What's new

Are Apple products overrated?

I got an IPhone SE and running the latest OS, it works just fine.

This is my first Apple product, would I buy Apple again? Only if the internal memory is good enough as there is no SD card slot. It’s overpriced in my opinion.

@UKBengali a £400 laptop with 32gb RAM?!?!?!?

Nah, custom built desktop.

Forgot to say the two SSDs were 200 pounds extra.

Are Apple products overrated? Please elaborate.

Apple is not a product, its an ideology, belief system that how a product and its system should work. Its not the price of technology that you pay, its the price of the belief that you buy enclosed in a hardware.

I have always been a Windows user, but then I got exposed to Mac and after 20 years of being a loyal windows user, I switched. It was a tough call, I had to change the way my brain thinks, memory of how my documents will be managed, the software I used to use, but it was a change for the better. Life with apple kicks in slow but once you get going, changing back from Mac to windows feels stupid. Apple is not something that makes you feel excited, its something that makes you feel calm, in control and minimally sufficient. You feel you have everything you wanted, and nothing that was un-necessary. This is what you buy, this is what you pay for, and it is an non-tangible commodity. Thus when yous say "Apple product", its not the hardware or look/feel you are mentioning, and like an ideology of life, it is priceless.

So answering your question directly, apple products are not expensive. You got to understand their worth before you understand their value.

Last edited:
Apple is not a product, its an ideology, belief system that how a product and its system should work. Its not the price of technology that you pay, its the price of the belief that you buy enclosed in a hardware.

I have always been a Windows user, but then I got exposed to Mac and after 20 years of being a loyal windows user, I switched. It was a tough call, I had to change the way my brain things and works, but it was a change for the better. Life with apple kicks in slow, it is not something that makes you excited, its something that makes you feel calm, in control and minimally sufficient. This is what you buy, this is what you pay for, and it is an non-tangible commodity that you buy, and pay for.

Same here. Owned exclusively Windows desktops/laptops from 1992 to 2010. Then I bought a MacBook Pro ~2010 and still use it as my primary even though I bought a new Windows laptop a few years ago and now have 10 running on it. The MacBook Pro just works. No stupid safe reboot crap or dll missing nuttiness.

Frankly I never used any Apple products. Apple products are more of a status symbol and severely overpriced, at dawn of touch smart phone technology they controlled the market but not anymore. Also the repair / maintenance cost of Apple product feels like someone kicked you between the legs. Search youtube there are nightmare stories about Apple products. Dont get me wrong I am not here to bash one of the most successful, innovative Tech companies out there just giving my opinion check following video for idea

Last edited:
Are Apple products overrated? Please elaborate.
Much durable and have long life than others be it laptops or smart phones

This is something to Apple products which cannnot be denied.

Since 2013 I have used: HTC One, Samsung Galaxy S3, S4, S5, S6, S7 Edge, S8, Huawei P20 Pro and Google Nexus etc

My wife: iPhone 5, iPhone 7 and iPhone X

Apple fans are loyal to their devices and replace less often and their resale value is also very compelling. Since 2013 I had also used iPhone 5C, 5S and 6s and 6S Plus but I am generally Android user

Same is true for laptop

I have replaced couple of Lenovo, HP, Dell laptops since 2013 with Dell XPS 13 being my present laptop until it lasts that is since I sold Macbook Pro which I surprisingly used for around 2 years...

Since 2013 my wife only upgraded her Macbook Pro once from 2012? to 2014 Model and didn't sell her 2012 model either just that it developed a small problem but still works as a backup laptop for her

Apple customers know that they are buying a commitment and not just a product for the coming years
Experienced the Same only techie geeks might have a problem with old devices else they are very durable considering the life of the product

I have an Apple iPhone 7 Plus for 1.5 years and I was going to buy an iPhone X but since it doesn’t have home button I can’t work with it.

[I have noticed that Apple will not produce Apple X series in future anymore]

It is ok to have Apple products, they are better quality than windows and android devices, as well as easier, more secure, more solid and more fun.

3D touch makes your typing a way easier than Android devices.

I’m loyal to Apple products for 5 years, however I’ve missed my Android devices as well as and I’m going to buy a galaxy S9+ soon.

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom