What's new

ARDE develops modern sub-machine carbine for Army

MSMC+Poster.JPG

I posted a poster in comment #9.

Barrel length is 300m. Compared to MP5s 225 mm, and MP7s 180 mm. I hope that makes you happy.

This things barrel is already unusually long.

Conclusive enough..thanks

What if a terrorist happens to be firing from a window some 150 metres away ? do you change the gun to shoot him down? My point is,a little versatility would be better,it may come handy at times.
A carbine is part of the equipment that only a section commander and second crew member of an LMG det carries within that section comprising 10 soldiers. If a terrorist is 150m away, the rest of the section fires with their rifles which have an effective range of 200m. However, if and when the situation arises, a section commander can also fire at that range with a carbine using the sight of the carbine, as aimed fire. In auto mode, you may be able to hit the terrorist at that range.

Bottom line: Carbines are a Close Quarter Battle (CQB) weapon used for instant action at short ranges.

hope it don't get stuck at crucial times and what will be used as replacement for insas ?

MSMCs will replace the Sterling SMGs in the military. X95s, MP 5s and Berettas MX Storms are already replacing the Sterlings in the Central Police Forces and Paramilitary organizations.

INSAS will be replaced by a multi caliber AR. Most likely from Beretta, Colt, Israels IWI, Switzerland's Sig-Sauer or the Czech Republic's Ceska.

I have no faith in MSMC. It epitomizes the lack of foresight, laziness and lack of creativity from DRDO. It uses the same long sroke gas block from Insas which was copied from AK to begin with, apart from that it uses a 5.56 x 30 cartridge, which will have the same stopping power as the 22LR ( may be a tad more), I am sure Indian army is not accepting this stupidity of drdo!!!!!

CQB with a fmj 22 cal bullet, brilliant indeed DRDO, who come up with this kinda crap?

MSMCs will replace the Sterling SMGs in the military. X95s, MP 5s and Berettas MX Storms are already replacing the Sterlings in the Central Police Forces and Paramilitary organizations.

INSAS will be replaced by a multi caliber AR. Most likely from Beretta, Colt, Israels IWI, Switzerland's Sig-Sauer or the Czech Republic's Ceska.
imo that 9mm sterling is more capable than this msmc

CQB with a fmj 22 cal bullet, brilliant indeed DRDO, who come up with this kinda crap?

imo that 9mm sterling is more capable than this msmc

Why? MSMC is more powerful and versatile and can use various gun sights and other stuff on it.

Why? MSMC is more powerful and versatile and can use various gun sights and other stuff on it.

OFB manufactured standard 5.56 x 45 is already underpowered, when you take 5.56 x 45 (energy 1125 ft/lb )and cut it down to 30mm case length, your energy drops to something around 750 ft/lb. 5.56 nato's main advantage has been it's high velocity which compensates for it's small diameter, but when you cut down the case length, you end up with crappy terminal ballistics and crappy velocity. A 9mm round still will travel at a lower velocity than the 5.56 x 30 but will have a projectile almost twice the diameter, the bullet weight at 9.54 grains for ofb 9mm fmj is twice of the 5.56, hence it will be much more effective at close range. Your optics wont do anything if your bullet cannot take down the enemy, unless you plan of flinging optics to take down your enemy... :woot:

Back
Top Bottom