What's new

Arabs See Pakistan as Future Superpower

Isn't Turkey a member of OIC?

Pakistan sure has the potential to lead the islamic world. But there is a long way to go. Except for nuclear weapons and a huge army, they don't lead the muslim world in anything else. A possibility in a decade or two when Pak is the largest muslim economy.

I believe Pakistan also has the six largest Muslim economy (by overall GDP) as well.

Do you honestly believe without peace, stability, end of terrorism and freedom Pakistan will ever be a Muslim superpower?
I don't believe I said anything on those issues at all in this thread - I merely pointed out that 'past glories' are not justification enough for future status.
Patriotism is on the short end when there is no running water for your village or the money to live with dignity.
Again, I fail to see the relevance of your comments here to my earlier post ...

Pakistan and Iran will become the UK and France of the Muslim World.

Turkey will likely become the Germany of the Muslim World.

Well, regarding Iran, that is if the Saudis and Iranians put aside their petty disputes and stop polarizing the Muslim world, only then can this region be stabilized.

I don't believe I said anything on those issues at all in this thread - I merely pointed out that 'past glories' are not justification enough for future status.

Again, I fail to see the relevance of your comments here to my earlier post ...
Well to your earlier post about the Romans and etc.
The Romans and the Greeks have a failing economy while the mongols are far worse but Turkey is doing pretty good.

They have clearly shown their will in "suggesting" other Muslim countries how to run their countries.

---------- Post added at 02:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 AM ----------

Pakistan and Iran will become the UK and France of the Muslim World.

Turkey will likely become the Germany of the Muslim World.
You seem so sure yet what makes you think they won`t just stay the way they are right now?
Why not add Bangladesh if the population is all that determines the potential of power.

Super power tag will brings lot of threats than advantages, Better become a developed nation, be an important player around.

Do you honestly believe without peace, stability, end of terrorism and freedom Pakistan will ever be a Muslim superpower?

Patriotism is on the short end when there is no running water for your village or the money to live with dignity.
Ahem...cough...cough...Jewish Telegraph Agency was somewhat keenly watching the reaction of Muslim world. !!
The Iranian reaction to the news was much more threatening than the Palestinian one. In fact, the first foreign statesman to visit Pakistan after last week's tests was Kamal Kharrazi, Iran's foreign minister. Kharrazi rushed to use the opportunity to speak on behalf of the world's roughly 1 billion Muslims.

"The Muslims now feel greater security," he told journalists in Islamabad, "because Pakistan's nuclear capability could be a deterrent against the nuclear capability of Israel."

You seem so sure yet what makes you think they won`t just stay the way they are right now?
Why not add Bangladesh if the population is all that determines the potential of power.

Pakistan and Iran are militarily the most powerful Muslim nations, and economically it goes to Turkey.

I think my comparison is appropriate. :coffee:

Super power tag will brings lot of threats than advantages, Better become a developed nation, be an important player around.

I agree, the "super power" title is a little too far fetched and attaches to itself too many responsibilities, however Pakistan should strive to become a regional power.

Pakistan and Iran are militarily the most powerful Muslim nations, and economically goes to Turkey.

I think my comparison is suitable. :coffee:
And where does Egypt come into the equation? They are the most powerful Arab country and regardless of their revolution they still have one of the most powerful military in the Muslim world.

Well to your earlier post about the Romans and etc.
The Romans and the Greeks have a failing economy while the mongols are far worse but Turkey is doing pretty good.

They have clearly shown their will in "suggesting" other Muslim countries how to run their countries.

Other nation's can 'suggest' all they want, but as the US failures in Vietnam, Iraq and Afghanistan illustrate, even superpowers cannot influence the direction of another nation as long as the people of that nation do not wish to do so themselves, and act purposefully to bring about that change.

For Pakistan such a moment (for its people to promote change) will arrive when the next elections take place - 'change' in this context is no so much about the PTI being elected and Imran Khan actually being able to turn things around dramatically, but 'change' in the context that hopefully a much larger percentage of the electorate will turn out to vote, and will vote in a majority of candidates from outside the established parties like the PPP, PML-N, ANP, MQM etc.

Every nations has problems the thing which matter most is nation morale and will power to solve these problems. Despite problems every one is optimistic and we know we are future Muslim super power.

It's a possibility the next Caliph will take his seat from Islamabad. Pakistan has the ability to become the leader of the Muslim world, the anti-Muslims dubbed Pakistan's nuke the 'Islamic bomb' for this very reason. Being head of the Muslim world will automatically turn Pakistan into a world superpower.

Whether we like it or not the Muslim world has to unite to survive.

I agree, the "super power" title is a little too far fetched, however Pakistan should strive to become a regional power.

Not far fetched. But you will get more enemies. US is just surviving with NATO power and it's military power. Grow up economically.

Back
Top Bottom