What's new

Are Indian Nukes Safe?

Well well well...world is seriously concerned about pakistani N-bombs...then indian bombs...
I will not be surprised if USA backed NATO forces will destroy all pakistani military Nuclear stations within 5 years...

Why don't you guys join them also, then lets see who takes what and what is given what to whom.

overly emotional indians.....

wake up and look at the title of the thread. This topic is on safety of indian nukes and facilities....not Pakistan's

yes a lot of people make noise about Pakistan's nukes; but those people are of little importance in the end. Those who are well-versed and read the news, will know that Pakistan's nuclear safety record is un-blemished. We are the only Islamic country to have nukes, so of course some people will have an ulterior motive to smear our image and project us as some kind of nuclear arms market where terrorists can magically acquire nuclear weapons and magically learn how to find the components, key codes, fire-codes, and know-how on how assembling the warhead.

like i said --- indians have a problem differentiating between drama/dreams & news/reality.

it is india where all these accidents and thefts at nuclear facility are taking place...

and that is the purpose of this thread -- to discuss these failures

there was no accident related to nuclear material,it was a radioactive material leakage and for ur info we use radioactive measures in hospital treatments like neurosurgery etc performed at AIIMS, new delhi.aint no drama in it,it is u guys who create the fuss abt this,and the people who r referiinng to ur nuclear safety is UN and ur ally america whom u rely on so heavily for aid,i have discussed my view and reality with u, now itz upto u to think and take it as drama or whatever.:P

there was no accident related to nuclear material,it was a radioactive material leakage and for ur info

does that seem normal to you? Maybe some of this radioactive material was emitted not far from where you live. :rofl:

we use radioactive measures in hospital treatments like neurosurgery etc performed at AIIMS, new delhi

wow, so does 99.7% of the rest of the world

the people who r referiinng to ur nuclear safety is UN and ur ally america

and what did they have to say :rolleyes::rolleyes:

"It's clear the Pakistani authorities have taken significant steps to enhance the security of their nuclear arsenal...a variety of steps," said the official.

The official also credited Pakistan with improving export controls and participating in a program of pre-screening United States-bound cargo from the port of Qasim, Pakistan, with radiation scanning.

How Safe Is Pakistan's Nuclear Arsenal? - US News and World Report

Pakistan's nuclear arsenal in safe hands, Brown told - World Politics, World - The Independent

DIA Director: Pakistani Nuclear Arsenal is Safe But Vulnerable - National Security Law Brief

Pakistan's nuclear arsenal in safe hands, Brown told - World Politics, World - The Independent

Pakistan’s nukes safe: Mullen

does that seem normal to you? Maybe some of this radioactive material was emitted not far from where you live. :rofl:

"It's clear the Pakistani authorities have taken significant steps to enhance the security of their nuclear arsenal...a variety of steps," said the official.

The official also credited Pakistan with improving export controls and participating in a program of pre-screening United States-bound cargo from the port of Qasim, Pakistan, with radiation scanning.

DIA Director: Pakistani Nuclear Arsenal is Safe But Vulnerable - National Security Law Brief

Are you blind?

Do you not see that he says that they HAVE TAKEN STEPS TO ENHANCE SECURITY OF N ASSETS - So what does that mean?

are they still as safe as India or US or any other nuclear nation cos quite frankly no one in the international community is pointing any fingers at INDIA!

You just want to feed you ego and thats it - sorry but I JUST BUSTED IT!
:bunny:

overly emotional indians.....

wake up and look at the title of the thread. This topic is on safety of indian nukes and facilities....not Pakistan's

yes a lot of people make noise about Pakistan's nukes; but those people are of little importance in the end. Those who are well-versed and read the news, will know that Pakistan's nuclear safety record is un-blemished. We are the only Islamic country to have nukes, so of course some people will have an ulterior motive to smear our image and project us as some kind of nuclear arms market where terrorists can magically acquire nuclear weapons and magically learn how to find the components, key codes, fire-codes, and know-how on how assembling the warhead.

like i said --- indians have a problem differentiating between drama/dreams & news/reality.

it is india where all these accidents and thefts at nuclear facility are taking place...

and that is the purpose of this thread -- to discuss these failures

Let me bust your useless EGO a lil bit more:

Wake up and look around - WHO STARTED THE THREAD? HA and you call us emotional!

Did you forget AQ Khan? Unblemished - is that the reason why the US denied a Civil Nuclear deal like India to you guys?

Last point of retort - If we were living in Dreams we would not have been clocking an 8% growth rate year on year.

So please think before you talk ****!

:cheers:

This thread is total non sense.. Why would India want its nukes to be safe.??

We are spending tons on money on them.. These babies better be dangerous...:D

u definitely dont knw how to read,,dont u knw the meaning of vulnerable???:hitwall::hitwall:

answer this question first

dat y is world worried and concered abt pakistani nukes?? safe or not is the other thing

and y despite of indian nukes (which is unsafe acc to zaid hamid anti india america israel national school)still preferred by NSG group n the worlds develpod countries r willint to share the technology with us?????

material found in mayapuri scrap mkt.mkt is known for scrap automobile,junked machinery,old mach,useless medi equipent. i myself has visited that shop 3 t0 4 yrs back .material found was co 60 which is used in medical equipment.govt provide funds to medi institute for dumping process but some guys in institute divert that funds and sale that used equip. to the scrap dealers in auction(simple )

nothing will change if you create some funny thread here
learn something from israeli media / indian media who managed to make the world believe that pak nukes are not safe even if they are
create world perception like that then talk to us
i accept pak nukes might be in safe hands but this is what your enemy will do to take off you nukes . everyone knows that there were no bio weapon in iraq but it was the perception that lead to war and see yourself what a false propaganda can do to a country so far we have succeed in what we wanted
if you have got balls come out make false propaganda about indian nukes which is well on the track approved by USA
:cheers:
ask your media to spread false news about indian nukes make a false world perception instead of wasting time here showing off your frustration :cheers:

Dear Shekker, we know all that. But we do not lie like India. We neither know how to change colors like hindus nor we ever intended to learn this skill. This skill is unique to you in Hind and you keep it upto yourself. We do not interested to propaganda about India or any other country.

by the way, you are the first indian, I had ever seen who spoke truth. Thanks there is one such person in India. But this number is not good.

^^^^
Its a pity that Pakistani Education system is not good enough to teach people that there is a huge Difference between a Nuclear warhead and a Nuclear Power Plant.....and Creating a Nuclear bomb is not as simple as cooking Biryani....otherwise countries like Bhutan and Bangladesh would have had nuclear bombs by now....

Its a pity that Indian Education system is not good enough to teach people that Cobolt60 could be easily used to make dirty nuclear bombs. :hitwall:

NAVY SEAL said, "material found in mayapuri scrap mkt.mkt is known for scrap automobile,junked machinery,old mach,useless medi equipent. i myself has visited that shop 3 t0 4 yrs back .material found was co 60 which is used in medical equipment"

letsbefriends said, "r u high on drugs..the material found was radioactive but it wasnt nuclear material"

Indian_Idol siad, "i dont think cobalt-60 would be made as a nuke. its just a medical waste handled with carelessness."

you and of your types, please read the following. But before reading let me tell you that it is not Pakistani schools but Indian schools which are fail to teach you that cobolt 60 could be used to manufacture a dirty bomb. So watch your back.

The following is the copy of post # 41, which you indian guys had purpsefully ignored.

Originally Posted by RobbieS View Post
Do you even know what you're talking about? Go read the news again! Its radioactive material that was found in scrap in Delhi and not some nuclear fissile material. Its not like they found Nu-235 or some plutonium isotopes that could be used for making bombs. It was a radioactive variant of Co-60. Not all radioactive material is nuclear material. Go back and read your 9th grade chemistry book again.

Regarding the rest of your rant about India's proliferation record, 3 words - Abdul Qadeer Khan. Go figure!

OHHH, thank you very much my SINCERE indian friend. thankyou thankyou thankyou.

Why do I waste my time to read news while you are there to tell me the the real story.

As you said that:

It was a radioactive variant of Co-60

Now read the followings:

1. 60Co is also the active isotope in a so-called cobalt bomb, a theoretically feasible but extremely "dirty" form of nuclear weapon

2. once the materials are no longer needed and costs of appropriate disposal are high, security measures become lax, and the likelihood of abandonment (as in the case of India, where we found it as scraped in bazar...) or theft increases

3. Another nuclear weapon idea put forth at the near beginning of the Cold War period was the Cobalt-60 bomb. The bomb would be a fusion nuclear weapon salted with cobalt-60, thereby spreading the gamma-ray emitter as it exploded. The cobalt bomb would essentially have the potential to wipe out all life on earth by way of its long radioactive half-life

4. the availability and prevalence of Cobalt-60 around the world makes it a likely ingredient in a dirty bomb. This has lead to increased fear of this weapon in modern times rather than in the Cold War era, since the terrorist organizations(Like the one bal thakre has) weren’t as developed as they are now

Its a pity that Indian Education system is not good enough to teach people that Cobolt60 could be easily used to make dirty nuclear bombs. :hitwall:

Its a pity that People still have to learn the difference between Nuclear bombs....or so called nukes ....and Civilian Nuclear facilities.

And the bigger pity is the desperation of Pakistanis to draw crazy parallels between Medical waste....and other incidents ...and safety of nuclear bombs......

They want to make world believe...that since there is cobalt sixty thrown in scrap...so anyone in India will steal India's Nuclear bombs....

A civil nuclear scientist got killed....so someone can steal India's nuclear bombs....

Making a bigger Azzz of themselves all over the globe.

Last edited:
Since People are here making funny comments on Cobalt Dirty Bombs......lets see how easy it is to make a cobalt Bomb....or a Dirty Bomb as some people love to say...

The fallout would have a half-life of 5.27 years and would be intensely radioactive, a combination which caused Szilárd to suggest that such bombs could wipe out all life on the planet. Critics of the cobalt bomb concept point out that the mass needed would still be unreasonably large: 1 gram of 60Co per square kilometer of Earth's surface is 510 tonnes, and fallout does not reach all areas in equal proportions and dispersement (winds, etc.) . While the sheer size and cost of such a weapon makes it unlikely to be built, it is technically possible because there is no maximum size limit for a thermonuclear bomb. However, the effects of nuclear weapons, including blast, physical damage and fallout, do not scale up linearly with weapon size or yield; the magnitude of these effects increases more gradually than the energy released by the nuclear detonation. Stratospheric scientist and Australian peace activist Brian Martin has published analyses demonstrating this crucial weakness in the idea that the planetary nuclear arsenal is several times as large as that required to destroy all life on Earth; this analysis would seem to have implications for the real versus the assumed lethality of the cobalt bomb to all life on Earth.

Cobalt bomb: Facts, Discussion Forum, and Encyclopedia Article

The idea of the cobalt bomb originated with Leo Szilard who publicized it in February 1950, not as a serious proposal for weapon, but to point out that it would soon be possible in principle to build a weapon that could kill everybody on earth.

To design such a theoretical weapon a radioactive isotope is needed that can be dispersed world wide before it decays. Such dispersal takes many months to a few years so the half-life of Co-60 is ideal.

The half life for this weapon would be approximately 5.27 years. The half-life of Co-60 is long enough to settle out before significant decay has occurred, and to make it impractical to wait out in shelters, yet is short enough that intense radiation is produced

Last edited:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom