What's new

Are Apple products overrated?

Depends on what you buy from Apple. I think iPhones are too expensive for what you get.

I have just brought a 2017 21.5 Inch 4K iMac and do think that it is worth what I paid it - although that was only because I got it for 100 UK Pounds cheaper from Amazon!
The components from screen, speakers, fusion drive, CPU and peripherals such as keyboard and mouse are all top of the drawer.
Another important point with Apple products is that they still have a decent resale value after many years of use, and so the ownership costs of the hardware and the software is not more than what you will get elsewhere.

My wife loves Apple products... She has the iPad, MacBook pro , and an iPhone.. i am on the other hand Andriod and windows for computing.

I do think apple apple products last longer and do not break as often and are easier to manage (no learning curve)

So in the long run... Apple products are more cost effective if you do not always upgrade to the latest model just for the sake of upgrading.

Not just over-rated but Hell overpriced .. I am using Motorola Moto Z , and it contains very good features , my Wife is using Iphone 8 plus , and she often complains about certain things .. I enjoyed using Iphone 5 , but recent models are overpriced as Fuq ..

This is something to Apple products which cannnot be denied.

Since 2013 I have used: HTC One, Samsung Galaxy S3, S4, S5, S6, S7 Edge, S8, Huawei P20 Pro and Google Nexus etc

My wife: iPhone 5, iPhone 7 and iPhone X

Apple fans are loyal to their devices and replace less often and their resale value is also very compelling. Since 2013 I had also used iPhone 5C, 5S and 6s and 6S Plus but I am generally Android user

Same is true for laptop

I have replaced couple of Lenovo, HP, Dell laptops since 2013 with Dell XPS 13 being my present laptop until it lasts that is since I sold Macbook Pro which I surprisingly used for around 2 years...

Since 2013 my wife only upgraded her Macbook Pro once from 2012? to 2014 Model and didn't sell her 2012 model either just that it developed a small problem but still works as a backup laptop for her

Apple customers know that they are buying a commitment and not just a product for the coming years

It lasts longer than Android products, I am using iPhone 7 plus for 2 years now, can possibly use it for another year and a half. After that my cousin can use for few more years. My labmate is using iPhone 5s from 2013-14.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom