What's new

Are Bangladeshis Desi people?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah bro...history is a part of your DNA...never forget that...you can't erase that no matter how hard you try. Thats why radicals on your soil are going all out in an effort to murder intellectuals who pose a threat to their BS narrative.

History and DNA have nothing to do with each other. We are NOT indian and have very little cultural connection with india now, our religion is different, the food we eat is different and the language we speak is different (bengali and Bangali are not the same).

Bangladesh is not india and never will be, period.

Nah bro...history is a part of your DNA...never forget that...you can't erase that no matter how hard you try. Thats why radicals on your soil are going all out in an effort to murder intellectuals who pose a threat to their BS narrative.
Past is past. Its important to learn from it but at the same time no point dwelling on it. Radical terrorists in BD are hunted down by the cops. Our way is to kill them before they kill anyone. So forget it. Whether people in BD were Muslims, Hindus, Christians, Buddhists, Dalits or atheists in the past means nothing today.

what is the difference between a Sylheti and a bangladeshi from Dhaka ?
Dhaka is in the literally middle of the country and has "borders" with pretty much every other division of Bangladesh. People from around the country (half a million each year) go to settle in Dhaka. Comparing Dhaka with Sylhet is like comparing apples and oranges. These two are not directly comparable since Dhaka is the centre for everything in BD.

I feel both BD and pak should join india. Maybe in the future afghanistan and sri lanka too. We live in age of globalization. Racism and nationalism both should die out in the future.

I feel both BD and pak should join india. Maybe in the future afghanistan and sri lanka too. We live in age of globalization. Racism and nationalism both should die out in the future.
Nah, mate. I partly agree and partly do not at all. I think we SA countries should really have open trade but no way I want open immigration borders.

I didn't blame Islam for anything. What I mean is there are many people who doesn't try to improve their life saying its Allah's will or Allah will take care of everything. Many couple have children without having the financial means thinking that Allah will feed them. I have problem with this type of thinking.

I never called Pakistan evil. Neither I advocate severing ties with them.

Thank you for mentioning that, I hate when people keep saying Allah will provide or Allah will fix every thing. Allah gave us a will and the brain, now its up to us.

I knew they were much more nationalistic, but didn't know they are more religious. Interesting find!

Islam is very strong factor in the Bangladeshi Sylheti community, and nationalistic even those young Sylhetis who've never been to Bangladesh.

Are you sylheti?

No i'm half Dutch and half Bangladeshi (Dhaka). But II love Bangladesh.

Maybe there can be something like EU in South Asia. But joining India is not possible. Maybe or may not be partition was the wrong thing in 1947. But after what has happened in so many years, it is not possible anymore. India wouldn't want this many Muslims inside. Neither Pakistan, Srilanka or Bangladesh would want to join India no matter what. But with improved relation free trade can be a reality.

Last edited:

NEVER.....what would be the advantage? NONE... We have nothing in common with either of those nations, won't see me giving up steak anytime soom.

Of course they aren't. They come from adivasis. They were the people indigenous to jungle before ANI and ASI came to the Indian Subcontinent. They are NOT desi

Nationalism as it exists today will die out.
But civilizations will remain. And there is will lie the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom