What's new

Anything else to tour in India?

There are unlimited amount of temples in India .
Whay matters is how much can u explore ?
Btw taj is a masterpeice , it has a rich history and also is one of the seven wonders hence all this hype about taj in the western world :woot:
I personally beleive there are many other much more pleasent tourist attractions than taj .
@ Icewolf : I realised your motto for starting this thread :lol:

800px-Amritsar_Golden_Temple_3.JPG

Golden Temple Amritsar

I stayed away from Golden temple and Ranarpur as he mentioned Hindu temples else these 2 are among top 5 in my list.

when did i or any indian say anything about who built it??? it is you who is continuously bringing that up...i am just providing facts of tourists data to prove otherwise..did you not have your morning coffee yet??

I have not heard of Maharasta, but have you heard of Jiangsu? I'm guessing not?

I stayed away from Golden temple and Ranarpur as he mentioned Hindu temples else these 2 are among top 5 in my list.

Well, I am sure what he meant in his post was non-muslim architecture. Anyways those temples are of equal importance to millions of Hindus apart from Sikhs and Jainis..

Maharashtra is the state where Mumbai is. making it easy for you ;)

No i have not heard of Jiangsu..but that is because i have not yet planned to travel china..if i ever plan to travel china I will surely study about all the places to visit in china rather than just one wall...do you get my point and thus futility of this thread??

There are unlimited amount of temples in India .
Whay matters is how much can u explore ?
Btw taj is a masterpeice , it has a rich history and also is one of the seven wonders hence all this hype about taj in the western world :woot:
I personally beleive there are many other much more pleasent tourist attractions than taj .
@ Icewolf : I realised your motto for starting this thread :lol:

Don't worry about motives.. Provide the info and it will clear his and many others doubts..

No i have not heard of Jiangsu..but that is because i have not yet planned to travel china..if i ever plan to travel china I will surely study about all the places to visit in china rather than just one wall...do you get my point and thus futility of this thread??

Jiangsu is the richest province in China, and has the city of Shanghai on the southern coastline. (Though Shanghai is counted separately from any province, same with Beijing and HK, they are not considered to be a part of any province).

So in fact it has a similar place in China, as Maharashtra does in India. But at least we now know what Maharashtra is after joining this forum, whereas the Indians still don't know what Jiangsu is.

Jiangsu is the richest province in China, and has the city of Shanghai on the southern coastline. (Though Shanghai is counted separately from any province, same with Beijing and HK, they are not counted as a part of any province).

So in fact it has a similar place in China, as Maharashtra does in India. But at least we now know what Maharashtra is after joining this forum, whereas the Indians still don't know what Jiangsu is.

One Indian(me) now knows what Jiangsu is and I will definitely travel their when I visit china..

IF you ever plan to come to India. never let people to know your name and plan....otherwise there will banners asking govt. not to allow you. Coz most of them think you will take India's photo and post it against us...:D...another weapon in your arsenal.......:triniti:

If you do come, PM me,....:enjoy:

I would rather group places to visit in India(as the travel will take time) - I would say take 1 group or 2 atmost.

Group 1

Delhi(red fort, Mughal/Sultanate monuments, Lotus temple, Akshardham temple, Jain Mandir, Birla temple) - Chandni Chowk- especially Parantha wali galli, India gate, Rajpath
Fatehpur Sikri
Agra - Taj and many Itmad Ud Daulah
Rajasthan - beautiful forts - Jaipur, Udaipur,Jaisalmer,Mewar, Mount Abu, Ranakpur
Punjab - Amristar - Golden temple

Group 2
Karnataka - Coorg, Shimoga, Hampi, Shringeri, Mysore - Maharaja palace, Seringapatnam, Bangalore - Tipu palace
Kerala - Munnar, Kochi, Alleppey -backwaters, Kovalam
Tamilnadu - Kanyakumari, Meenakshi temple, Big temple, Mahabalipuram - for 8th century sculptures, Chittanavaasal - 8th century paintings

Group 3
Maharastra - Ajantha, Ellora caves, Aurangabad, Mumbai-Elephanta caves

Group 4

Madhya Pradesh - Gwalior, Kajuraho, Jhansi, Sanchi

Group 5

Bihar, Jharkhand - Bodh Gaya, Ranchi

There are other isolated places like Puri, Konark, Sikkim, Simla but it would need travel.

One Indian(me) now knows what Jiangsu is and I will definitely travel their when I visit china..

After being on this forum for several years, I can probably name half of the Indian states off the top of my head.

Whereas I bet that 99% of the Indians here can't even name the richest province in China (Jiangsu). :P

Anyway, if you come to visit, watch out for the Chinglish signs:

68461912.jpg

65485658.jpg

48634769.jpg

I would never take a vacation to any country in order to take pictures and defame it, what a waste of money! It would be pretty rude as well.

If I want to do that I could easily just find the necessary pictures on the internet, avoiding the time/hassle as well as not being rude to my guests.

After being on this forum for several years, I can probably name half of the Indian states off the top of my head.

Whereas I bet that 99% of the Indians here can't even name the richest province in China (Jiangsu). :P

Anyway, if you come to visit, watch out for the Chinglish signs:

chinglish-1.jpg

DSCF1753.jpg

DSCF1753.jpg

This forum is all about India...
so mention of chinese provinces is rare...still i know about provinces like guangdong, chonging

@ Icewolf...there are thousand other things than monuments and temples...Perhaps you will like a tiger safari on elephant....see this video; the urge will come from inside...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom