad naturally was furious. The moral of the story...if you're the kind who can be conned....you will be, irrespective of where you come from.

Pakistan sure is known for being hospitable and warm to people travelling from India. The only problem with Pakistan is the image and it is left to the people and govt to change that.

Pakistan sure is known for being hospitable and warm to people travelling from India. The only problem with Pakistan is the image and it is left to the people and govt to change that.

Pakistan everyday people are incredibly hospital - its only extremism and the anti muslim propoganda media machine are desperate to knock Pakistan. Dude - also a few global internet warriors on here tend to get really excitable too!

I live in Norway and have meet many norwegian who visited Pakistan in past or 2000 - 2012. Despite all bad news every single of them want to visit Pakistan once more. Most ppl i have working in companies like Telenor , Simens etc. I meet a 80 years old pair who has been in swat 2 times for SKI. I meet them on train in Oslo on there way to airport to join SKI contest for elders in Germany.

EVERY ONE WANT TO VISIT PAKISTAN ONCE AGAIN.

you all know the proverb (kahawat) of Urdu/Hindi. Right? the one that says:
---- Bud Achcha, Bud-naam bura
(better to be a one time criminal, than being constantly accused of a crime that you may not have comitted)

Us Pakistanis worry day and night that our younger brothers, our family members, our sons and daughters keep the good name for themselves, because it reflrects on the whole family.

We make sure they dress appropriately, speak properly, and have good manners at the dining table.
Kids must not swear and curse, do their home work, and be respectful to their teachers and to their elders.

why,

Because we all know that our near ones and dear ones must keep their good reputation. This is especially true about girls and women, but so is the case about boys and men too.

But for some gad-awful reason, we forget all these golden rules when it comes to our beautiful country.

We spread around rumors and innuendo without an iota of proof,

We accuse others of corruption based on mere speculation.

We support draconian laws like blasphemy for the dead and even non-humans like religious books.

But then we turn around and blaspheme each other, curse each other, and kill each other based on some made up story.

then if people get a bad image of our country, we turn around and innocently ask. Why it is so Johnny? why is it so?

The only reason I see is that we do not see the connection between rules for our family members and the application of the same golden rule of keeping the good name, the good image for our country.

Hopefully one day we will understand this and then only then we'll protect the reputation of our country just like we protect the reputation of our mothers, our sisters, our daughters, and our sons and brothers. Only then!

peace

in Pakistan 1st vonferm price through asking from 5-6 shops.....
these things happens also with Pakistanis...
try to Purchase from store fron where prices r fixed and price stickers are on all goods...

They do it to us Pakistanis too. I remember I brought home a pair of tyres for the car and I had overpaid by about PKR 3000, my dad naturally was furious. The moral of the story...if you're the kind who can be conned....you will be, irrespective of where you come from.

So you are the type which can be conned :P Humme bhi bathao....hum bhi thoda aap ko con karein :P yahan par bhi thode sikke fenka karo!

Every thing is going bad in these days. I Can't understand what I do for me and my living country Pakistan.

After a trip round Lahore’s old town she said: “I could not have imagined seeing some of the sights I have seen today. They were indefinable and left me feeling totally humbled and totally privileged.” She concluded: “All I would say is: ‘Mothers-in-law of the world, unite and go to Pakistan. Because you’ll love it’. Honestly!”

Are we wrong about Pakistan? - Telegraph
I agree 100%. All this crap about the whole of Pakistan being in a state of utter chaos and a so called 'failed state' is baloney. Except for Karachi where I've not been to as yet, and some places in the Northwest, things seem to be just like any other city in India.

Lahore was an eyeopener! Indians are treated as guests and some even refused to accept money, especially the kabab wallahs in Anarkali Bazaar! :woot: The youngsters especially were full of fun and frolic and there was no sign of any tension. Terror seemed a universe away.

And the women out there are breathtaking! :wub:

So when we imagine Pakistan we visualize it to be flooded with terrorists, bombs, and chaos. That's far from reality. I recommend you guys go there and see it for yourself.

Back
Top Bottom