What's new

Are These Brand New Rafales !

RB 003 two seater was the test bed/trainer for India specific modifications and has been flying since April. Tests included supersonic runs, so its not unusual for the paint to peel off due to parasitic drag.
at least they should repaint it before sending them to india.but maybe india was in a hurry because of Ladakh fiasco. after all, these are millions of dollar planes.
and nice catch windy.

What's up with the paintjob?

It does look clumsy. Arent these supposedly new planes?

EeUfaUzXkAEmHcJ

The tail looks so flaky, it's annoying. This is a new jet that just arrived?

NOT CRASH YET :p::p::p::p: peace

the rafael is off the selves old used stock as it was emergency as of the china india clashes

India Rafael Pls do attack Pakistan as i want to see who will make the TEA this TIME

First Aircraft received way back in September 2019 itself. (And IAF pilots were getting trained on that particular aircraft.
But I can understand your condition, just go and purchase something on soft loan. Fighter like Rafales need hard earned money.

https://theprint.in/defence/iaf-rec...in-france-to-be-inducted-on-8-october/294796/

The Indian Air Force recently took delivery of five Rafale fighter aircraft.
These are said to be brand new aircraft but compared to French Air Force jets, a close look reveals either a poor or old paint job on IAF aircraft.

View attachment 657495

e75a49e777ceede73ba146fedc630189.jpg

NOT CRASH YET :p::p::p::p: peace

the rafael is off the selves old used stock as it was emergency as of the china india clashes

India Rafael Pls do attack Pakistan as i want to see who will make the TEA this TIME

Sure will be provide tea to your countryman before shooting them on border whenever they try to cross Indian border from next time onward.

Just recently 3-4 send to jahannum.
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020...bangladeshis-year-report-200708104609757.html

Ontopic - These fighters were are not purchased with soft loan or aid money. There should be some valid reason for that rip of paint otherwise IAF couldn't accept it a first place.
Might be IAF pilots were getting trained on that particular aircraft.

First Aircraft received way back in September 2019 itself. (And IAF pilots were getting trained on that particular aircraft.
But I can understand your condition, just go and purchase something on soft loan. Fighter like Rafales need hard earned money.

https://theprint.in/defence/iaf-rec...in-france-to-be-inducted-on-8-october/294796/
Damn its been whole ten months since last september...must have been tested in sand storms or as you are a genius in the subject, it must be that those aircraft purchased with hard cash come with a bad paint job.

Since its RB003, can someone also post pics of RB001,02,04,05.

RB 003 two seater was the test bed/trainer for India specific modifications and has been flying since April. Tests included supersonic runs, so its not unusual for the paint to peel off due to parasitic drag.
Must have put in through some turbulence that even the panels came off or did it need service after few months or maybe its an old jet that was refurbished.

117076665_3205252112895063_8025240314656458796_n.jpg

Sure will be provide tea to your countryman before shooting them on border whenever they try to cross Indian border from next time onward.

Just recently 3-4 send to jahannum.
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020...bangladeshis-year-report-200708104609757.html

Ontopic - These fighters were are not purchased with soft loan or aid money. There should be some valid reason for that rip of paint otherwise IAF couldn't accept it a first place.
Might be IAF pilots were getting trained on that particular aircraft.

Carrier jets look in a better condition. It's tail looks like as if it's barely holding on.

The Indian Air Force recently took delivery of five Rafale fighter aircraft.
These are said to be brand new aircraft but compared to French Air Force jets, a close look reveals either a poor or old paint job on IAF aircraft.

View attachment 657495

e75a49e777ceede73ba146fedc630189.jpg

Certainly not to pile on my Indian friends, I was also wondering the same exact thing when I first saw the original tweet of the 3 aircraft flying and the paint peeling was really obvious to see as well as it was obvious that these are not brand new aircraft and they must've made a deal in order to expedite the arrival of the first few aircraft was to take those few from the existing inventory of L'Armee De L'Aire which is quite feasible and really the only explanation to this.

I'm quite sure that the IAF would not have paid for brand new aircraft and the French and Dassault would send them these in that condition. I think that was the only one that looked this bad with chunks of paint peeling, but the other two appeared ok and one of them looked like it was freshly painted and the color was a little offset green than the standard smokey grey. It was also very shiny compared to the flatter grey.

At any rate, this must've been part of some deal that the IAF worked out with the French.

I have just saw the pics I would say indian govt knew about this.
As if france was selling 2nd hand jets as a brand new, my Local painter would have done a better job.
So i would say what we purchased we got. In few days whole story will come out.

Back
Top Bottom