What's new

Are Apple products overrated?

Yes.

Android is far better for phones/tablets, and for computers/laptops pretty much everyone is
better than Apple, even Alienware.

Apple sells overpriced garbage that is technologically inferior to any of its competition that exists at a similar price. Some of their products lack even the most basic of functions, like a headphone jack.

MMmmm apple of the eye, apple juice, apple pie, apple fruitcake, apple crumble, apples/oranges, apple a day keeps the doctor away. Apple over rated? Nah! We are talking of fruit right?

I will not say they are overrated but they are definitely overpriced
They are overpriced because of their software otherwise hardware of iPhone or MacBook is same or even inferior to others cheaper options available in market but since their software is excellent and run smoothly even on less powerful hardware thats why they charge more
I am android guy when it come to mobile phones and window guy when it come to PCs.

Apple is loosing in innovation and still not tapping mid range market where China is gaining rapidly, also their products are overpriced.

Are Apple products overrated? Please elaborate.
No! You pay for quality, stability and security. Apple is an eco-system of its own.

Android have vulnerabilities and instabilities.

Last edited:
No! You pay for quality, stability and security. Apple is an eco-system of its own.

Android have vulnerabilities and instabilities.

I’m using my 2014 iPhone 6 and it runs fine. All OS upgrades on their latest phones still work on mine. Can’t argue with that. Probably end up giving it to the kids even though they have newer Androids.

I will not say they are overrated but they are definitely overpriced
They are overpriced because of their software otherwise hardware of iPhone or MacBook is same or even inferior to others cheaper options available in market but since their software is excellent and run smoothly even on less powerful hardware thats why they charge more
I am android guy when it come to mobile phones and window guy when it come to PCs.

Dude, I work in IT and so know a little about the matter.

As long as you do not add any customisations(extra RAM, swap HD to SSD) to Apple computers, they are not overpriced.

Apple does not produce cheap computers like PC makers do. If you want quality and do not mind macOS, then a MAC is a good choice.

Last edited:
Dude, I work in IT and so know a little about the matter.

As long as you do add any customisations(extra RAM, swap HD to SSD) to apple computers, they are not overpriced.

Apple does not produce cheap computers like PC makesr do. If you want quality and do not mind macOS, then a MAC is a good choice.
I don't know what is your definition of overpriced

If two PC are sharing same specification but window laptop cost £400 pound while MacBook cost £800 pound then MacBook is charging extra 400 plus just for software experience which is overpriced in my opinion

now same goes when comparing top end android phones with apple iPhone for example compare the specification i.e hardware of iPhone X with oneplus 6

https://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=8858&idPhone2=9109

and then tell me if iPhone X deserve £600 more just for ios experience

I don't know what is your definition of overpriced

If two PC are sharing same specification but window laptop cost £400 pound while MacBook cost £800 pound then MacBook is charging extra 400 plus just for software experience which is overpriced in my opinion

now same goes when comparing top end android phones with apple iPhone for example compare the specification i.e hardware of iPhone X with oneplus 6

https://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=8858&idPhone2=9109

and then tell me if iPhone X deserve £600 more just for ios experience

Did I say anything about iPhones? They are too expensive for the hardware for sure.

A Macbook for 800 pounds would be better quality than a Windows laptop for 400 pounds.

If you look at the components that make up a MAC then it is for sure equivalent to a PC. You need to also take into account the amount of free quality software that comes with MAC and the fact that OS upgrades a free, and the much higher resale value of a MAC.

Lastly, Small example of how buying a MAC can save you money is if you needed to password protect a PDF. This is built into the MAC, whereas you would need to buy 3rd party software to do this on a Windows PC.

Did I say anything about iPhones? They are too expensive for the hardware for sure.

A Macbook for 800 pounds would be better quality than a Windows laptop for 400 pounds.

If you look at the components that make up a MAC then it is for sure equivalent to a PC. You need to also take into account the amount of free quality software that comes with MAC and the fact that OS upgrades a free, and the much higher resale value of a MAC.

Lastly, Small example of how buying a MAC can save you money is if you needed to password protect a PDF. This is built into the MAC, whereas you would need to buy 3rd party software to do this on a Windows PC.
Upgrade is available for windows as well . Its easy to download free software for windows PC than for MacBook. I don't remember when I paid for any software to us eit on windows. I have got free videos editiong software, free office software and youtube downloader even paid ones from t Torrent :D If you are IT guys then you must have known about crack and patching and windows PCs are easy to repairs as well and can run multi operating system i.e Linux as well as windows

Upgrade is available for windows as well . Its easy to download free software for windows PC than for MacBook. I don't remember when I paid for any software to us eit on windows. I have got free videos editiong software, free office software and youtube downloader even paid ones from t Torrent :D If you are IT guys then you must have known about crack and patching and windows PCs are easy to repairs as well and can run multi operating system i.e Linux as well as windows

I am talking about legitimate software dude.:D

Nope, Windows PCs break a lot more than MACs. MACs hardly ever develop faults as long as they are being used correctly. Most support issues with MACs are to do with installing software whereas with Windows it tends to be updates causing issues, drivers and faulty hardware.

A business would pay maybe more for the MAC upfront but they would get that back in having a more reliable machine that would need less support, last longer and have at least some resale value when it is time to decommission.

PS - you can easily install Windows on a MAC by using the built-in Bootcamp software.

I am talking about legitimate software dude.:D

Nope, Windows PCs break a lot more than MACs. MACs hardly ever develop faults as long as they are being used correctly. Most support issues with MACs are to do with installing software whereas with Windows it tends to be updates causing issues, drivers and faulty hardware.

A business would pay maybe more for the MAC upfront but they would get that back in having a more reliable machine that would need less support, last longer and have at least some resale value when it is time to decommission.

PS - you can easily install Windows on a MAC by using the built-in Bootcamp software.
Dude I am not here to take side of either. You are free to buy apple if its what you need or happy with. I was just sharing my opinion . I bought MacBook only once and sold it within few months and never went back to MacBook. I never had any problem running window PC and software and my last window laptop was used(extensively ) for 5 years and finally gave it to my relatives and upgraded to new one who is still running fine after 3 years ..I have my limitation of prices when it come to spending on gadgets for example I will never buy a phone costing more than 400 pounds. I will never going to buy a laptop costing more than 500 pounds so apple is never for me or those who consider price to spec ratio before purchasing PCS/smartphones

Dude I am not here to take side of either. You are free to buy apple if its what you need or happy with. I was just sharing my opinion . I bought MacBook only once and sold it within few months and never went back to MacBook. I never had any problem running window PC and software and my last window laptop was used(extensively ) for 5 years and finally gave it to my relatives and upgraded to new one who is still running fine after 3 years ..I have my limitation of prices when it come to spending on gadgets for example I will never buy a phone costing more than 400 pounds. I will never going to buy a laptop costing more than 500 pounds so apple is never for me or those who consider price to spec ratio before purchasing PCS/smartphones

Dude, I buy stuff based on need and price/performance and am loyal to neither PCs/Android or Apple.

I have the following:

1. Cheap Windows PC that cost me £400 with 2 SSDs and 32GB RAM. It was configured this way as I have one SSD that boots up into server OS to allow me to power on a dozen virtual machines at once.

2. Just brought a new iMAC that cost £1349 that I use for surfing, watching videos, office and some gaming. It is expensive but when you consider the quality of the components and the fact that it has a 4K screen, I do not think if I built a Windows machine with similar specs I would be paying much less.

3. Android phone(P20 Pro) that would have cost me £799 if I brought it sim free but I paid less than half price for this.

I got an IPhone SE and running the latest OS, it works just fine.

This is my first Apple product, would I buy Apple again? Only if the internal memory is good enough as there is no SD card slot. It’s overpriced in my opinion.

@UKBengali a £400 laptop with 32gb RAM?!?!?!?

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom