What's new

Arabs See Pakistan as Future Superpower

Dont get so emotional like Iranians do.

We have no disputes with Arabs and they are also our Muslim brothers so why not improve relations with them.

Pakistan doesnt need anymore enemies.

"An open enemy is better than a false friend" :wave:

Iran wants to be the leader of the Muslim world but in my opinion Arabs will never accept Iran as the leader, and you can not ignore Arab countries when talking about Muslim countries.
So this just leaves Pakistan and Saudi Arabia but Saudi Arabia does not have a strong military and intelligence agency as Pakistan. Saudi rulers are internationally known as pets of the US government. No offense to anyone, but this is the truth.

Not sure who could be 'the leader' of the Islamic world. The very term 'Islamic' would give a lot of power to KSA--if their rulers can rise above petty sectarian issues. Indeed, as Mahir Ali wrote in Dawn.com a couple of days ago, the very strength of some of these Arab rulers is based upon Washington's support.
Turkey is almost centrally located. And is a good 'model' which embraces religion with modernity. But Turkey cannot ride in two boats. Their acceptance in the Islamic world will be measured by their confrontation of Israel (and, by extension, of Washington).
Pakistan: Well, some people accuse Pakistanis of 'identity crisis' but it may not such a bad thing. To me Pakistan is definitely a South Asian country--much of the population's social norms like northern/western India. But Pakistan does have strong Iranian, Arabic and Turkic influences. And Pakistan--even if Sunni-majority--has always produced great Shia leaders.

With my own 'musings' done--not matching Haq's Musings by any means--I think Pakistan is ripe for rapid growth once the WOT ends. I have no doubt about that. And I think our naive Pakistanis need to realize that it is not 'corruption' of 'politicians' which is holding Pakistan back. It is the lack of peace.

it will not just take leadership, to educate 170 million pakistani is a tough and time consuming challenge

to completely overhaul the system corrupted by zamindars, jagirdars and waderas established by brits in 100 years will be a tough challenge

Pakistan has accomplished a lot, and will do even better in the future, in spite of all the problems you talk about.

While the worst 5% of the Pakistan story gets all the headlines, the reality of Pakistan today as vibrant society and a strong nation gets ignored by the mainstream media. The real story of Pakistan is the resilience of its 180 million citizens who continue to strive to make it better and stronger.

Haq's Musings: Pakistan's Story After 64 Years of Independence

Yes I know Arab was very friendly supports to Pakistan but the million question is FUTURE it will be changing games if Pakistan get along with Turkey and Iran which are enemies of Arabs. I am just saying similar to China's neighbors (change behaviors to West favors now)

i guess u r not living in this world and also like to know ur liking of the history, brother

Arab and turks never were enemies there were some issues but now as u can see ordogan is most popular among arab masses and turky is good model and all the arab r proud of them

Now a bit of history lesson wheneve othmans prepared themselves to invade europe , the safvees used to invade their territories

Pakistan and turky will never unite with iran to humiliate arab

I STILL DON'T UNDERSTAND MY PAKISTANI BROTHERS IF OUR ARAB BROTHERS R PRAISING US AND LOOK TOWARDS US , WHAT ELSE THEY HAVE TO PROVE ?

TARIQ

I STILL DON'T UNDERSTAND MY PAKISTANI BROTHERS IF OUR ARAB BROTHERS R PRAISING US AND LOOK TOWARDS US , WHAT ELSE THEY HAVE TO PROVE ?

TARIQ

Though I differ with you on some very important issues, I have to agree with you: Some of us Pakistanis here are more Turkish then the Turks themselves when they bring up the WW I and the so-called 'Arab' betrayal of the Turks. These Pakistanis create enemies where none exist. Pathetic lot, indeed.
To me, the entire humanity is the same. But it must first start being the same from the neighborhood. "You know what I am saying" :)

Assalam alaikum

I think those who r trying to become turks is not bcoz the love turks it is more like bughz-e- mu3aya r-a

turks r loving their arab brothers and arab do the same.

Too much of agreement sometime make us munafiq and too much of disagreement could be cause of bughz as long as we r balanced in our approach it is fine with me even if somebody opposes me

TARIQ

In answer to another question about the preferred country they would like to live in, France topped the list with 28% (down from 36% in 2009), followed by Germany 22% (down from 25%), Britain 15% (up from 10%), China 11% (up from 9%), US 10% (up from 5%), Russia 4% (flat) and Pakistan just 2% (up from 1% in 2009).

This is the amazing thing about this survey, no one is mentioning there own Countries that they live in...... They want to enjoy the western culture lifestyle/Commercial prosperity.

I think (my only opinion) if you ask a regular Indian in India and made a survey, India would be at the top of the list of living before any other Possibilities..........

So clearly the survey of these countries of Muslims does make a statement...

Thanks..

This is the amazing thing about this survey, no one is mentioning there own Countries that they live in...... They want to enjoy the western culture lifestyle/Commercial prosperity.

I think (my only opinion) if you ask a regular Indian in India and made a survey, India would be at the top of the list of living before any other Possibilities..........

Any crackdown on illegal immigrants abroad or restricting quotas to Indians are a major concern to India’s politicians. The latest statistics from US Department of Homeland Security shows that the numbers of Indian illegal migrants jumped 125% since 2000! Ever wondered why Indians migrate to another countries but no one comes to India for a living?

A Zillion reasons to escape from India

Any crackdown on illegal immigrants abroad or restricting quotas to Indians are a major concern to India’s politicians. The latest statistics from US Department of Homeland Security shows that the numbers of Indian illegal migrants jumped 125% since 2000! Ever wondered why Indians migrate to another countries but no one comes to India for a living?

A Zillion reasons to escape from India

I bet you they where based on educational visas then illegal ones!!!!!!!!!!!! You want to make a bet!!!!!!!!!

The latest statistics from US Department of Homeland Security shows that the numbers of Indian illegal migrants jumped 125% since 2000!

Can you provide a hard link to this percentage!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks.......

I think (my only opinion) if you ask a regular Indian in India and made a survey, India would be at the top of the list..........

Don't believe his "interpretation" of the report

"In a world where there is only one superpower, Which of the following countries would you prefer to be that superpower? became "Pakistan figured as the only Muslim majority country as a potential superpower in 2011 Arab Public Opinion Poll "

f2so77.jpg

The survey gave them a list of country to choose from, their own country was obviously not given as a choice.

http://www.brookings.edu/~/media/Files/rc/reports/2011/1121_arab_public_opinion_telhami/1121_arab_public_opinion.pdf

Prosperity is not 'Western'. It is prosperity. People vote with their feet. May be they used to go to ancient China or India or Egypt regardless of their backgrounds? Today poor people from as far as Myanmar come to Pakistan for opportunities. Is Pakistan really their role model? No, they follow the path of least resistance. Too many neo-cons in American crow about immigrants wanting America--but immigrants also want MANY other countries as well. But the neo-cons--unlike the rest of other world--spin it as some kind of 'American Exceptionalism' to start wars for 'freedom and democracy'. It is very important to undestand how deeply the NeoCons have ingrained economic migration with strategic foreign wars.
I take strong exception to these simplicistic ideas that because you live in a foreign country you have to subscribe to each and everyone of its policies. Our resident @JayAtl excels in baiting the immigrants on that count.

The survey gave them a list of country to choose from, their own country was obviously not given as a choice.

Now you bring up a brand new issue; My question to you is why Not??????

Now you bring up a brand new issue; My question to you is why Not??????

If you look at the survey, "which of the following countries would you prefer to see as the only future superpower?" was followed by the question, "In which of the following countries would you prefer to live?"

Both the questions are related.

URL="http://www.brookings.edu/~/media/Files/rc/reports/2011/1121_arab_public_opinion_telhami/1121_arab_public_opinion.pdf"]http://www.brookings.edu/~/media/Files/rc/reports/2011/1121_arab_public_opinion_telhami/1121_arab_public_opinion.pdf[/URL]

And you fail to see why the locals were not given to choose their OWN country?

I am not saying this survey is genuine.
I don't know the answer to the survey's question. To me, Pakistan would be better off an island nation in the middle of the Pacific--rather than a 'strategic' or 'superpower' blah blah.

Back
Top Bottom