What's new

Arab descriptions of early medieval South Asia

Wasn't suggesting but informing.

The suffix, originally an independent noun, but evolving into a suffix by virtue of appearing frequently as the last part in nominal compounds, is of Indo-Iranian and ultimately Indo-European origin: It is cognate with Sanskrit sthā́na (Devanagari: स्थान) – pronounced [st̪ʰaːna] – meaning "the act of standing", from which many further meanings derive, including "place, location", and ultimately descends from Proto-Indo-Iranian *sthāna-.

Chimps, Humans 96 Percent the Same, Gene Study Finds
This is a theory dude. U dont see many people accepting it world wide to give it a factual status.

BTW the world we were talking abt is us-tan not sthan.

My article is 5 yrs more advanced than yours...kindly read it!

However from your own article:

By comparing human and chimpanzee genomes, the researchers have identified several sequences of genetic code that differ between human and chimp. These sequences may hold the most promise for determining what creates human-specific traits such as speech.

Despite the similarities in human and chimp genomes, the scientists identified some 40 million differences among the three billion DNA molecules, or nucleotides, in each genome.

The vast majority of those differences are not biologically significant, but researchers were able to identify a couple thousand differences that are potentially important to the evolution of the human lineage.

:coffee: yet not a proof...Just that A , G , C, T can only be mixed up in limited ways....Heck even mice have some similarities with Human, did you evolve from mice?

Mind you out of 100% of the DNA only 1.5% codes for genes...if of the 98.5% is similar to an ape or a banana...it is not PROOF for anything!

This is a theory dude. U dont see many people accepting it world wide to give it a factual status.

BTW the world we were talking abt is us-tan not sthan.

Himalyam Samarabhya
Yavadindusarovaram
Tam Deonirmitam Desham
Hindusthanam Prachakshate

Translation: "The country which starts from Himalayas and the borders of which
reach till the Indian Ocean (Indu Sarovaram), has been created by devas and its
name is Hindusthan."

look carefully at the hymn above from the rigveda . The word mentioned here is Hindusthanam and not hindustan . Sthan means place or location . The name of the state of rajasthan also has the word sthan and not stan . Maybe that will clear some doubts .

look carefully at the hymn above from the rigveda . The word mentioned here is Hindusthanam and not hindustan . Maybe that will clear some doubts .

Like i said before hindu scripts r not taken as valid sources worldwide by Historians.
They r at their best just hypothesis/theories.

I am serious be cause we do not even have GENETIC prove that we are descendant from apes...

Why do I say this? Because its my field ...

Wrong there.... we ARE apes..... just check the classification.....

My article is 5 yrs more advanced than yours...kindly read it!

However from your own article:

:coffee: yet not a proof...Just that A , G , C, T can only be mixed up in limited ways....Heck even mice have some similarities with Human, did you evolve from mice?

Mind you out of 100% of the DNA only 1.5% codes for genes...if of the 98.5% is similar to an ape or a banana...it is not PROOF for anything!

So instead of evolution, the plausibble explanation is angry bearded guy in the sky... thats your solution!

@sandy_3126 @Thirdfront

Oh! And looky this yr's scientific research just c rashed the genetic difference between your ape ancestor and humans from 99 to 70% http://74.205.45.128/contents/379/arj/v6/chimpanzee_human_chromosomes.pdf

The Answers Research Journal is NOT a scientific journal but a creationist mouthpiece:

About Answers Research Journal - Answers Research Journal

About Answers Research Journal

Andrew A. Snelling, PhD (Geology), editor-in-chief

Answers in Genesis is excited to announce the launch of its online technical journal, Answers Research Journal. ARJ is a professional, peer-reviewed technical journal for the publication of interdisciplinary scientific and other relevant research from the perspective of the recent Creation and the global Flood within a biblical framework. All published papers may be freely copied, downloaded, quoted, and distributed for non-commercial and non-sale purposes (as long as the author of each publication is clearly identified, Answers Research Journal is acknowledged as the publication, and the integrity of the work is not compromised).

Last edited by a moderator:
The Answers Research Journal is NOT a scientific journal but a creationist mouthpiece:

About Answers Research Journal - Answers Research Journal

About Answers Research Journal

Andrew A. Snelling, PhD (Geology), editor-in-chief

Answers in Genesis is excited to announce the launch of its online technical journal, Answers Research Journal. ARJ is a professional, peer-reviewed technical journal for the publication of interdisciplinary scientific and other relevant research from the perspective of the recent Creation and the global Flood within a biblical framework. All published papers may be freely copied, downloaded, quoted, and distributed for non-commercial and non-sale purposes (as long as the author of each publication is clearly identified, Answers Research Journal is acknowledged as the publication, and the integrity of the work is not compromised).
@Talon, open a thread on evolution, and I will be more than happy to discuss it there. lets not further derail this one

Like i said before hindu scripts r not taken as valid sources worldwide by Historians.
They r at their best just hypothesis/theories.

Like they don't take any religious scripts as valid sources. They are not even considered hypothesis or theories (including hindu scriptures)......

Back
Top Bottom