Are men superior to women? Dr Israr Ahmed Nailed It

Status
Not open for further replies.

SecularNationalist

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
A perfect explanation for detracked aurat march scums who are giving women rights a very wrong and corrupt meaning.A perfect explanation why in our society divorce rates are increasing and family ,social system is going down the drain. Do not blindly follow the west ,the west is not the epitome of every good thing. Copy it's good things and reject where it's wrong.

A perfect explanation for detracked aurat march scums who are giving women rights a very wrong and corrupt meaning.A perfect explanation why in our society divorce rates are increasing and family ,social system is going down the drain. Do not blindly follow the west ,the west is not the epitome of every good thing. Copy it's good things and reject where it's wrong.
do you know what this here "perfect" molvi said about Imam Ali the fouth khalifa of Islam?

I am a follower of Dr. Israr Ahmed.
But he usually speaks in Urdu, which makes it hard to understand.
Personally I see no contradiction between Islam and Feminism.
Islam gives women their fair rights and treats women according to justice.

do you know what this here "perfect" molvi said about Imam Ali the fouth khalifa of Islam?
bro, take it or reject it based on evidence. I personally have many agreements with him and many disagreements with him based on evidence. that's why as a rule of thumb, I follow what is said, not who said it.

Listen dude this thread is not for discussing a broad religious spectrum but for addressing a social issue with the help of logic, reasoning and religious teachings.
This is about what is being said in a video about gender equality not what he said regarding some other topic.
So please keep that shia sunni conflicts aside.

Listen dude this thread is not for discussing a broad religious spectrum but for addressing a social issue with the help of logic, reasoning and religious teachings.
This is about what is being said in a video about gender equality not what he said regarding some other topic.
So please keep that shia sunni conflicts aside.
he already apologized for what he said by the way...don't why people can't move on...

elaborate please?

This is my perception and may be 100% wrong. I feel doorstar is not very fond of Islamic laws or mullahs in general.

I think he his response about Dr Israr on this occasion was aimed at discrediting Dr Israr so his opinion expressed in the video would also be discredited.

Now I stress this is only my perception and may be 100% incorrect. I don't think we should hold biases against each other as it stops us communicating so openly.

A waste of my tens minutes of youtube time listening to this so-called respectable maulvi.

A perfect explanation why in our society divorce rates are increasing and family ,social system is going down the drain.

Perhaps you are not aware that the system of divorce in Europe, the system of marriage counselling and other things like property inheritance by women came from Islamic law from 1400 years ago. Please read this thread of mine from 2015 whose OP is an article by an Indian Christian woman who married an Indian Muslim under Islamic marriage law because that better secured her socio-economic future in case of divorce. I quote a section :
When we examine marriage laws in their historic context, it is interesting to note that the universally accepted notion that marriages are contractual rather than sacramental originates in Muslim law, which was accepted by the French law only in the 1800s and incorporated into the English law in the 1850s and became part of codified Hindu law as late as 1955. Today it appears to be the most practical way of dealing with the institution of marriage. Treating marriage as a sacrament which binds the parties for life has resulted in some of the most discriminatory practices against women such as sati and denial of right to divorce and remarriage, even in the most adverse conditions.

The cornerstone of a Muslim marriage is consent, ejab-o-qubul (proposal and acceptance) and requires the bride to accept the marriage proposal on her own free will. This freedom to consent (or refuse), which was given to Muslim women 1,400 years ago, is still not available under Hindu law since sacramental rituals such as saptapadi and kanya dan (seven steps round the nuptial fire and gifting of the bride to the groom) still form essential ceremonies of a Hindu marriage. Even after the codification of Hindu law, the notion of consent is not built into the marriage ceremonies.

The contract of marriage (nikahnama) allows for negotiated terms and conditions, it can also include the right to a delegated divorce (talaq-e-tafweez) where the woman is delegated the right to divorce her husband if any of the negotiated terms and conditions are violated.

Mehr is another unique concept of Muslim law meant to safeguard the financial future of the wife. It is an obligation, not a choice, and can be in the form of cash, valuables or securities. While there is no ceiling, a minimum amount to provide her security after marriage must be stipulated. This is a more beneficial concept than streedhan which is given by choice and usually by the natal family. In addition to Mehr, at the time of divorce, a Muslim woman has the right to fair and reasonable settlement, and this is statutorily recognised under the Muslim Women (Protection of Rights on Divorce) Act, 1986 as per the 2001 ruling of the Supreme Court in the Daniel Latifi case.

It is also important to address polygamy and triple talaq, two aspects of Muslim law which are generally used to discredit the community and argue in favour of a uniform civil code. While sharia law permits a man to have four wives (before 1956 Hindu law permitted unrestrained polygamy), it mandates equal treatment of all wives. If a man is not able to meet these conditions, he is not permitted to marry more than one woman. (Quran 4:3; Yusuf Ali’s translation)

On the other hand, though codification introduced monogamy for Hindus, the ground reality has not changed and Hindu men continue to be bigamous or polygamous. The most disturbing aspect is that while men in bigamous/adulterous relationships are allowed to go scot-free, it is the women who are made to pay the price. Women in invalid relationships with Hindu men are denied maintenance and protection and are referred to as “mistresses” and “concubines”, concepts specific to the uncodified Hindu law. Any attempt to codify Muslim law to bring in legal monogamy should not end up subjecting Muslim women to a plight similar to that of a Hindu second wife. This is an important concern which needs to be taken into account while reforming the Muslim law.

And lastly, the much maligned triple talaq or talaq-ul-biddat, which the Prophet himself considered as the most inappropriate form of divorce. Fortunately, in 2002, in Shamim Ara vs State of Uttar Pradesh & others, the Supreme Court laid down strict Quranic injunctions which must be followed at the time of pronouncing talaq, hence now fraudulent practices adopted by errant husbands (including email and SMS talaq) can no longer constitute valid talaq. Yet, after a decade and a half, very few know challenge the validity of such divorces in court as they are unaware about this ruling.

Though Muslim law stipulates many different ways to end a marriage, including a woman’s right to dissolve her marriage (khula), divorce by mutual consent (mubarra), delegated divorce (talaq-e-tafweez), judicial divorce (fasq)

Listening to translation and references to Quran and Hadith would be a waste of time for a commie terrorist.

You ask that Indian Christian woman who married an Indian Muslim under Islamic marriage law if she would devote her time to listening to this "respectable" maulvi. This woman would have taught the maulvi some things from Quran, based on her sensible interpretation, what he hadn't understood if they had met.

And maulvi saheb is contradicting himself. He says man and woman are equal in all aspects but then says in marriage man and woman are not equal and should not be equal.

Last edited:
It is not surprising that hardly any women comment on threads like this...

You ask that Indian Christian woman who married an Indian Muslim under Islamic marriage law if she would devote her time to listening to this "respectable" maulvi. This woman would have taught the maulvi some things from Quran, based on her sensible interpretation, what he hadn't understood if they had met.

And maulvi saheb is contradicting himself. He says man and woman are equal in all aspects but then says in marriage man and woman are not equal and should not be equal.

You have not even read the translation of Quran once in your lifetime and yet your want to discuss without an iota knowledge of Islam :rolleyes1:

Apologised where? Unless it was deleted and he left his original statement as is - smells sect ... I would like to see the video he is referring to re Hazrat Ali a.s.

Listening to translation and references to Quran and Hadith would be a waste of time for a commie terrorist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom