What's new

Arabs See Pakistan as Future Superpower

Don't believe his "interpretation" of the report

"In a world where there is only one superpower, Which of the following countries would you prefer to be that superpower? became "Pakistan figured as the only Muslim majority country as a potential superpower in 2011 Arab Public Opinion Poll "

The survey gave them a list of country to choose from, their own country was obviously not given as a choice.

Do you ever wonder why Prof Telhami, an Egyptian, would pick Pakistan as the only Muslim nation on the list? Why didn't he pick Egypt or Turkey or Indonesia? Does that have something to do with potential as seen by Dr. Telhami?

If you look at the survey, "which of the following countries would you prefer to see as the only future superpower?" was followed by the question, "In which of the following countries would you prefer to live?"

Both the questions are related.

Look buddy, I did have that simple common sense.... My question was more in detail, why did they not include there own countries?

Do you ever wonder why Prof Telhami, an Egyptian, would pick Pakistan as the only Muslim nation on the list? Why didn't he pick Egypt or Turkey or Indonesia? Does that have something to do with potential as seen by Dr. Telhami?

Nope, something to do with Nukes.

Turkey and Indonesia beats Pakistan in every field otherwise.

Nope, something to do with Nukes.

Turkey and Indonesia beats Pakistan in every field otherwise.

Possible. But what makes you think others can't develop nukes? American sources allege that Iran is close to having nuke. Why is Iran not on the list?

Look buddy, I did have that simple common sense.... My question was more in detail, why did they not include there own countries?

They did have Arab countries options as a separate question.

25k4yz7.jpg

IMO the other question was, "In which of the following countries(preferred future super power) would you prefer to live. So 7% of Arabs polled would prefer to see Pakistan as the only future power, but only 2% would want to live there.

collapse and superpower: two favorite subjects on def.pk.

Is that bothering you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

---------- Post added at 11:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 PM ----------

They did have Arab countries options as a separate question.

IMO the other question was, "In which of the following countries(preferred future super power) would you prefer to live. So 7% of Arabs polled would prefer to see Pakistan as the only future power, but only 2% would want to live there.

Again, my question is straight forward, in any survey, in the countries presented, did they anyways have there own countries listed? Is this a simple question or not........

Possible. But what makes you think others can't develop nukes? American sources allege that Iran is close to having nuke. Why is Iran not on the list?

Officially being a nuclear power, and close to having nukes are two different things.

Not to forget that Iran getting nuke will be seen as a threat in the Arab world. Let alone Arabs wanting to see them as the only future superpower.

From the very same poll.

Again, my question is straight forward, in any survey, in the countries presented, did they anyways have there own countries listed? Is this a simple question or not........

Good grief! You are making me doubt myself:lol:

Their own country was not given as a choice! Why? Because that would defeat the purpose of the question.

This section of survey, "Global Perspective", was about Arab Countries' opinion about the rest of the world, not about their own country.

Good grief! You are making me doubt myself:lol:

Their own country was not given as a choice! Why? Because that would defeat the purpose of the question.

This section of survey, "Global Perspective", was about Arab Countries' opinion about the rest of the world, not about their own country.

Why not!!!!!!!!!

In answer to another question about the preferred country they would like to live in, France topped the list with 28% (down from 36% in 2009), followed by Germany 22% (down from 25%), Britain 15% (up from 10%), China 11% (up from 9%), US 10% (up from 5%), Russia 4% (flat) and Pakistan just 2% (up from 1% in 2009).

With due regards ,Congrats to Pakistan on the polls ,however the public who took the polls rather seemingly love to stay in Germany ,Britain or USA etc rather than Pakistan , very contradictory poll results in my view !

What? What Superpower would ever want to share the power with another? The sole reason of being a superpower is to dictate everyone else, not to ask "hey, how you like this idea?". Superpowers say "Do you like this idea? No? *points a gun* "How about now?".

Pakistan is no where near being a superpower, it is one of the most dangerous countries to live in. No stability, poor economy, terrorism, huge enemy next door =/= Superpower

In that case neither is US a super power because its policy is dictated by the wonderful peace loving country called Israel.

Don't worry my friend, here in the US many people are waking up to this fact, just go ask the Occupy Wall Street protestors and hear for yourself what they think about Israel.

After Pakistan regains control over Afghanistan, giving itself strategic depth and reunifies with IOK, then Pakistan would be a true regional power.

I believe China should do everything to help Pakistan achieve this.

Iran and Turkey are also potential regional powers. Iran's main disadvantage is its a bit isolated in the Muslim world because it's Shia. Turkey's main disadvantage is it's too close politically to the West. If it leaves NATO and becomes independent, then it could be a true Islamic regional power (neo-Ottoman).

Three great Islamic regional powers Pakistan, Iran and Turkey would strike fear in USA. It would loosen USA's iron grip on Arab countries.

You have a great geopolitical depth of the region. Well put brother!

Back
Top Bottom