What's new

Aquiring Stealthy ships for PN

Very good weapon. Back in the day we wanted the navy to go with the 30mm as in goalkeeper, but as you can tell did not. G/E (general electric) which which had control of the GAU-8 Avenger cannon at the time. It was cool to see the russin version of phalanx, Kashtan which has 2 30mm guns and 8 IR missiles SA-N-11 Grisson. That must be one hell-of weapon system.

In my opinion I agree with all the brass, and say RAM is better, but I still say keep phanlanx or sea-wiz, or R2D2 which ever you like to call it, as a back up. But so far RAM is getting first shot first kill.

Very good weapon. Back in the day we wanted the navy to go with the 30mm as in goalkeeper, but as you can tell did not. G/E (general electric) which which had control of the GAU-8 Avenger cannon at the time. It was cool to see the russin version of phalanx, Kashtan which has 2 30mm guns and 8 IR missiles SA-N-11 Grisson. That must be one hell-of weapon system.

In my opinion I agree with all the brass, and say RAM is better, but I still say keep phanlanx or sea-wiz, or R2D2 which ever you like to call it, as a back up. But so far RAM is getting first shot first kill.

Well the Chinese frigates I believe have two phalanx slots. The PN ordered 6 upgrades for the CWIS they had and six new units. Since the RAM is independent I don't see why it would not be possible to pop one in one of the slots.

Have both a Chinese CWIS and the RAM on the ship

Does anyone know if it is possible to fit RAM on the ship? Does it requires extensive integration with other electronics?

Well the Chinese frigates I believe have two phalanx slots. The PN ordered 6 upgrades for the CWIS they had and six new units. Since the RAM is independent I don't see why it would not be possible to pop one in one of the slots.

Have both a Chinese CWIS and the RAM on the ship

The chinese my have CIWS but not RAM, they do have a missile system, but its not RAM in any way shape or form.

The missile system they have are the HQ-61 using semi-active radar. and a range of 10km
(6.2miles) with manual reloading. a.k.a CSA-N-2 and is a very poor missile system.

Also the HQ-7 (CSA-N-4) again uses semi-active radar and IR tracking. Range about 12-15km (7-9miles) and is resistant to jamming.

They also use the HQ-9 which is still in testing range100km (62miles)

The chinese my have CIWS but not RAM, they do have a missile system, but its not RAM in any way shape or form.

The missile system they have are the HQ-61 using semi-active radar. and a range of 10km
(6.2miles) with manual reloading. a.k.a CSA-N-2 and is a very poor missile system.

Also the HQ-7 (CSA-N-4) again uses semi-active radar and IR tracking. Range about 12-15km (7-9miles) and is resistant to jamming.

They also use the HQ-9 which is still in testing range100km (62miles)

Yes what I am refering to is the mount for a seaRAM to go into. It has a independent targeting system and doesn't require integration into the ships systems. This would allow it to be fitted onto for example the f-22p frigates.
Combine a seaRAM and a CWIS and you hve a pretty good goalkeeper system.

Does anyone know if it is possible to fit RAM on the ship? Does it requires extensive integration with other electronics?

seaRAM can go onto any phalanx system that has been upgraded to a 1B standard. It has its own radar suite and thus requires little or no integration with the ship borne systems. the Pakistani phalanxes were upgraded to this standard as well as 6 more being purchased.

Pn is very very slow they buy something good in 2 to 3 decade they bought F 22 frigates in last decade wait for more 20 years

Thats a really interesting observation. What is the average gun used in the USN ships? Can't this ship be customized with a much bigger gun? Now when one is fighting with the USN of course it has capability to bring down the RBS 15Mk-II missiles, but what about when it comes to INS which operates Barak (Future Barak II) and Klub missiles?

A naval ship is a hard target for any surface munition. Unless the ship has a long detection range and up to date point-defense platforms such as SeaRAM, RAM, ESSM, LaWS or YGLSS.., damage is inevitable. Today speed is the dominance at anti-ship missiles. That's why sub-surface warfare is a higher priority sometimes. As for INS, we can not conclude a possible scenario because in naval warfare, attack planning and ship defense is a very complex and integrated thing that even one second could cost lives or you can even hit your own deck. You have to plan for the weakest point of that ship but also draw the route where the CIWSs have the least success rate to intercept. Which is a very dependable fact and and at modern ships it may not work. That was during Cold War era of course but still in the field book of most navies.

It is possible if your platform systems apply for STANAG's C4ISR standards. But if it is planned to be integrated on a ship exported by China and let's say even US has approved that, it is highly likely that the system may not be in compliance with the CMS of the ship. You'll get system errors, crashes...etc.

Back
Top Bottom