What's new

Are Indian Nukes Safe?

A "salted" nuclear weapon is reminiscent of fission-fusion-fission weapons, but instead of a fissionable jacket around the secondary stage fusion fuel, a non-fissionable blanket of a specially chosen salting isotope is used (cobalt-59 in the case of the cobalt bomb). This blanket captures the escaping fusion neutrons to breed a radioactive isotope that maximizes the fallout hazard from the weapon rather than generating additional explosive force (and dangerous fission fallout) from fast fission of U-238.
First U need to have a fissionable Bomb with u before making this slated bomb.
Now U can assume how dangerous that medical Cobalt 60 is that too in such a quantity.......

No cobalt or other salted bomb has ever been atmospherically tested, and as far as is publicly known none have ever been built. In light of the ready availability of fission-fusion-fission bombs, it is unlikely any special-purpose fallout contamination weapon will ever be developed.
The British did test a bomb that incorporated cobalt as an experimental radiochemical tracer (Antler/Round 1, 14 September 1957). This 1 kt device was exploded at the Tadje site, Maralinga range, Australia. The experiment was regarded as a failure and not repeated.
Section 1.0 Types of Nuclear Weapons
Hope this clears some of the misconceptions here............
Pretty simple to make nuke these days for u dudes

Tell this to our Pakistani Friends...who want to Nuke everything thats Indian...and whats that song they love to sing....

" We'v got nukes "

And this is how it goes....

India to buy more fighter jets......We'v got Nukes
India reworking war doctrine.....We'v got Nukes
India to Launches INS Arihant......We'v got Nukes
India makes dam on River.....We'v got Nukes
India helps in Afghanistan....We'v got Nukes.

And We'v got Nukes.....We'v got Nukes....We'v got Nukes.

well!! We do have nukes!

Accept the reality and move on. Accept Pakistan and move on. We're not going anywhere, we're right here where we are.

Learn to co-exist with your neighbours, otherwise don't expect peace or security.

well!! We do have nukes!
Yes...and so do we....

Accept the reality and move on.

Have you? Pakistan's attempts to destablize India have landed Pakistan in trouble......Had Pakistan moved on ....we would have moved on.....

Accept Pakistan and move on.
After Fighting Multiple wars....and dedicating almost 50% or more of Defense towards Pakistan borders...and a plethora of diplomatic offensives against Pakistan....do you still think India has not accepted Pakistan...India has always accepted Pakistan as the most aggressive neighbor....and has been using all the possible tools to make sure that this aggressive neighbor is not successful in creating more troubles for India .....

India has moved on from being a Pakistan focussed country .....we see more opportunities and threats than Pakistan...unlike Pakistan that sees only India...

We're not going anywhere,

The irony is that even we can not go anywhere...... unfortunately we are neighbors....

we're right here where we are.
If same attitudes continues...you will be where you are for ever.....

Learn to co-exist with your neighbors,
This makes me laugh ..coming form Pakistanis....Remember Afghanistan...and Iran...Jundullah.....

We have at least made attempts.....to make good with our neighbors....and see...we have got some Business happening across some borders...and can you say same thing with Pakistan....what comes from Iran...Nothing....Afghanistan.... Cross Border terrorism...what comes across India ..... skepticism and hate....

otherwise don't expect peace or security.
Peace....is what we hope....but never get ....and security is what we will create and we don't need Pakistan for that.

Coming Back to the topic......

till now Pakistan Media has only made an azz of itself by shouting India nukes not safe because some remote incidents......and the world laughs..... because they are doing business with India ...yes the same Nuclear business...Building Nuclear Power Plants...supplying Nuclear material......and what is Pakistan getting out of all this...the world sees these reports like a diabetic child crying for chocolate....because he sees the other kid getting the chocolate...and then he says...see why do you give him chocolate...his clothes are dirty...his shirt is torn........but the fact the other kid has got the chocolate and keeps on getting them as he is a good child..and knows that he has to keep his teeth clean so as to enjoy the chocolate....

Last edited:
Yes...and so do we....

and we accept that! As we accept your existence. How can we not accept your existence. You are a large country. Please, accept us also as a neighbour and sovereign country.

Have you? Pakistan's attempts to destablize India have landed Pakistan in trouble......Had Pakistan moved on ....we would have moved on.....

on one hand, i will say we can't move on. What you did in 1971 --funding terrorism in Bangladesh -- we can never ever forgive that.

But we can try to. We CAN move forward. We can have cordial relations --diplomatic, and commercial.

Actually the common man in Pakistan is only concerned with raising a healthy family, and earning the livelihood. Common man in Pakistan has no vociferous political views --- or violent feeling towards anybody, even indian.

It is in india where the intolerance is being fanned --- partly by your media, and partly by terrorist organizations like Shiv Sena and other extremist outfits.

Not saying similar stuff doesnt happen in Pakistan. I will tell you to your face, I am NOT a friend of bharat. But people change, when circumstances change.

After Fighting Multiple wars....and dedicating almost 50% or more of Defense towards Pakistan borders...and a plethora of diplomatic offensives against Pakistan....do you still think India has not accepted Pakistan...

some of your maneuvers are exhibiting hegomonic designs

it's more than just accepting Pakistan. It is accepting Pakistan and being a responsible country; not making provocative statements which annoy 180 million people, and force us to take action to keep india in check.

India has always accepted Pakistan as the most aggressive neighbor....and has been using all the possible tools to make sure that this aggressive neighbor is not successful in creating more troubles for India .....

sorry you feel that way.....if we are being aggressive, then introspect and ask yourself WHY

India has moved on from being a Pakistan focussed country .....we see more opportunities and threats than Pakistan...unlike Pakistan that sees only India...

South Asia is a highly militarized and politically/security-wise an unstable region. Too many emotions, a lot of bloody history, a lot of grudges and vendettas.

and a lot of poor people who shouldnt be held hostage to this form of diplomacy we employ.

The irony is that even we can not go anywhere...... unfortunately we are neighbors....

unfortunately

If same attitudes continues...you will be where you are for ever.....

Despite our problems, I genuinely feel Pakistan and Pakistanis are maturing. We are where we are right now because of past failed policies; because of external factors we have no control over as well. At partition, we had no resources; no funds; no infrastructure.

We have indeed come a long way. In many ways we've gone forward. In some ways we have definately gone backwards.

india is also an immature country, your advantage is that democracy took root at early age -- and therefore your civil institutions are much stronger and stable.

This makes me laugh ..coming form Pakistanis....Remember Afghanistan...and Iran...Jundullah.....

Yes, we helped liberate Afghanistan from the soviets.

NO REGRETS!
We would do it again if we had to!

Iran -- we have fairly brotherly relations. They have helped us, we have helped them at times --especially during the Shahi era.

Jundollah is a purely foreign funded entity. It is an Iranian organization funded and supported by enemies of Iran.

Pakistan is not enemy of Iran. Never has been, never will be....albeit some differing 'interests' in the region

Peace....is what we hope....but never get ....and security is what we will create and we don't need Pakistan for that.

Yes you dont need Pakistan for that, because most of your security problems are created within your borders.

example being the naxalites....the ''single biggest threat to indian security'' as per your own Prime Minister Singh.

till now Pakistan Media has only made an azz of itself by shouting India nukes not safe because some remote incidents

can you cite some reports?

by the way, if you compare Pakistan media to indian media --you will know that indian media (e.g. the hindu) clearly has anti-Pakistan agenda

it is indians who yap about Pakistani nukes. Why? Because you can't stand to see that we have an effective counter to your nukes. Our delivery systems are fully capable of delivering the weapons in the God-forsaken event that they would be used (Khuda na karay)

......and the world laughs..... because they are doing business with India ...yes the same Nuclear business...Building Nuclear Power Plants...supplying Nuclear material......and what is Pakistan getting out of all this...the world sees these reports like a diabetic child crying for chocolate....because he sees the other kid getting the chocolate...and then he says...see why do you give him chocolate...

if hatred and stubborness were not curable, I would say india suffers from full-blown AIDS!

his clothes are dirty...his shirt is torn........but the fact the other kid has got the chocolate and keeps on getting them as he is a good child..and knows that he has to keep his teeth clean so as to enjoy the chocolate....

we don't want the chocolate.....nothing worse than having IAEA walas snooping around the facilities.

Keep your chocolate.

p.s. Pakistan is facing supply-demand gap in electricity. We are seeking new ways to add more electricity (at least 3,500 to 4000Mw) to national grid.

Do we NOT have a right to ask for civilian nuclear technology?

Pakistan is a responsible country, and it was right to place a request for 'help' in this field. Whether they agree or not is their own business.

Pakistanis are a strong and resilient people. We adapt. We compromise. We NEVER cry.

you better remember that.

Last edited:
and we accept that! As we accept your existence.
Appreciated

How can we not accept your existence. You are a large country.
This sounds like a majboori....but There is nothing like no acceptance of Pakistan By India....I don't know where the hell this information is getting disseminated from ....but that not right. If you ask a person on India street about Pakistan.... the first thing he says in we should have peace with them....they are one of the biggest neighbors.

Please, accept us also as a neighbor and sovereign country.
Politically India accepted Pakistan in 1947 when partition happened. And Emotionally may be a bit late....but I still fail to understand that why Pakistanis feel that India has not accepted Pakistan's existence.....

Broadly speaking....if you guys think...that India has not accepted Pakistan because India is always on a Diplomatic offensive against Pakistan.....so let me tell you that the Pakistan Diplomatic offensive is also working double time to make life difficult for India .....you a successful at time and we are successful most of the times.....its just the matter of India winning mostly.

on one hand, i will say we can't move on. What you did in 1971 --funding terrorism in Bangladesh -- we can never ever forgive that.

I don't know why 1971 happened....but I think it was more of political mistake by both Pakistan and India...and both paid the price for the same.... Pakistan by losing almost half of country...and India created a blood enemy in Pakistan....

But we can try to. We CAN move forward. We can have cordial relations --diplomatic, and commercial.
An excellent thought ...and I think it resonates with most of Indians....we would love to see some Made In Pakistan Towels and bedsheets in Our homes...and we would love to see some colorful Pakistani trucks crossing border over to outside.

Actually the common man in Pakistan is only concerned with raising a healthy family, and earning the livelihood.
I think and I see it everyday here in India as well...people are nit Interested in another war ...but they want a good life for themselves and their family....

Common man in Pakistan has no vociferous political views --- or violent feeling towards anybody, even Indian.
The last time I saw a common man shouting anything against Pakistan was after 26/11 happened. Otherwise....Indians don't hate anybody.....I mean I have got Pakistani friends.....and I would love to do anything for them may be a tad more than I would do for my Indian friends.

It is in india where the intolerance is being fanned --- partly by your media, and partly by terrorist organizations like Shiv Sena and other extremist outfits.

Partly agree with you hare..... Indian media is as responsible as Pakistani Media.....sometime too commercially driven and over zealous...

And Shiv Sena.....they are against anything that is Not labeled "Made In Maharashtra"....and we Indians are also fed up of these jerks...but we can't help it...its a Democracy...and anyone can shout slogans ...as long it does not kill anyone.

Not saying similar stuff doesnt happen in Pakistan.
I think we both accept that Media is driven by Financial interests ...so they will go where the money is...

I will tell you to your face, I am NOT a friend of Bharat.
Appreciate the honesty...and accept the same from us...

But people change, when circumstances change.

Agree and Disagree....we need change for sure.....But Circumstances would change if people change....

some of your maneuvers are exhibiting hegomonic designs
it's more than just accepting Pakistan.
Well both countries are on a diplomatic offensive most of the time .....

Hegemonic Designs....pretty heavy phrase being over used lately... just think ...India is growing ...so are opportunities and threats around it....don't you think that India has a need for a better Defense...better Diplomatic designs....I mean if you accept China's growing clout ...and enjoy that...India is doing what China is doing internationally....China is creating more muscle power....India is creating Muscle power....but somehow Pakistan accepts China's actions ...but feels offended if India does same.

It is accepting Pakistan and being a responsible country; not making provocative statements which annoy 180 million people, and force us to take action to keep india in check.

Provocative statements come from both sides....and you cant blame India for that alone...blame both sides..

If Pakistanis think that something can keep India in Check....please come out of this perception.....We are economically stronger....and some how our leadership is not only focussed on Pakistani threat perception...we look beyond Pakistan ...and I think So should Pakistanis.

sorry you feel that way.....if we are being aggressive, then introspect and ask yourself WHY
Unfortunately..both sides have been blaming each other for that...and Introspection is what both sides should do....

South Asia is a highly militarized and politically/security-wise an unstable region. Too many emotions, a lot of bloody history, a lot of grudges and vendettas.
Than its responsibility of all to make sure this changes.....for long all have been blaming each other for that....some time back...I read a statement that said....India should be a responsible member of South Asia...I mean why only India...why not all work together....

Despite our problems, I genuinely feel Pakistan and Pakistanis are maturing. We are where we are right now because of past failed policies; because of external factors we have no control over as well. At partition, we had no resources; no funds; no infrastructure.

We have indeed come a long way. In many ways we've gone forward. In some ways we have definately gone backwards.
Well good luck to Pakistanis for creating a better country....

India is also an immature country, your advantage is that democracy took root at early age -- and therefore your civil institutions are much stronger and stable.
Blame it on your leaders...who simply could not think beyond India and how to defeat India in Future Wars...

Yes, we helped liberate Afghanistan from the soviets.

NO REGRETS!
We would do it again if we had to!
Still Suffering from Strategic Depth Syndrome ...are we....

Iran -- we have fairly brotherly relations. They have helped us, we have helped them at times --especially during the Shahi era.

Jundollah is a purely foreign funded entity. It is an Iranian organization funded and supported by enemies of Iran.

Pakistan is not enemy of Iran. Never has been, never will be....albeit some differing 'interests' in the region

Hope you are right...

Yes you dont need Pakistan for that, because most of your security problems are created within your borders.

example being the naxalites....the ''single biggest threat to indian security'' as per your own Prime Minister Singh.
And we will take care of that...just like we did with So called Khalistan movement.....
Now India Punjab is much more peaceful...and developed.

can you cite some reports?
by the way, if you compare Pakistan media to indian media --you will know that indian media (e.g. the hindu) clearly has anti-Pakistan agenda
We have a uncanny ability of blaming media for both countries....we blame Pakistan media...

it is indians who yap about Pakistani nukes. Why? Because you can't stand to see that we have an effective counter to your nukes. Our delivery systems are fully capable of delivering the weapons in the God-forsaken event that they would be used (Khuda na karay)

I will take this as a rant...as I have given you enough Information in my earlier post...hope you have read it...

we don't want the chocolate.....nothing worse than having IAEA walas snooping around the facilities.

Keep your chocolate.

Then why cry when no nuclear deal gets through with US....

p.s. Pakistan is facing supply-demand gap in electricity. We are seeking new ways to add more electricity (at least 3,500 to 4000Mw) to national grid.

Failure of leadership...even army was in power for long....unfortunately they also did nothing.

Do we NOT have a right to ask for civilian nuclear technology?
Yes you do.....but unfortunately your leadership is unable to convince world.....

Pakistan is a responsible country, and it was right to place a request for 'help' in this field. Whether they agree or not is their own business.
Exactly....try convincing the world...by your conduct and not by pointing out whats wrong in India....

Pakistanis are a strong and resilient people. We adapt. We compromise. We NEVER cry.

you better remember that.

No one wants you to cry....good luck .

There is a serious question about the Indian nukes safety.

India needs to stop behaving irresponsibly and take better care of its nukes. India's behaviour in this matter is appalling.

There is a serious question about the Indian nukes safety.

India needs to stop behaving irresponsibly and take better care of its nukes. India's behaviour in this matter is appalling.
/:rofl::rofl:
Pretty bad that world thinks otherwise..............:rofl:

Which country was bragging about nuking the other after the test of nuclear weapons in 98 ??

And as per your other troll statements above, if that had been the same, then you would not have seen a single new platform getting inducted, modernization happening, Azm e Nau exercises being taking place, new weapon systems being inducted, as nukes would have been sufficient.

But since that is not the case, it busts your above conclusions, as PDFs are gonna match you guys conventionally.

That's correct, Pakistan's conventional strength is more than enough to face any threat coming from Inida. Those good(bad) old days are gone, when Pakistan was totally dependent on foreign supplies. We had seen in the past the weapons recovered from Indians, manufactured for Pakistan. This will be no longer a case.

Regarding few major systems such as highly sophisticated fighter jets, nuclear submarines etc. A BREAKING NEWS COULD EVER BE POPPED UP OVER INDIAN TV SETs.

Those, good experts in war tactics, believe that in the situation, as between Pakistan and India, no good advantage is available to a larger force.

The keys to success in war does not including number of bullets in your jacket.

And India knows that very well.

Co-operation of USA, Israel and Russia etc is mandatory. :pakistan:

That's correct, Pakistan's conventional strength is more than enough to face any threat coming from Inida. Those good(bad) old days are gone, when Pakistan was totally dependent on foreign supplies. We had seen in the past the weapons recovered from Indians, manufactured for Pakistan. This will be no longer a case.

Regarding few major systems such as highly sophisticated fighter jets, nuclear submarines etc. A BREAKING NEWS COULD EVER BE POPPED UP OVER INDIAN TV SETs.

Those, good experts in war tactics, believe that in the situation, as between Pakistan and India, no good advantage is available to a larger force.

The keys to success in war does not including number of bullets in your jacket.

And India knows that very well.

Co-operation of USA, Israel and Russia etc is mandatory. :pakistan:

Good to hear that.

Same applies to you too .. keep it in mind :india:

not related to indian nuclear weapons or facilities, but wasn't sure where else to post it

Indian University Investigates Radioactive Waste Death​
Authorities at Delhi University in India say they are investigating how radioactive waste which this week killed a man was sold as scrap.

On Wednesday, police said cobalt-60 had leaked from an irradiation machine sold by the university earlier this month.

A scrap metal worker who was exposed to the radiation died on Monday of multiple organ failure. Several of his colleagues are still in hospital.

They were exposed to radiation after dismantling the machine, police say.

Search teams have found cobalt-60 in several shops in the scrap market in the city's Mayapuri industrial area.

'Apologetic'

"Officials from the Atomic Energy Department are investigating the matter. The university is also doing its own investigation with help from the Bhabha Atomic Research Centre," Delhi University Vice-Chancellor Deepak Pental told a press conference.

"The university is very apologetic about what has happened. The university takes moral responsibility for what has happened."

Mr Pental said a thorough investigation should be held so that the "mistake can by rectified".

"We must learn from this incident so that such problems don't recur in future."

The worker who died has been named as Rajendra, who was 35.

On Wednesday, police said the university bought the gamma irradiation machine in 1970 for use in experiments by chemistry students.

The machine, which had not been used since the mid-1980s, was sold at an auction in February.

Police said while dismantling it, the workers peeled off its protective lead cover and in the process exposed themselves to the radioactive metal inside it.

At least half a dozen people were admitted to hospital. Several are critically ill.

The discovery caused panic in nearby residential areas. It was initially thought that the radioactive material had come from hospital waste.

India has a large workforce dedicated to dismantling scrap and experts say it is a major dumping ground for hazardous waste.

BBC News - Indian university investigates radioactive waste death

_47743378_recycling226afp.jpg

Dear Gene, instead of reading this article. I think if you read your own newspapers and see that recently nuclear material is found in a bazar in Delhi(I think). If this is the standard of Indian Nuclear Safety then I must say that YOU MUST ABANDONE IT.

Further why USA gave nuclear deal to India is not becuase India has clean record. See your record as mentioned in the article. Instead of calling it BS (our other indian friends) why not you deny that the incident mentioned in the article are simply not happened.

ROFL ,ROFL... :rofl::rofl: hear we go another zaid hamid in the makingg

If US, UK and Russia's nukes are safe than Indian nukes also safe. Because the command and control technology are as good as them. Also India is a long time functional democracy so there is not threat of military coup or anything else.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom