What's new

Are Pashtuns in majority?

Pardon me for my rudeness, but your one month research is nothing more than a copy paste from Wikipedia. Pashtun strictly means Pashto-speaker. Like i said, if we dig into racial origins, then 30-50% of Pashto-speakers in every district of KPK, are non-tribal people , of non-Pashtun genealogies (Artisan classes, Sayyids, Qureshis, Gujars, Jats etc).
Pashtuns is an ethnic group, and we're talking about ethnicity here - I could give two fvcks about language and culture. Ethnicity and blood always sticks to you no matter what language you speak, religion you follow, or culture you practice.

Pashtuns is an ethnic group, and we're talking about ethnicity here - I could give two fvcks about language and culture. Ethnicity and blood always sticks to you no matter what language you speak, religion you follow, or culture you practice.
Language and culture, are constituents of the definition of ethnicity. I think you are confusing ethnicity with race. You are stressing too much on the blood and race, but you are forgetting that those Urdu speaking Pathans in India and else where, have intermingled so much with locals , that they may not even have 0.1% of "Pashtun blood" in their veins.......then again what exactly is Pashtun blood?. Our ancestors were Sakas, Hepthalies, Kushans and number of east Iranian groups.

We Pashtuns have a very strict definition of Pashtun. You cease to be a Pashtun, when you and your family's mother tongue is no longer Pashto. Beside speaking it, we also have a term "doing Pashto", "living with Pashto", is also a criteria. Our Pashto is not merely a language, its packaged with heritage and particular Pashtun behavior.

You dont need to do "months" of research on us from web, that will be waste of time. You need to give three "fvks" to know about Pashtuns

There are more Pakistanies are in pakistan then punjabi pathan sindhi balouch or any other ethinicity.
Who trying to inject these kind of articals which is based on division either languages cities or proviences...
We gonna hear people screaming alot before this clean up..
My suggestion that is to Hold Up and believe.

Pardon me for my rudeness, but your one month research is nothing more than a copy paste from Wikipedia. Pashtun strictly means Pashto-speaker. Like i said, if we dig into racial origins, then 30-50% of Pashto-speakers in every district of KPK, are non-tribal people , of non-Pashtun genealogies (Artisan classes, Sayyids, Qureshis, Gujars, Jats etc).
@Samandri are their jats in KPK, I have met gujjars from KPK especially Swat but was not aware of jat presence.

It shouldnt matter who is majority, We all are Pakistani's and thats enough. Although i am a Pathan I love to be called a Pakistani rather than pathan.

well there is nothing wrong if someone says i m a Pakistani first and then Pathan Punjabi SIndhi Balochi or Gilgiti .... and each nation within Pakistan have its own culture and we should preserve it ... now dont tell me Urdu should replace all the languages in Pakistan( which is happening but not by force Thank God) ... it wont happen either because everyone loves their own culture ... and yes we are Pakistanis yes but we are who we are also ... dont confuse the topic and dont start emotional blackmailing stuff... humain Pakistani hona chahiye pathan sindhi punjabi balochi kuch nahin hota .... this is emotional blackmailing...

Language and culture, are constituents of the definition of ethnicity. I think you are confusing ethnicity with race. You are stressing too much on the blood and race, but you are forgetting that those Urdu speaking Pathans in India and else where, have intermingled so much with locals , that they may not even have 0.1% of "Pashtun blood" in their veins.......then again what exactly is Pashtun blood?. Our ancestors were Sakas, Hepthalies, Kushans and number of east Iranian groups.

We Pashtuns have a very strict definition of Pashtun. You cease to be a Pashtun, when you and your family's mother tongue is no longer Pashto. Beside speaking it, we also have a term "doing Pashto", "living with Pashto", is also a criteria. Our Pashto is not merely a language, its packaged with heritage and particular Pashtun behavior.

You dont need to do "months" of research on us from web, that will be waste of time. You need to give three "fvks" to know about Pashtuns

well my friend then i guess u need to review your criteria of being Pashtun.. Sher Shah Suri is considered a Pashtun leader but he was born in Bihar and it doesnt mean he was a bihari ... and Lodhis are also Pashtuns u cant just deny that if they intermingle with other ethnics and races...i know i know Sahir Lodhi :omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha: well that is what happen to an individual when he forgets his own culture :omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha:

Theory 1:
We are descendant of Prophet Nooh two sons....1) Sam & 2) Ham ......there was a 3rd son of Prophet Nooh (Yafiz -- father of Gog&magoog)....so lets forget 3rd guy for a moment...by definition ....we are all ONE if we trace back our origin
Here iam little Confused.....I think INDIANS are the same Gog&Magog of ancient world who were enslaved in a specific Geography until a time comes for their final release....what you guys think??

@Samandri are their jats in KPK, I have met gujjars from KPK especially Swat but was not aware of jat presence.

I doubt there are any known jat tribes in KPK, they are not even found much west of Jhelum district in sizeable numbers. Seem to be the case of random indic people known as jats. Known Jats tribes like gondal, tarar, sandhu, waraich etc are mostly found in azad kashmir and centran punjab. After that in southern punjab and potohar but in smaller numbers.

There are not any jats in Hazara region of KPK which is indic speaking area still.

Last edited:
I doubt there are any known jat tribes in KPK, they are not even found much west of Jhelum district in sizeable numbers. Seem to be the case of random indic people known as jats. Known Jats tribes like gondal, tarar, sandhu, waraich etc are mostly found in azad kashmir and centran punjab. After that in southern punjab and potohar but in smaller numbers.

There are not any jats in Hazara region of KPK which is indic speaking area still.
What about Khattars, what are their origins, we can find this surname amongst tribes in Indian Punjab as well as Hazara.

What about Khattars, what are their origins, we can find this surname amongst tribes in Indian Punjab as well as Hazara.

Interesting .. Some claim to be of Pashtun stock .. Others claim to be Rajputs or Jatts...

They use "Sardar" as their title.,, and are mostly settled in attock- around kala chita ranges..

Theory 1:
We are descendant of Prophet Nooh two sons....1) Sam & 2) Ham ......there was a 3rd son of Prophet Nooh (Yafiz -- father of Gog&magoog)....so lets forget 3rd guy for a moment...by definition ....we are all ONE if we trace back our origin
Here iam little Confused.....I think INDIANS are the same Gog&Magog of ancient world who were enslaved in a specific Geography until a time comes for their final release....what you guys think??

:) so its gonna be after Dajjal... their population is growing like insects living in health enviorment..

Theory 1:
Haha, Those theories are very off; but for the Gog & Magog thing; I think it were probably the Mongols.

What I can say for sure that there are more Pakhtoons in Karachi then in Kabul. This is the stat which matter the most as we have made Afghanistan redundant as far as their playing Pakhtoon card against Pakistan. Roles are reversed now.

One request, please dont call them Pashtuns, its a Afghani term with Persian influence on it with emphasis on "sh". In Pakistan we say "Pakhtoon" with emphasis on "kh". That way KPK is refered as Khyber Pakhtoonkhawa, not PashtunKhawa.

Well, Jats mainly migrated to Punjab and Kashmir from Rajasthan; where they converted to Islam in large numbers and many migrated to modern day Pakistan after the migration - and another exodus occured when they were driven from Kashmir and into Punjab. Gujjars followed the same migration patterns since they were an offshoot of the Jatts.

What I can say for sure that there are more Pakhtoons in Karachi then in Kabul. This is the stat which matter the most as we have made Afghanistan redundant as far as their playing Pakhtoon card against Pakistan. Roles are reversed now.

One request, please dont call them Pashtuns, its a Afghani term with Persian influence on it with emphasis on "sh". In Pakistan we say "Pakhtoon" with emphasis on "kh". That way KPK is refered as Khyber Pakhtoonkhawa, not PashtunKhawa.

From what I know either one is fine with the "KH" sound being preferred by northern Pashtuns from KPK, and the "SH" sound being preferred by southern Pashtuns from Quetta and northern Balochistan. Maybe a Pashto speaker could elaborate.

Well, Jats mainly migrated to Punjab and Kashmir from Rajasthan; where they converted to Islam in large numbers and many migrated to modern day Pakistan after the migration - and another exodus occured when they were driven from Kashmir and into Punjab. Gujjars followed the same migration patterns since they were an offshoot of the Jatts.

I am pretty sure that is not true. It might be that some Gujjar clans claim descent from Jats but the two groups have a very distinct identity, albeit historians still argue about their points of origin (ranging from C Asia to West India.)

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom