What's new

Are Bangladeshis Desi people?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember the term was used only by Pakistani and Indian Punjabis to identify themselves; eventually other Indians, Bangladeshis and even many Lankans jumped in. Pakistanis have recently begun to distance themselves from this term.

You have to work hard in earthy life to make it better. Simply praying and hoping that god/allah will take care of everything ain't gonna do anything. We have to work with what we have i.e. earthy life without worrying about an abstract concept which is afterlife.

In Islam Halal roozi consider ibadah. So what are you implying here?

Let's not blame Islam for our failures. We need to stop pointing finger and get to work like we mean it. Blaming others for our failures is sign of weakness.

If Pakistan is evail and country of devail then why Bd has not cut relationship with that country? Hypocrisy is worst qualities of a man.

So you do not consider Arabi/Farsi/Urdu is part of Bd heritage.

So do you suppose we deny the contributions of Khilji, Bengal sutanate, Siraj ud Dawla and other Muslim rulers of Bengal who happened to Farsi/urdu speakers.

What percentage of the general population speaks/reads/writes farsi or urdu in Bangladesh? If its more then those who speak/read/write Bangali then sure else no.

If we let urdu dominate we would have become second class citizens in our own land, then what was the point of the partition of india? West pakistanis would get have continued to get all the prime jobs and Bangalis would have become second class.

So you do not consider Arabi/Farsi/Urdu is part of Bd heritage.

So do you suppose we deny the contributions of Khilji, Bengal sutanate, Siraj ud Dawla and other Muslim rulers of Bengal who happened to Farsi/urdu speakers.
Siraj is the most spineless ruler ever in the world. I don't think he had any positive contribution. His contribution was fall of Bengal to Brits due to his moronic rule.

i dont know, but Pakistanis are Pakistanis and should known as Pakistanis instead of Punjabi, Sindhi, desi or whatever..

Of course they are. The fact is bengal used to be the epicenter of Hindu civilization at one point. The issue is forced conversion by repeated Islamic hordes via invasions uprooted the communal harmony. What you have today are generation that were completely brainwashed....just look at the examples by ISIS today and apply that on a wider and more forced scale centuries ago! Remember, no UN or any type of media back then! Some Bangladeshi muslims have completely forgotten their roots.....however there are may today that do realize it and have never forgotten though their religion has changed...Kudos to them.
Here comes the Hindus Civilization BS :no:

In Islam Halal roozi consider ibadah. So what are you implying here?

Let's not blame Islam for our failures. We need to stop pointing finger and get to work like we mean it. Blaming others for our failures is sign of weakness.

If Pakistan is evail and country of devail then why Bd has not cut relationship with that country? Hypocrisy is worst qualities of a man.
I didn't blame Islam for anything. What I mean is there are many people who doesn't try to improve their life saying its Allah's will or Allah will take care of everything. Many couple have children without having the financial means thinking that Allah will feed them. I have problem with this type of thinking.

I never called Pakistan evil. Neither I advocate severing ties with them.

Of course they are. The fact is bengal used to be the epicenter of Hindu civilization at one point. The issue is forced conversion by repeated Islamic hordes via invasions uprooted the communal harmony. What you have today are generation that were completely brainwashed....just look at the examples by ISIS today and apply that on a wider and more forced scale centuries ago! Remember, no UN or any type of media back then! Some Bangladeshi muslims have completely forgotten their roots.....however there are may today that do realize it and have never forgotten though their religion has changed...Kudos to them.

Living in history is of no use, Bangladesh is now a muslim majority nation with its own identity and that identity has very little to do with india or indians now. As time goes forward those identity will continue to diverge.

Whether forced or by choice makes no difference now....bangladesh is a muslim majority nation...so learn to live with it.

Living in history is of no use, Bangladesh is now a muslim majority nation with its own identity and that identity has very little to do with india or indians now. As time goes forward those identity will continue to diverge.

Whether forced or by choice makes no difference now....bangladesh is a muslim majority nation...so learn to live with it.

Nah bro...history is a part of your DNA...never forget that...you can't erase that no matter how hard you try. Thats why radicals on your soil are going all out in an effort to murder intellectuals who pose a threat to their BS narrative.

I remember the term was used only by Pakistani and Indian Punjabis to identify themselves; eventually other Indians, Bangladeshis and even many Lankans jumped in. Pakistanis have recently begun to distance themselves from this term.

Bengalis don't usually brand themselves as Desi. It has always been seen as a North Indian/Pakistani term and they always refer to something Asian as 'desi'. Plus Bangladeshis can't pronounce Desseee to save their lives.

Whenever someone spoke about desi songs, I've always thought of Punjabi/Bhangra music.

Please elaborate more about this 'Hindu Civilization'.

Also, please do not talk about backwardness; you come from a nation where 490 million people shit on the streets.

You have plenty of ppl of who shit on the street...we have a bigger population and more poverty obviously.....Elaborate yourself....like I said educate yourself if you have no knowledge on the subject matter then stop yapping as if you know....I pulled up the caste BS you denied....where is mouth now?

I digress, so stfu

Im a Sylheti and we Sylhetis are adaptive people. Being in East Pakistan might not bothered me.

Yes, Im happy. As always...
what is the difference between a Sylheti and a bangladeshi from Dhaka ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom