What's new

Anything else to tour in India?

Btw who all have seen the real graves underground in taj??:cool:
I hardly doubt anyone, especially the young posters, as they are sealed off...those who have seen would be in their 30s or more....

All Mughal places have Islamic words and allah written :wave:
I wonder Akbar ever wrote Allah on fatehpur sikiri??that may be the reason he died before making it as capital.Whole new city remain without occupants from start.

I wonder if Akbar would have done Deen-e-Ilahi type of stunt in 21st century he would have been Wajib-e-qatal and kiiled by some lunatic like mumtaz qadiri for blasphemy.Thanks heaven he was ruler himself.

I have never seen Taj Mahal even though i am Indian..I do not find anything fascinating about it...I am currently only traveling to see caves in maharashtra which have thousands of years of history,

Trekking in Maharashtra - Trekking Sites in Maharashtra, Maharashtra Treks

Also i am slowly completing all the forts in maharashtra

Maharashtra Forts - Forts of Maharashtra India, Maharashtra Historical Forts

you should see the Taj in real...in pics it appears as if its nothing great....but it takes away your breath when yo see it in person.....the sheer sight of it is magnificient

you should see the Taj in real...in pics it appears as if its nothing great....but it takes away your breath when yo see it in person.....the sheer sight of it is magnificient
See it on full moon....and you won't e able to close your mouth coz of aw...:D

That's why it was covered with leaves,branches,trees etc. during Indo-Pak war...so that PAF can't bomb on it.

I do want to see Taj Mahal...It is pride of our nation..but I do not buy the lie that it was built for love and crap..It is beautiful mixture of islamic,hindu architecture..

See it on full moon....and you won't e able to close your mouth coz of aw...:D

That's why it was covered with leaves,branches,trees etc. during Indo-Pak war...so that PAF can't bomb on it.

I don't think Pakistan would bomb your cultural monuments, even during a war.

Though you should have seen what the Red Guards did to our historical artifacts and monuments during the Cultural Revolution.

Pieces of art that were thousands of years old, they threw red paint on them and smashed them to pieces.

taj mahal is a symbol of love........there is no question of religion in that.........we indians are proud to have such monument in our country......

Pics or it didn't happen. A cow is not considered a Hindu symbol..
I forgot the name of documentary.....and article with pics....may be you can google it....and debunk my claim...

@Rest
Do you guys know there was a black Taj Mahal...and its not a hoax.

Did you mean "motive"?

Is it my fault that India has mostly promoted places like the Taj Mahal to outsiders?

I still don't get the problem. The Taj Mahal is an Indian structure, who cares who it was built by?

The poster at No 1 wanted info of imp places of non Islamic origin.

I agree with you completely, who cares. Some of the buildings in Shanghai along the water front are of Brit origin ( one of them is a hotel) , they are as wonderful as any other I see each time I travel to china.

As regards not knowing any other place than Taj mahal, it s more to do with how tourism is developed. Taj forms a part of the Golden Triangle ( Delhi - Agra - Jaipur) which a convenient quick trip travel agents plan and tout . The road / rail / air links also help.

The fact that it is among the wonders of the world also helps the Taj.

Besides the Taj there are numerous structures / places that pre exist Islam. A large number of these structures were either destroyed during the Islamic era or went to seed for want of funds & maintenance.

Those that exist are either in the South - even below the Deccan Plateau or in inaccessible places - Ajanta/ Ellora, Khajuraho etc.

I don't think Pakistan would bomb your cultural monuments, even during a war.

Though you should have seen what the Red Guards did to our historical artifacts and monuments during the Cultural Revolution.

Pieces of art that were thousands of years old, they threw red paint on them and smashed them to pieces.
In war, destruction of Taj Mahal would have psychological effect, if we can't guard it, how they hell can we guard a city from enemy airforces....This destruction would have been a slap on the face of IAF and defense units at Agra...

Everytime when westerners speak of Indian tourism, only thing that comes out of their mouth is the Taj Mahal. Is their not any Hindu monument close to the excellent architecture of the Islamic Taj Mahal?

Keep in mind that I'm only talking about Hindu architecture!

LOL You must get educated asap.

The Hindu : States / Tamil Nadu : Tamil Nadu retains second slot in attracting foreign tourists

Maharashtra attracts the most foreign tourists and Tamil Nadu is second. And most of the places in these two states, especially Tamil Nadu, are Hindu religious temples and natural spots. UP, which hosts Taj Mahal, is placed fourth.

So no, not every tourist comes here for Taj Mahal even though it is a prime Indian tourist attraction.

Hey btw it does not matter if Taj Mahal is islamic or not -- just like the legacy of IVC apparently stops at Wagah border, so does the legacy of Taj Mahal.

Stop being a parasite and leeching our legacy [in the words of a historian here]..:D

Back
Top Bottom